+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Let's Create a Community Alternate Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Pooned View Post
    Will the computer AI be able to actually work and be competative/not terrible with how much different the map is? If it does it would be glorious.
    The AI works fine for alternate scenarios (Divergences, some smaller alternate history or major change mods [such as the New Nations mod with its addons, or even stuff like Victoria Fantasia which totally reworks how the world works]... the AI holds up pretty well). In fact, by balancing the scenario, and being able to change historical reality to better fit a really cool game setup, we can try to improve its ability to set up a fun game in some situations.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Thanks for the reply. Really looking forward to a complete version of this!

Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you're going to go far enough to make Jagelliona that big, you may as well just give them access to the Black Sea via Moldavia and the rest of Teutonia too. But that's just my opinion.
    Nationality: Yankee
    Religion: Mahayana
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire; Free Trade; Atheism; Pacifism; Full Citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: Low
    Militancy: 2
    Consciousness: 10

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you're going to go far enough to make Jagelliona that big, you may as well just give them access to the Black Sea via Moldavia and the rest of Teutonia too. But that's just my opinion.
    The Jagiellon Empire is/was Poland, Lithuania, Bohemia, and Hungary under one crown. Depending on when unification occurs, you would also include Croatia and Prussia.

The most probable unification occurs sometime in the 15th or 16th centuries. In that case, you're looking at a kingdom that controls Poland-Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary, Prussia, and possibly Croatia and Moldavia. That all depends on how powerful you want this country to be though.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

The story behind the Jagiellonian Realm is that it used to be huge and mighty, but at the start in 1836 it has been in a long period of decline. It has lost a lot of ground, and its military is not in tip-top shape either. I mean, look at how they are on the map. Austria and Venice have taken Croatia. Sweden has taken the baltics and has a Prussian puppet state there. And the Crimean Khanate has taken Ukraine. And Lithuania has been ripped off of Jagiellonia too.

They're surrounded on all sides by states who hate them. It is a miracle that they haven't been broken up yet.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Looks like Jagiellonian Realm the same with vanilla Austria, isn't it?
    That's cause I want it to be called just "Poland" and to have a decision, turning it into "Poland-Hungary".
    Also, we need to have a liberal revolution in the chronicle (like OTL Great French Revolution). I suppose, Naples, Greece or Russia could have it - it should explain why do Italian states, states of Asia Minor or states to the west of Russia are exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yellow View Post
    Looks like Jagiellonian Realm the same with vanilla Austria, isn't it?
    That's cause I want it to be called just "Poland" and to have a decision, turning it into "Poland-Hungary".
    Also, we need to have a liberal revolution in the chronicle (like OTL Great French Revolution). I suppose, Naples, Greece or Russia could have it - it should explain why do Italian states, states of Asia Minor or states to the west of Russia are exist.
    I think the closest thing we have so far to a liberal revolution is the United Kingdom's implosion. It's quite muddled in with a lot of other issues, but the rebelling colonists, the Parisian republic, the English lords, etc. have similar motives to the American and French revolutions OTL. It's a bit more contained due to all the little leaders in it (there's no unified force behind the various liberal French Dukes, the Republic, revolutionaries in the Americas, and the English lords - it was a much less centralized region to begin with).

If we want a full on Napoleonic sweeping-Europe kind of liberal wave, I'm not sure who could pull it off. The English and French have their own problems, as do the Jagiellon's - that takes off the biggest nations (Russia is isolated from the West and Austria looks like it's surrounded by more powerful forces).

A liberal revolutionary Greece/Epirus could be interesting, though. Formerly a claimant to the Eastern Roman Empire, but now a republic. It would add a bit more confusion over the whole struggle to re-form the empire.

Or perhaps we could just scatter around Jacobins (or whatever we'll call them) in a lot of smaller but still significant nations (Epirus, Naples, Denmark-Norway, the Netherlands [or Holland or Flanders or whatever that one is], Portugal, etc.). If one of them falls, they get a few powerful generals and a decision which will net them a lot of prestige and cb's to spread the revolution (but will also give GP's cb's* against them - or just net them a lot of infamy). These cb's will push them to expand (making puppet liberal states across Europe, seizing some bordering lands to them or lands in their union**). Later there would be a series of events as their generals die off and the revolution loses steam - killing off the powerful generals, giving them a lot of infamy, and removing their cb's - then they must struggle to hold on to whatever they got.

*I think originally the revolutionary state would have (for free):
    - a Make Puppet cb valid for any nation bordering them or their puppets (aside from GP's). This would trigger an event to change the puppet to a liberal state too, and perhaps use Great War mod style events to pull these puppets into wars with the revolutionary state.
    - a Free People cb.
    And an occasional event would give them a free cb for taking a bordering province (of a nation they were already at war with, of a nation in their cultural union, or a rare chance of just a random bordering nation).

GP's would have against any revolutionary state.
    - Containment cb's. (just because of the high infamy the decision would give - these would last past the revolutionary state's decline, too).
    - Free People cb's?
    - cb's to free puppets (with an event to prop up a monarchy instead, probably)

**This would lead to rare occasions of a really fast formation of Italy, Spain, Germany, or Scandinavia - although the union would usually be broken up later.

Edit:
    I don't think we need much more explanation for the Italian, Anatolian, or Central Asian states.
    - Italy is more or less like in OTL. While Naples looks like a rising power, the peninsula is a bunch of city states.
    - Asia Minor was lost to the Turks - who broke up into sort of equally powerful nations instead of solidifying into the Ottoman Empire.
    - Russia expanded pretty well, even into the Americas (due to lack of colonization of other powers there). They're still only a partially westernized nation, though, and the Mongol Hordes managed to stick together better.
    Last edited by Gloa; 24-03-2012 at 19:03.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

I don't think a Liberal Revolution like OTL could be pulled off in Scandinavia. The people are too different, as well as the governments. Both Sweden and Denmark-Norway are hardly like France used to be.
    Also, a Liberal Revolutin in the ERE...I guess it is possible in the current situation, but absolutism is so ingrained there that I doubt that they'll be the first. The current mess that the Empire is now in is due to other factors which I have made a post on somewhere earlier in this thread (go look it up, I'm too lazy).

I don't know how a Liberal Revolution would work with the Netherlands though...they're fighting a colonial revolt at the start.

Iberia we can count out entirely. And most of Eastern Europe doesn't wor either...and I don't think Naples would work, they're busy holding the ground against the Marinids.
    I guess Epirus could work, or maybe even Thrace. Would explain how the new Helleno-Turkic state was able to push back Thrace from Eastern and Western Thrace.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Maybe, Italian states could be united due to the threat from the south and Naples could become its centre. So, we have strong Italian state with conscious population, good military and successful trade, so it's a good place for a liberal revolution. But, the revolution has failed, so Naples lost Tuscany, Lombardia, Genoa, Venice or even Occitania!
    This variant doesn't preclude the Epirus Revolution version, so Italy and Greece could be allies in this revolution.
    EDIT: In this variant, Revolutionary Italy could make a big success in France but have some problems with Burgundy. Greece could make a march to the north, defeating Jagiellons and giving independence to Hungary. Also, united armies of Italy and Greece crushed Austria, destroyed HRE, gived an influence to Saxony (like OTL Bavaria) and landed troops in Tunis.
    Finally, this union was destroyed by Sweden, Denmark, Russia, British part of UKEF and Marinids.
    So, now we have totally chaotic UKEF, ambitious Burgundy (like OTL Prussia), failing Jagiellonia, strong Scandinavia (like OTL United Kingdom), rising Russia and Marinid Empire - sick man of Europe.
    Last edited by Mr. Yellow; 24-03-2012 at 21:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yellow View Post
    EDIT: In this variant, Revolutionary Italy could make a big success in France but have some problems with Burgundy. Greece could make a march to the north, defeating Jagiellons and giving independence to Hungary. Also, united armies of Italy and Greece crushed Austria, destroyed HRE, gived an influence to Saxony (like OTL Bavaria) and landed troops in Tunis.
    Finally, this union was destroyed by Sweden, Denmark, Russia, British part of UKEF and Marinids.
    So, now we have totally chaotic UKEF, ambitious Burgundy (like OTL Prussia), failing Jagiellonia, strong Scandinavia (like OTL United Kingdom), rising Russia and Marinid Empire - sick man of Europe.
    Uh...there is no Greece. And that does not gel with the reality in the Balkans, which would probably be left pretty much untouched by any conflict similar to OTL Napoleonic Wars as they're simply not important. During that time, assuming that the timeframes are similar, the Eastern Roman Empire will be a bunch of states and rulers all hell-bent on conquering each others and crowning themselves emperor. Destroying Austria doesn't work either, since then why would they still have Aragon? They gave up all of their exclaves after the Napoleonic Wars, though they were compensated by other land.

Also, I wouldn't say that the Marinids are similar to the Otomans. They are far healthier. The sick man of Europe would be the UK, and he's on life-support at the start, struggling to stay alive. Though the Jagiellons could also be called the sick man of Europe, what with both the Hungarians and Bohemians being a bit uppity.

As a side note, I was equating Saxony with OTL Prussia. Burgundy I would say is a bit different. Also, they were a state independent of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    Uh...there is no Greece. And that does not gel with the reality in the Balkans, which would probably be left pretty much untouched by any conflict similar to OTL Napoleonic Wars as they're simply not important. During that time, assuming that the timeframes are similar, the Eastern Roman Empire will be a bunch of states and rulers all hell-bent on conquering each others and crowning themselves emperor. Destroying Austria doesn't work either, since then why would they still have Aragon? They gave up all of their exclaves after the Napoleonic Wars, though they were compensated by other land.

Also, I wouldn't say that the Marinids are similar to the Otomans. They are far healthier. The sick man of Europe would be the UK, and he's on life-support at the start, struggling to stay alive. Though the Jagiellons could also be called the sick man of Europe, what with both the Hungarians and Bohemians being a bit uppity.

As a side note, I was equating Saxony with OTL Prussia. Burgundy I would say is a bit different. Also, they were a state independent of the UK.
    So, liberals could make a revolt in some of Greek states, expand it over all ERE and make a united state like "Roman Republic", cause they had a reason - those dukes couldn't bring peace in ERE and wanted only to get more authority. So, the revolution is liberal and pan-greek (or pan-byzantine if you'd like it).
    Before the revolution we had a strong England-France, strong and progressive Italy, failing HRE with Austria as an emperor, multi-national Jagiellonia, ERE divided into small duchies and having a weak emperor, slowly going down Marinids, mighty Denmark and Sweden (they could be a good allies) and Russia, having a bunch of reforms and trade through the Black Sea.
    After it, we have choking UKEF due to liberal revolts, abused Italy and ERE, Germany, full of pan-German movements etc.
    Serbia and Wallachia could be the states of divided ERE and Bosnia could be a part of Italy. Also, I'm definitely not aware what to do with little Iberian states.

I must say, I do like the concept of not having a proper "French Revolution" equivalent in this timeline, instead of creating a revolutionary state the liberals caused the disintegration of the Anglo-French Empire and then spread all over. A botched revolution, so to say.

Thinking of the Iberian states, they have somehow survived Marinid expansion, possibly through alliances or protection from other Christian nations. If the UKEF and HRE are suffering from internal problems, then the entire balance of power in the region should shift. There might even be a political push for the Christians to create an union for mutual protection, driven by events, since it is unlikely any of them would become a GP. Or even the possibility for one of the kings to court the Sultan for assistance in conquering the other Christians, for the sake of stability in the region.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Maybe have it so a Napoleonic revolution type event chain can happen to one of the nations during the timeframe of the game. Would be interesting and fun to play.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards having no French-revolution-esque revolution before 1836. We haven't even had colonial revolutions until near this time frame (with the UK of EaF's collapse) and the world is more autocratic in ideals to begin with, while also lacking such a centralized autocratic state like France was.

The collapse of the UK is the big event, with a lot of ramifications elsewhere. Even if there was a big revolutionary empire as well, it would risk being a sidenote to the collapse.

Instead, we have a revolution along the same lines but restricted by the decentralized nature of the former French territories of the UK (the Parisian Republic, which lacks France-wide authority and power). This leads more to a Springtime of the People kind of event, a surge in liberal interests (that was waiting to boil over before the revolt, but is inspired by the French example and possibly fueled by refugees and diplomats from the French duchies involved in the war). We could have parts of Europe crawling with rebels. Fill the Peloponnese with large rebel armies, held at a standstill by Epirus' armies located across the straight. Have pan-nationalists spawned in a few of the Spanish countries. Maybe break Hungary or Bohemia free, at war with a much better prepared Jagiellon realm (but also have traditional rebels around to bother said realm). Have the Netherlands struggling to deal with a colonial war abroad and revolts in its major cities. Etc.

If the rebels actually win, do a little Napoleonic revolution kind of event chain with them (allowing them to take a lot of infamy to get a bunch of infamy free cb's - drop relations with most states around them, but use a system like the Great Wars mod to keep bringing in any new revolutionary nations or puppet regimes into the fight with them), leading to the possibility of them going on conquering sprees and facing extreme containment.
    Interactive AARs:

Dukes? In the ERE? I'm sorry, what? The ERE is a highly centralised state, ruled by the Emperor. Its system is entirely different from Western Europe, and is an evolution of the Empire of Ancient Rome. I doubt that feudalism would be able to crop up in the ERE in this TL where it has fared better than IOTL.

On the other hand, there are still multiple throne claimants, and that is why the Empire is currently so divided. It started out in a five-way succession crisis (though with other underlying reasons as well), with the states of Epirus, Thrace, Nicaea, Trebizond and then those controlling Constantinople and its immediate surroundings. The last of those was quickly run-over by Thrace and Nicaea. And then the Baghdad Caliphate invaded and it went downhill from there.

The situation at 1836 is a three-way civil war, with Thrace in very bad shape as it has recently lost a lot of ground to the Kingdom of Rûm. Trebizond was forced to give up its claims to the throne after some misshaps.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Is this mod dead, or are the modders just silent? I really hope it's the latter, this seems to have so much potential.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    Is this mod dead, or are the modders just silent? I really hope it's the latter, this seems to have so much potential.
    I think a lot of the modders drifted off to various other things they had to do (if it useful to note that it's around the end of the school year for students, which might explain some absences) as we had more or less exhausted the last thing we were talking about (as there wasn't much actually modding going on yet). If someone starts up a new thing to do, it will probably attract some more attention again - any ideas you have for the setup?
    Interactive AARs:

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    I did actually send a message to the mod leader with a similar inquiry. His answer was that he had a lot of school work to do, but that he would return once that was all cleared out. In the meantime, we could just do what Gloa said: come up with new/more ideas.

Okay, to jumpstart more discussion, to help everyone remember what's happening, and just so that I can keep things straight - I've tried to compile a comprehensive explanation of the alternate history as we've talked about so far (well, at least Eurasia, sort of, for now):

(I will probably forget or make mistakes on several of the changes, so bear in mind that this won't be entirely accurate - and of course the history is always changing slightly)

Europe:

The United Kingdoms of England and France was a powerful force in the Continent and around the world. The Hundred Years War lead to English rule over France, although the continent was never centralized under the monarch's authority as England was. Powerful duchies held on to their powers - first due to England's need for local allies against the Valois, and later because the monarchs were more than content to just keep the empire together and improve their English possessions. A wave of colonial rebellions (lead by the high taxes and poor budgets after European wars, as well as specific abuses and general disregard for the cares of the colonists by the government) and revolution in the streets of Paris lead to a fracturing of the empire.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand." - Sides of The English Civil War:
    - The United Kingdoms: Catholic and fairly reactionary, the monarchs (still claiming diluted connections to the Plantagenets) of the United Kingdoms hold on to some power in Normandy and southern England. While they are unlikely to meet all their goals, which would be the full restoration of the empire, they may be able to secure some power in England or in France - or perhaps even in some of the colonies.
    - English Revolutionaries: Tired of the arbitrary power of the monarchs, several English barons - supported by popular revolts in some places - have lead a rebellion seeking to instill some kind of constitutional control to the kingdom. They seek a constitutional monarchy and are more focused on the British Isles - while they still claim the rest of the empire, they will not put up much of a fight to hold on to far flung possessions.
    - Parisian Republic: True revolutionaries, the people of Paris have set up their own popular government after driving away royalist forces and beginning a series of ambitious reforms in their controlled territories. They seek to unite France under a republic and have shaky alliances with most of the revolting duchies.
    - The French duchies: Brittany, Occitania, Acquitane(?)...? The most powerful duchies seek to finally be free of English rule, and for now are mostly allied with the each other and the revolutionaries in Paris (and regional revolts which convinced some of them to join the cause).
    - The colonies: Many of the colonies have taken the opportunity to declare independence (if they hadn't done so already by the time the empire really started to crumble). One of the biggest is Canada, which struggles with the English aligned Iriquois and loyalists. Some colonies have aligned themselves with what they see as their mother duchies (the seafaring Bretons most of all), but some have declared their intentions to act completely independently.
    - Ireland and Scotland(?): Also have declared independence from the UK.

The Jagiellon Kingdom are another major power, although they too are in decline. Centered in Poland, this large empire is powerful but lacks the unity of many of the up and coming nations.

Central Europe. Between the UK and the Jagiellon's lie several important nations, most of which were at least at one time a part of the Holy Roman Empire. The Netherlands, Burgundy, Switzerland, Saxony, and Austria are some of the more powerful. Austria under the Habsburgs has a fairly spread out domain, including a personal union with the crown of Aragon - an important border state in Iberia.

Scandinavia holds much influence in Europe, split between Denmark and Sweden's realms. While Sweden has gained much power along the Baltic, Denmark has extensive territories in the New World. (there's also some small client states of Sweden up here, like Prussia and Pskov)

Italy. The most notable changes are Venice and the contention for Sicily between Naples (the strongest Italian nation, along with their nominal allies of the Knights Hospitaller) and the Moors.

Iberia. With reconquistas never getting much headway against the Muslim Marinid Empire, the Christian duchies left in Iberia are divided and fight among themselves as often as the Moors. The Moors in turn are also wont to fight among themselves, with Marinid territories having chances to break away and splinter - potentially to coalesce again as an independent Iberia (if Spain is not formed first).

Russia. The Grand Duchy of Russia/the Russian Empire is a newly westernizing state that has conquered vast expanses of Asian wastelands. Focused on the East, the nation long was seen simply as the Eastern Orthodox khanate by European observers, but its power against the weakening Crimeans and Jagiellons, along with its colonial expeditions into the unexplored Western side of the New World, mean that it can no longer be ignored.

The Crimean Khanate is a powerful, albeit declining, force in the Black Sea area. They used to be the terror of the East to Christian nations, but now they are the ones in trouble as Russia grows more powerful.

The Balkans have always been a contentious place. Epirus and Thracia, based in Greece and Bulgaria respectively and tracing their descent from the Eastern Roman Empire, seek to restore their former glory.

The Rest of the Mediterranean (North Africa, Middle and Near Easts, etc.)

The Marinid Empire continues to be a strong force in North Africa, Iberia, and the New World. While they may have struggles, the Marinids are not crumbling like some other old empires, and are still seen as the great threat to their northern neighbors.

The Knights Hospitaller, based on the island of Cyprus, are a holy order devoted to the protection of Mediterranean trade and settlement. While some question their relevance in the modern age, the threats to Christian nations' colonial and trade interests around the world (mostly due to the powerful Marinid presences and subsequent tensions in most of the choice colonization locations and trade routes) have lead to the model being adapted for other regions of the world as well.

Anatolia is somewhat evenly divided between a Christianized nation which sees itself as a followup to the Eastern Roman Empire (and controls Constantinople? The Kingdom of Rum?) and a Muslim nation mostly propped up by larger Muslim nations such as the Crimeans.

The Caliphate. Both the Sultan of Egypt and the Sultan of Baghdad seek to form another truly united Caliphate - their only obstacle is the other Sultan. Baghdad is richer, but Egypt's military has a slight edge. Both seek to extend their influence throughout the divided Arabian states and other neighboring Muslim nations.

Asia

Central Asia is dominated by the large Khanates, including the still sizable remnants of the Mongol Empire. There's also a large Durrani Empire to the south of them.

China controls only a tiny area of OTL China, with many peasant uprisings, invading armies, and independent kingdoms carving out their own places in East Asia. The newest dynasty, which is still quite old, followed an unsuccessful Ming dynasty and focused on their centrally positioned territories and naval possessions. The Kingdoms of Yunnan and Sichuan are powerful states in their own right, and have had independence from China for a long time. More troubling to China is Zhongguo, a "people's kingdom" formed by a particularly resilient peasant uprising which since then has fared very well (the official names of the two states are not very different, but European travelers and cartographers have associated the names China with the emperor and Zhongguo with the rebels as a convention). They do not have the forces to crush Zhongguo, as many of their outlying regions are ruled by revolts, pirates, or warlords.

The rest of East Asia is split mostly between the Korean Empire - which expanded into Manchurian territory after the Manchurian's struggles with China and the Mongols - and the Japanese. While nominally all part of a Japanese empire, the islands of Japan are split between the Tokugawa Shogunate and the powerful Date and Shimazu clans.

Africa

- The Songhai Empire controls a large portion of West Africa, and the Knights of St. John in Mogadishu exist ostensibly to defend trade in East Africa and India. Not much else of Africa has been changed.

North America

The West Coast is sparsely settled by Russian traders (mostly dealing in the fur trade). Due to a later and weaker start to European colonization of the Americas, there have been only very limited European explorations into this area. The Russian territories are divided culturally between Alyaska - which has a mestizo culture - and the southern Slavorussia, which has a more ethnically Russian background (at least in terms of its leadership and influential people). While Alyaska has more land, Slavorussia is more prosperous and is the center of Russian North America.

The Northeast is split between Danish colonies, the revolting English nation of Canata, and the Iroquois nation (which was protected by the United Kingdoms and is opposed to the expansionary colonial government of Canata). More French cultured settlers in Canata may revolt on their own and form Quebec.

The rest of OTL USA is controlled by several European nations (with revolutionary movements brewing, but avoidable), the nation of Zion - formed by a new religious movement among the Burgundian(?) settlements, and the Cherokee.

Mesoamerica
    The Order of New Jerusalem are a crusading order based in Yucatan. Unlike other such orders around the world, New Jerusalem has taken sizable colonial conquests and many say the order is acting much like a secular kingdom with its quarrelsome behaviors with neighboring nations.

The Republiek was formed by colonists revolting from the Dutch (who still maintain some control in the region) south of New Jerusalem.

North of New Jerusalem is split between several native nations.

South America
    - The Muslim influenced Incan Empire is the most powerful force in South America, with the rest controlled by colonies and a few smaller native states.
    Last edited by Gloa; 19-05-2012 at 22:38.
    Interactive AARs:

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Wouldn't the Holy Roman Empire still exist (if it had ever existed), being as there has no French revolutionary history?
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast