• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

joerd9

Captain
74 Badges
Mar 29, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Hi all,
I'm currently playing as UK and having a blast so far. Subs are a definite threat, while I manage to contain it, I sometimes lose precious ships to a lucky hit of theirs (well done!), the air war is taking it's toll on my IC but I'm holding. Right now its fall 1941, and I think I came across a problem:
Egypt is allied to the UK and not a puppet of theirs. As a result, british troops advancing into Libya will conquer the territory for Egypt. I don't care for the territory, but it leads to a supply collapse as Libya is too much for Eypts TC with its meagre 7 IC or so. They are unable to put IC into province repair, thus the infra stays at or below 10% resulting in no supply for my troops.
I think Egypt should be a puppet, so that acquired territory becomes british.

Just for my current game: is it possible to edit Egypts puppet status in the savegame? If so, how?
Thanks

Edit/Update: The US joined the war early (spring 1941) on their own initiative. They successfully invaded Italy, skipping Torch completely which led to the Surrender of Italy events firing. These grant independence to Albania, Greece, Ethiopia, all of them part of the Allies (all except Ethiopia soon to be invaded by the still very kicking Germans). The RSI (Mussolinis northern Republic) is completely neutral (???).
This event chain seems slightly unfinished to me...

Last edited:
Actually there are several event chains regarding Egypt. Usually they stay neutral at the start of WW II, which in return grants you as UK the coastal provinces of Egypt including Alexandria. If you want to avoid expanding Egyptian territory you have to invade at some distant coast where you´ll have your own supply base and where you can repair infra to your liking. Right now there isn´t much to do (except editing the save game) to improve the suppy infra situation.

RSI will become Axis member eventually.

On a similar note I am playing a game as the UK where war started in summer 1936 over Italian intervention in the Spanish civil war. However, the event to get the Egyptian coast provinces didn't fire until 1938. Is there a reason that it was given this date?

It has been quite a strange game all round. I chose an option to guarantee Republican Spain, then Italy attacked them and I attacked Italy. Not long after Germany declared. I'd moved all my navy to Britain so I could sort it out (that'll teach me) so I had to race it to the Med. The war started so early that I couldn't do ASW missions for about three months. I quickly mopped up Ethiopia and then had to amphibiously land in Libya due to the Egypt problem.

Meanwhile in Europe, France and I faced with Germany off until spring 1937 when Germany got bored, invaded the low countries but stalled in Belgium and got streched out enough for me to break through by the maginot line in the summer. I had captured Bavaria by spring 1938 when the Austria events fired and they joined the Axis. About this time Greece and Portugal joined the Axis and the USSR declared war on Germany.

By summer 1938 I had caught most of the German army in the Saar and walked into Berlin. For some reason Romania chose this time to join the Axis. Meanwhile the USSR finally realised it couldn't get to Germany and Poland, bringing Poland to the Axis. Its now Autumn 1938 and France has just annexed Germany, leaving us at war with Italy, Portugal, Greece, Austria and Poland.

It's quite fun having an alternate history game for a chnge and it makes quite a difference operating with early game stuff. When the war started my navy only had two carriers and couldn't perform ASW missions, my airforce had about two 1920s interceptors and two 1920s tacs and army was mainly 1930 inf with one tank brigade.