+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beta AAR : Zulu - the legacy of Shaka

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    The pictures from the 80s onwards are still broken.
    I didn't say they were fixed yet. But they are now.
    Relentless madman.

Don`t want to sound like an ***** but, have to.

considering Vicky doesn`t have small sized ships, and the oil budget that was shown that is pretty much ironclads/Cruisers/Dreadnoughts.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Nice AAR and nice seeing the world changes, like the Republic of Brittania, the huge Austria, that flag for Prussia that seems to me to be commi the emmigration of the Zulu people around the world, hahaha, nice AAR.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

Looks yummy ! Can't wait till Tuesday !

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I snigger at little Kraków stuck in the middle of Austria. I think Austria should be given a core there or something to encourage them to actully annex that city as in OTL.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Quote Originally Posted by 1alexey View Post
    Don`t want to sound like an ***** but, have to.
    considering Vicky doesn`t have small sized ships, and the oil budget that was shown that is pretty much ironclads/Cruisers/Dreadnoughts.
    After 100y of alternative history other nation could rule the sea. British and French Navy are a little bit smaller after the wars. The sizes are already smaller than in 1.3 or 1.4., and probably will be with the latest AHD version smaller. Oil is also used for the tanks and aircrafts in the modern army of Zulu and don't forget, that the cost for the navy is very high. But could you resist to build big fleets just with few clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jafloresl View Post
    Nice AAR and nice seeing the world changes, like the Republic of Brittania, the huge Austria, that flag for Prussia that seems to me to be commi the emmigration of the Zulu people around the world, hahaha, nice AAR.
    yea, in 100y many things can happen and Prussia had in this game a hard time after the first big war.
    I really like state capitalism in vic2. A Party without can't stay in power.

My first AAR - The 3 nations of the world
    OMG, Chuck Norris @ wow spot and when MacGyver should ever make a commercial for wow I would play it again

Quote Originally Posted by AlknicTeos View Post
    After 100y of alternative history other nation could rule the sea. British and French Navy are a little bit smaller after the wars. The sizes are already smaller than in 1.3 or 1.4., and probably will be with the latest AHD version smaller. Oil is also used for the tanks and aircrafts in the modern army of Zulu and don't forget, that the cost for the navy is very high. But could you resist to build big fleets just with few clicks
    Well the 900, 360, 270, 90 is way too much, compared to what was there IRL, something Vicky 2 doesn not have, IRL 1936 navies(ENG, US, JAP) were about 50 ships each(BB, BC, CA, CL), and that is woulds largest naval powers. Okay i can belive the that one can go much larger fleet than ITL but about 15 times? And for pretty much all naval powers having about 5 times the ships they had IRL while still in almost same borders?
    Come on,..

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Well the 900, 360, 270, 90 is way too much, compared to what was there IRL, something Vicky 2 doesn not have, IRL 1936 navies(ENG, US, JAP) were about 50 ships each(BB, BC, CA, CL), and that is woulds largest naval powers. Okay i can belive the that one can go much larger fleet than ITL but about 15 times? And for pretty much all naval powers having about 5 times the ships they had IRL while still in almost same borders?
    Come on,..
    ...alternate history
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Come on,..
    Don't forget the transporters and since 7/1 there were some changes, that made it harder to build that big navies.With 1.3/1.4 the fleet sizes were bigger and cheaper. And don't forget, a player can overperform quite easily and I believe now it's pretty impossible to be with Zulu that successful and in this beta game, imho only france and bigger austria had a too big navy.

and yes an alternate history without a ww1 and big peace deal, nor crisis of 1929 ... and Zulu #1 ^^

OMG, Chuck Norris @ wow spot and when MacGyver should ever make a commercial for wow I would play it again

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Don't forget the transporters and since 7/1 there were some changes, that made it harder to build that big navies.With 1.3/1.4 the fleet sizes were bigger and cheaper. And don't forget, a player can overperform quite easily and I believe now it's pretty impossible to be with Zulu that successful and in this beta game, imho only france and bigger austria had a too big navy.

and yes an alternate history without a ww1 and big peace deal, nor crisis of 1929 ... and Zulu #1 ^^
    So you are saying that the navies were reduced in size substantially since you played this game? How big are the navies now, if you are allowed to say?

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    So you are saying that the navies were reduced in size substantially since you played this game? How big are the navies now, if you are allowed to say?
    It's hard to say exact numbers, but you will think twice now, before you are going to build a huge fleet. In a game, about 1-2 weeks ago, I had only about 45-90 capital ships with UK all the time, an UK with except brazil, a full conquered america , and had to cut spendings. Don't know, but ship costs was never an issue with an bigger UK in 1.3./1.4. And numbers will change with version and how you play the game.

Wait did Ethiopia lose some land? Hopefully they have some event to get it before Europe takes it over.

Quote Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
    Wait did Ethiopia lose some land? Hopefully they have some event to get it before Europe takes it over.
    ?
    I annexed them about 1850, and haven't seen ai europe conquering ethiopia in other games
    Last edited by AlknicTeos; 21-01-2012 at 16:10.

It's hard to say exact numbers, but you will think twice now, before you are going to build a huge fleet. In a game, about 1-2 weeks ago, I had only about 45-90 capital ships with UK all the time, an UK with except brazil, a full conquered america , and had to cut spendings. Don't know, but ship costs was never an issue with an bigger UK in 1.3./1.4. And numbers will change with version and how you play the game.
    As long as the leader-country can support under about 100-120 capitals, it is believable. More in very, very doubtful.

Still no Ashanti Empire? Not good enough Paradox.
    HOI3 is officially obsolete. Get Darkest Hour.

I'm a bit concerned that still even the weakest of starting nations can grow to be the foremost world power. I have no doubt you played exceptionally to do it, Alknic, but it defeats the point of having such a disparity in power if any player-ran country will end up with similar positions and goals.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zwebbie View Post
    I'm a bit concerned that still even the weakest of starting nations can grow to be the foremost world power. I have no doubt you played exceptionally to do it, Alknic, but it defeats the point of having such a disparity in power if any player-ran country will end up with similar positions and goals.
    its harder now after tweaks so I'm not sure if its still possible, but i prefer as much as possible being open to the player. we'll see if anyone else can pull it off after release also, there is always Sokoto to lead to greatness
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Sokoto is easier , but yea, don't think that this will be possible this way now

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

crazy bastard

That was a good read, nicely done.

as a side note though, I think I'm gonna have to wait til AHD is PDM compatible I need restriction!

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

A very well written AAR, also no doubt AHD has some interesting additions, but are we really supposed to think Vic2 is a valid game about the period it covers, when the Zulus can be lead to be the world's leaders during it?
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast