• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eldridge

Sergeant
63 Badges
Aug 21, 2009
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
This is a question directed at developers and people who have already played the game.

When you send a fosterling to another Lord or a foriegn court, do you get a cassus belli if that fosterling is killed (by unatural causes) whilst under their protection or is it just a significant relation hit?

I know there is a potential that that might be exploited as a way of getting easy causes for war but surely it would make sense as you have entrusted your family member's life in the hands of another character. The reason you would send a child away would be to show your trust and favour. If that trust is broken, I think the penalties should be severe.

Based on what I've heard, you can't go to war with Christians without claims, so probably not, but I agree that it should give you one.

When you send a fosterling to another Lord or a foriegn court, do you get a cassus belli if that fosterling is killed (by unatural causes) whilst under their protection or is it just a significant relation hit?

I know there is a potential that that might be exploited as a way of getting easy causes for war but surely it would make sense as you have entrusted your family member's life in the hands of another character. The reason you would send a child away would be to show your trust and favour. If that trust is broken, I think the penalties should be severe.

There can be something along the line. Fosterlings can be used to reinforce alliance or breaking it in case of problems.
From my Sengoku experience, I can tell there is a similar mechanic about alliances through the "send hostage(s)" system.

- Send fosterling
- Assassinate your son/daughter
- ???
- Profit !

Sure, if you're a remorseless, honorless, heartless kinslaying tyrant. But then if you get caught, you should go down hard.