• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
This shall be my second attempt at an AAR, hopefully this will be more entertaining now that I know how to actually post pictures. (now to find out how to make them big)

The first Journal will be out soon, I just have to play it out first :laugh:.

*Note to self, 20 pics max, face count as pics*

And AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY we go

Journal of So Shigemoto: Act 1 - Isle of So

My name is So Shigemoto, Daimyo of the So clan on the island of Tsushima, I have been known as an ill person, but I have always prevailed through. I have a wife, three daughters and only one son.

2012-01-22_00002.JPG

As I overlook my holding, I realize the tinyness of Tsushima. It is but a single Kumi, but it is the heartland of the So clan for centuries. We island people are proud and mighty warriors, and the isolation of the So has caused us to miss rapid expansion and the Emperor's attention. But this may be a good thing.

2012-01-22_00001.JPG

This is my useless son So Fujisada, an envious boy, but a good soldier. He's unmarried, which is direly needed to change. The So clan is weak with girls, so I need as many wives for my only son as possible if the So clan is to continue. Without men, we'll die out, which is not the fate of the Clan, I will not let it be the fate.

2012-01-22_00004.JPG

So I sent my men far and wide in search of fertile wives, of which I found three. However, that dishonourable Settsu-Arima Clan refused, I'll teach them one day. The So have long memories. Oh yes, the Settsu-Arima will pay.

2012-01-22_00007.JPG

I'm going to tell you a secret, the So clan will have greatness. I will groom my heir(s) to conquer the entirety of Kyushu. The So are the only true Island People. Kyushu belongs to us.

But as a setting stage, Clan So has to claim the island of Iki. Iki always been ours, for we are the true masters of the Isles. But we were cheated out of it by the far flung Kyogoku clan. Clan So have long memories, and we'll reclaim this land.

2012-01-22_00008.JPG.

Fortunantly for me, the Kyogoku are war with the regional power in northern Kyushu, the Ouchi Clan. This will destroy any resistance that the Kyogoku may put up, but the Ouchi are ambious, thinking themselves the masters of the sea. They may want to take Iki for themselves. I will have to build up Tsushima to accomidate the economic need for war with another nation.

Until we speak again, this is Daimyo So Shigemoto

Though, to tell the truth, I think I'm getting the cold again....

Last edited:
Ah ha so the Number of AARs in the Sengoku AAR section which are active has doubled I see. I expect better than a So So performance. I want professional Military discipline otherwise you have no hope of expanding. Any way Iki should be easy as the Kyogoku should be smashed fairly quickly by the other powers like the Yamana and the Ouchi but you'll have to strike with the speed of a Ninja to get it before the Ouchi do. Attack right away raise the levy and siege it before the Ouchi arrive then you'll get it. THen simply take Uku or whatever it's called to bring you up to 3 provinces strong. In terms of posting large pictures I use the Image button and paste the Url from where ever I uploaded it from on the web and that gives me nice big pictures.

@Thandros, thanks for the input, even if the halp might have came a bit late... (smiley face)

Journal of So Shigemoto: Act 2 - Preperations made; Preperations lost

The first need of a warring clan is men. Men to fight, seige and win the isles for the mighty So. I sent my Master at Arms to recruit my retinue of Infantry, because I am in more need of seige equipment then winning battles, my armies will always be overwhelmed regardless.

2012-01-22_00006.jpg

My next goal is to create confusion amongst the Ouchi. They are large, but they are distracted by multiple wars. I use my Master of the Guard to disrupt relations between the Leader of the Ouchi and the Daimyo of Buzen. If the Daimyo would break, the resulting civil war would be a successful smokescreen to my further efforts of expanding onto the island of Kyushu.

2012-01-22_00010.jpg

I also detail my Master of Arms to upgrade the Tsushima castle, for the purpose of expanding my levi. They are my lifeline to continual expansion and survival amongst the rabid dogs of modern clans. Why, look at the Onin and Kanto wars going on in the East, it's positively barbaric.

2012-01-22_00005.jpg

Now that my military preperations are on the way, I need to focus on more domestic matters. My daughters ... all three of them.... Why couldn't the gods given me three sons and one daughter, instead of one son and three daughter? So I send my men to marry them off to people of power, to Daimyos across Japan. Unfortunantly they took my "across Japan" seriously and married two of my daughters to random clans, even one called the Endo ... no Ando. Maybe Ondo? Doesn't matter.

2012-01-22_00011.jpg

2012-01-22_00014.jpg

My mechinations of power have made the people realize my power, my ambition, my desire to unite the Islands under the true Island folk.

2012-01-22_00016.jpg

But even matchless ambition and a successful dissent operation in Buzen can help the clan, because the unthinkable has happened. The Ouchi has taken Iki right out from under the So clan. THEY SHALL PAY. How could they? They ... They ... my plans .... they are ruined. No far flung Kyogoku to fight, but the power of Northern Kyushu itself. What am I to do?

2012-01-22_00017.jpg

2012-01-22_00025.jpg

But ... can it be? There is hope? There is HOPE! The rightful and honourable Otomo Clan has let us in on a secret, but I'll let the original letter tell the story.

2012-01-22_00027-1.jpg

For now this is So Shigemoto, the Ambious, signing off. May this prove to be fruitful.

Now, I need to deal with my last daughter....

Attachments

• 2012-01-22_00016.jpg
    2012-01-22_00016.jpg
    499,2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2012-01-22_00017.jpg
    2012-01-22_00017.jpg
    455,5 KB · Views: 88
  • 2012-01-22_00025.jpg
    2012-01-22_00025.jpg
    467,8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2012-01-22_00027-1.jpg
    2012-01-22_00027-1.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 111
  • 2012-01-22_00006.jpg
    2012-01-22_00006.jpg
    485,8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Journal of So Shigemoto: Act 3 - End of an Era

The Otomo are grand to invite the mighty So to the plot to destroy the awful Ouchi, however spies in the Ouchi armies have replied that the entirety of their army is overseas fighting the Hamachi(?), unfortunantly the letter was rain soaked and the enemies name was undecodable. The time to strike now, besides, I am honourable enough to admit that I do not know how these "plots" work. But we do not need them!

2012-01-22_00028.jpg

The time is now, the destiny of clan So, the destiny of my children, and my destiny are to be filled at this moment. Iki shall be ours, the Ouchi shall fall, none shall stand in the way of ever lasting glory of the true island people, of the mighty clan So!

2012-01-22_00029.jpg

The declaration has considerably weakened my honour amongst the nobles of clan So and the rest of the clan leaders across Japan, I must not let any other dishonour fall upon the backs of the So, for if I commit Seppuku, who will lead the clan other then that son of mine?

It has been discovered! That useless plot led by that hapless Otomo clan. My honour, it has vanished. The calls for my honourable suicide is great, but I cannot let that happen, if they lose me, who will lead the clan to ever glorious victory? I will NOT die, I WILL survive!

2012-01-22_00030.jpg

... My son, he has come to me ... it is time ... all my planning ... all my work ... all my AMBITION. Lost, I am to commit Seppuku at the break of dawn tomorrow. Dear Clan, what will you do without me? Ancestors, I pray to you, let my son be all that he can, let this sire of mine be proud and conquer the isles in the name of the So.

2012-01-22_00031.jpg

"Ambition, like waves,
Laps at the coast of honour.
Destroying all built"

- So Shigemoto's death poem

i hope this is still active because i like what i read :)

The next update is coming, Photobucket is just thinking it is being funny and making me try to upload pictures the long way.

Journal of Fujisada So: Act 1 - War with the Ouchi

My name is Fujisada So, son of the late Shigemoto So, the former ambitous leader of the clan of So. His dedication to the clan (and distain for me) led me to start taking an interest in tactics, becoming a strategic genius. But I am honourable enough to say that I am envious of the clans of Kyushu who lead large hosts against their enemies.

2012-02-05_00001.jpg

Our war with Ouchi continue though, and I must fight to the best of my ability and with the utmost cunning. I start the campaign by continuing some of my father's ways (notably trying to have the Kyushu Daimyo of the Ouchi to break away and upgrading Tsushima). I also move my main army to Iko to start besieging.

2012-02-05_00002.jpg

On the Homefront, my father's death have left myself in a untenable position as the leader of the So clan. I have two different popular courtiers trying to establish their dominance and act like pretenders, but I'll show them who is the true Lord of So after i finish this war with the Ouchi.

2012-02-05_00003.jpg

My intelligence officer has sent me the findings on Ouchi troop sizes and placements, and it is horrifying. They outnumber the So in Kyushu levies alone nearly 2:1 but they are seperated and weak for now, so I must capitalize and take Iki before they regroup and invade the So.

2012-02-05_00004.jpg

Thrice good news! The Marketplace in Tsushima finished early, the Ouchi's Kyushu's forces left the island to join the war on the mainland, and Iki now rightfully belongs to the So.

2012-02-05_00010.jpg

I quickly give the position of the Daimyo of Iki to the only person I trust, myself. I also order the Master at Arms to retain order, not that these true island people really NEED that. I also begin to upgrade it's village so that more money can be fed into my coffers.

2012-02-05_00012.jpg

My next target is the land of Ito, a province close to the home islands, and a good foothold into Kyushu. That will be my next best geuss, though I don't know why the Ouchi keep on sending all their levies back onto the mainland.

2012-02-05_00014.jpg

I'm sorry it has been So long, but the seige of Ito did not turn out as expected. The greatest possible thing has happened, the plan has worked! The Mushiroda have broken away and the Ouchi are in civil war! This changes our game, and throws it into our favour. My father's dream will become a reality, we will WIN!

2012-02-05_00021.jpg

The armies of So have to rush in order to take land on Kyushu, but I am able to take Usa before the Mushiroda. The So now have a foothold on Kyushu! My will is true, my arrow is straight, and the Ouchi are no longer a threat, it is now simply a waiting game.

2012-02-05_00023.jpg

Peace in our time!

The Ouchi are defeated, they send messangers begging for surrender. The will of the So, the will of the true people of the Island cannot be stopped. Maybe my ungrateful father was not as ill as I thought he was.

2012-02-05_00024.jpg