+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Let's Create a Community Alternate Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    Well, what're we going to do about them then? The Hafsids are unlikely to be able to do something like that, what with getting owned by the Marinids.
    Genoan coastal provinces and a rump Tupi state it is then. I'm thinking this.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Well, uh...go Genoa?

Also, I am of the mind that some countries really need to receive new colours. What if we give ENG's colour to UKG and then come up with a new colour for ENG?

EDIT: What about this?

EDIT2: A funny observation: In Divergences, Southern Germany is made up of free German states while North Germany is dominated by Scandinavia, Burgundy and Bohemia.

Here, North Germany is relatively free, while South Germany is...not so much.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 08-03-2012 at 21:28.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Sorry about the lack of progress these last two days. Life has been busy, with college, amongst other things, but rest assured that this mod isn't dying, because I'll be right back to my previous rate of progress as soon as my schedule clears out, so Monday onwards. This just happens to a very busy time for me, and I again apologize to those who were anticipating progress.

Hey, made some more flags. Any thoughts?
    FlagCollage3.png
    Order: Default-Monarchy-Republic-Communist-Fascist

Seems like we are starting to have quite a big pile of flags. Also, if you want the flags to actually implement then I could send you the original TGAs.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 12-03-2012 at 20:49.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Uh, Pskov.
    Maybe, it should be better to make a tricolor/scandianvian cross with the coat of arms on it.

Eh, I've made a Scandinavian cross for the Swedish puppet monarchy. The rest are based off of the OTL flag of the Republic of Pskov (except for that embroidered scandinavian cross which I found on the net as a proposed flag for both Estonia and Pskov IIRC. It looked cool so...yeah.). Any suggestions for a better one though? I'm open to suggestions, though I would prefer keeping the OTL flag as it makes sense for republicans to adopt it, don't ya think?
    Last edited by Dyranum; 12-03-2012 at 22:09.

Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Genoa: There is a resizing problem, the horizontal line is wider than the vertical one. And maybe take a darker shade of red?
    Prussia: the communist flag doesn't look that great. Maybe try to put a design similar to the monarchy, but instead of a cross, put a red background?

Yeah, I thought Genoa's flag looked weird somehow. I'll get to rectifying that when I've got the time. However, the red colour is the traditional Genoan red (AFAIK) and I don't want to change that.
    As for Prussia, I have already done one flag-in-the-corner-on-red-backround-communist-flag and did not want to do another, but I will take a look into it regardless.

EDIT: What about I do the flag in canton on red background AND add text? I just need to get a good font. Anybody know how to change text fonts in Paint.NET?

Right, sorry for not posting up on my progress, but happily, I've been as busy as my free time has allowed me. I finished integrating the countries.txt list fully(and also realized we don't have tags for India -.- ), and finished Africa, the Levant/Arabia, and Europe.

Click for a better picture quality.

You've missed three Bosnian provinces on that screenshot. They're Austrian there. Those lower three.

Oh, damn it. That's the one negative to using Kinniken's tool combined with the search in files option on Windows. Sometimes it gets too easy to make mistakes. Will go and fix.

That's why you double-check it.

Also, here's yet another flag collage:
    FlagCollage4.png

Revised some of the Genoan flags as well as the Prussian and Nyland communist flags.
    I've included a Ricky scandinavian communist flag (iceland to be specific) for good measure and as reference to the Nyland communist flag which is based off of it.
    The filter on the icelandic commie flag made it a bit harder to work with than expected, but I think I managed well enough.

Good as always, Dyranum

Here's what I got done today, it's not so much an update, as it is, 'Look, I can make it colorfulz now!'

Looks great, though you should give Switzerland its vanilla brown colour. Its AHD colour is too close to Burgundy's Burgundy.

EDIT: Also, you need to redo the colours for the UKG and ENG. Or atleast, I thought my new colour proposal worked. It is located on this page.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 18-03-2012 at 23:09.

Yeah, there's too many red tones, with Burgundy and the Jageillon's around.

I'd suggest making UKG a blue tone (the English/French background), with ENG keeping the pink-map color - something like this perhaps (or switching around some of the blue tones there - maybe swapping Paris' and ENG's colors):

Not sure what to do with Switzerland, though. It does need a color change to distinguish it from Burgundy, though.

What program/method are you using to go through the provinces, anyway? It looks quite useful.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Well it might be better to change Burgundy from what I'd call a crimson(I'm bad with the exact names of colors) to a more burgundy color considering that is where the color gets its name from and then perhaps lighten Switzerland's red a bit to ensure that there is distinguished difference between the two?

What about giving a brown color to Burgundy? It was used by Belgium in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    Well it might be better to change Burgundy from what I'd call a crimson(I'm bad with the exact names of colors) to a more burgundy color considering that is where the color gets its name from and then perhaps lighten Switzerland's red a bit to ensure that there is distinguished difference between the two?
    I gave Burgundy the colour that Wikipedia said was Burgundy (well, the RGB on the Burgundy page to be more exact).

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    I gave Burgundy the colour that Wikipedia said was Burgundy (well, the RGB on the Burgundy page to be more exact).
    Oh I'm surprised it looks that way then maybe I'm just thinking about the way the Burgundian color looked in Divergences and EU3

Will the computer AI be able to actually work and be competative/not terrible with how much different the map is? If it does it would be glorious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast