Closed Thread

Thread: Napoleonic Mode

Napoleonic Mode

One idea which could work out well I think is an option to simulate Napoleon's career in a way similar to the game below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Empereur

At first, you start out as the commander of the army of Italy, then as you gain military successes, you move on to higher positions with more possibilities.

I also very much liked the economic management aspects and necessity of training newly recruited troops in the game, although the military system certainly had weaknesses.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    I remember this game!! It was one of my favorites back on my NES. The career system in that game I think would work great as bookmarks. But it remains to be see if the game is going to be just one grand campaign, bookmarks only, or a play anytime setting.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Heart_of_Darkness modder novapaddy's Avatar
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I recommend a good book on the period:

The War of Wars by Robert Harvey, ISBN 978-1-84529-635-3, 2006, pp962.

A well-written, enjoyable and informative read.
    [WIP] Conquista, a mod for Victoria 2, Heart of Darkness, 1600 to 1936.

If it isn't a fun thing to do, then there is no point in doing it.

Originator of the Darkest Hour Manual and Meneth's Guide to CKII.
    Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novapaddy View Post
    I recommend a good book on the period:

The War of Wars by Robert Harvey, ISBN 978-1-84529-635-3, 2006, pp962.

A well-written, enjoyable and informative read.
    My entire computer room is lined with bookcases not another!

The ISBN is a great reference thanks!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Heart_of_Darkness modder novapaddy's Avatar
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    My entire computer room is lined with bookcases not another!

The ISBN is a great reference thanks!
    I was a compositor/typesetter (back when it was a real Trade), so I know about such stuff. Cheers
    [WIP] Conquista, a mod for Victoria 2, Heart of Darkness, 1600 to 1936.

If it isn't a fun thing to do, then there is no point in doing it.

Originator of the Darkest Hour Manual and Meneth's Guide to CKII.
    Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

Closed Thread