New Content for Hearts of Iron the Card Game Released Today!
60 new game cards in the “Hidden and Dangerous” set
NEW YORK – January 23rd, 2011 – Paradox Interactive today announced that Hearts of Iron The Card Game, a free-to-play, browser-based, online Collectible Card Game (CCG) set in World War II, has now received additional content in the form of 60 new cards and various updates.
Playing between January 23rd and February 6th, winners of “Head to Head” or tournament matches will receive a free booster pack from this new set. The game is available here: http://hoitcg.com
The 60 new cards include:
- 6 new doctrines, 5 new HQ cards; both faction specific and universal
- Three new leaders of World War II join the fray: Keith Park, Albert Kesselring and Ivan Chernyakhovsky. These three leaders will have different abilities that are going to help their faction greatly
- More Infantry, support, tank and air cards that will be very useful assets to your army
A selection of the new cards:
Other updates to the game:
- New feature ”Hidden”, which lets you collect cards that are hidden from your opponent in battle. Mind games will now be a part of your strategy. The hidden cards will only be revealed to your adversary as they are used.
- New themes for the reverse of your cards. Each player will receive two new free themes, and will be able to buy a handful of new ones.
- Time in Head to Head matches will be changed from 30 minutes, to 40 minutes. This change will make larger decks more viable to use.
A beginners guide is available here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ts-of-Iron-TCG
- Play as the Axis, Allies, or Comintern
- 200 Unique cards, with authentic World War II art and photography
- Competitive game modes where players can earn booster packs
- Deck editor lets you collect, build and customize decks according to your play style
- Trade cards with other players.
More info about the game:
Play now: http://hoitcg.com/
Nice! 40 minutes.
BTW, there are 2 HOITCG twitter, and this one posted is innactive.
The info window in shop doesn't really give much info. Does the H&D booster have same amount of C/U/R than 1st edition boosters?
proud member of beta-testing team :beer:
many new cards and new systems. hopefully be able to win a few packs
but, does each win give 1 of the new packs + standart, or especially in tournament instead of standart up to 8 new booster?
My understanding is that all H2H and Tournament rewards between the dates listed will be H&D after you'll get basic. So you have a horde of tickets use them/trade them away before their value is downgraded after the deadline. (Tickets are still going to cost the same but artificially they will be cheaper since you could only use them for basic)
Yes, the new booster pack have the same amount of cards.
Originally Posted by Poppis
We tried our best to hunt down all the bugs so don't crucify us betas if you bump into one, please... please...
Good day for me - my first ever played h2h and my first H&D booster.
By the way, they improved deck builder interface. It`s a lot better now.
how did u got to be tester anyway? would have loved to be one aswell ^^
Originally Posted by myLAAN
and curse u u didnt catch the support bug that probably wasnt there for u
Well, the devs are busy people that cannot solve all issues immediately
And how one becomes a beta? One day, a mysterious message appears, with an offer you can't refuse!
Imperial Guard Conscript
Wow! Nice surprise!!!
By the way did they solve the reserves reshuffle problem?
Last edited by Delta107; 23-01-2012 at 22:30.
Well quite nice to have new cards. But obviously there are alot of new bugs now + the timer in H2H ist still 30mins.
Hi, I just tried a h2h and it was 40 mins per player now, so I think that's been fixed at least
I forgot to thank for the 10 minutes added to h2h. I've been joking and criticizing around and it's great to see it has changed! Don't know though if this extends to tournaments.
Not for tournaments. They are really long even now, another hour wouldn't really help in that way, as much as gameplay would appreciate it.
The 10 minutes would extend a tournament for 30 minutes. If you schedule games to start in exactly one hour after the game before it can be a lot more confortable to wait to finish the tournament, more than it's now. You could add even 20 minutes.
It's 10 minutes for each player, so the tournament would be 1 hour longer.
Yes, you are right! I'll drink a coffee. Anyway, rounds should be scheduled to start in one hour from the previous one, as Baruk said on another thread. I think this would be the better.
Hi all. Only head 2 head matches are 40 minutes. Tournaments will remain the same.