• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don`t want to sound like an ***** but, have to.
re2nm.jpg

considering Vicky doesn`t have small sized ships, and the oil budget that was shown that is pretty much ironclads/Cruisers/Dreadnoughts.

Nice AAR and nice seeing the world changes, like the Republic of Brittania, the huge Austria, that flag for Prussia that seems to me to be commi the emmigration of the Zulu people around the world, hahaha, nice AAR.

I snigger at little Kraków stuck in the middle of Austria. I think Austria should be given a core there or something to encourage them to actully annex that city as in OTL.

Don`t want to sound like an ***** but, have to.
considering Vicky doesn`t have small sized ships, and the oil budget that was shown that is pretty much ironclads/Cruisers/Dreadnoughts.

After 100y of alternative history other nation could rule the sea. British and French Navy are a little bit smaller after the wars. The sizes are already smaller than in 1.3 or 1.4., and probably will be with the latest AHD version smaller. Oil is also used for the tanks and aircrafts in the modern army of Zulu and don't forget, that the cost for the navy is very high. But could you resist to build big fleets just with few clicks ;)

Nice AAR and nice seeing the world changes, like the Republic of Brittania, the huge Austria, that flag for Prussia that seems to me to be commi the emmigration of the Zulu people around the world, hahaha, nice AAR.
yea, in 100y many things can happen and Prussia had in this game a hard time after the first big war.

After 100y of alternative history other nation could rule the sea. British and French Navy are a little bit smaller after the wars. The sizes are already smaller than in 1.3 or 1.4., and probably will be with the latest AHD version smaller. Oil is also used for the tanks and aircrafts in the modern army of Zulu and don't forget, that the cost for the navy is very high. But could you resist to build big fleets just with few clicks ;)
Well the 900, 360, 270, 90 is way too much, compared to what was there IRL, something Vicky 2 doesn not have, IRL 1936 navies(ENG, US, JAP) were about 50 ships each(BB, BC, CA, CL), and that is woulds largest naval powers. Okay i can belive the that one can go much larger fleet than ITL but about 15 times? And for pretty much all naval powers having about 5 times the ships they had IRL while still in almost same borders?
Come on,..

Well the 900, 360, 270, 90 is way too much, compared to what was there IRL, something Vicky 2 doesn not have, IRL 1936 navies(ENG, US, JAP) were about 50 ships each(BB, BC, CA, CL), and that is woulds largest naval powers. Okay i can belive the that one can go much larger fleet than ITL but about 15 times? And for pretty much all naval powers having about 5 times the ships they had IRL while still in almost same borders?
Come on,..

...alternate history

Come on,..
Don't forget the transporters and since 7/1 there were some changes, that made it harder to build that big navies.With 1.3/1.4 the fleet sizes were bigger and cheaper. And don't forget, a player can overperform quite easily and I believe now it's pretty impossible to be with Zulu that successful and in this beta game, imho only france and bigger austria had a too big navy.

and yes an alternate history without a ww1 and big peace deal, nor crisis of 1929 ... and Zulu #1 ^^

Don't forget the transporters and since 7/1 there were some changes, that made it harder to build that big navies.With 1.3/1.4 the fleet sizes were bigger and cheaper. And don't forget, a player can overperform quite easily and I believe now it's pretty impossible to be with Zulu that successful and in this beta game, imho only france and bigger austria had a too big navy.

and yes an alternate history without a ww1 and big peace deal, nor crisis of 1929 ... and Zulu #1 ^^

So you are saying that the navies were reduced in size substantially since you played this game? How big are the navies now, if you are allowed to say?

So you are saying that the navies were reduced in size substantially since you played this game? How big are the navies now, if you are allowed to say?
It's hard to say exact numbers, but you will think twice now, before you are going to build a huge fleet. In a game, about 1-2 weeks ago, I had only about 45-90 capital ships with UK all the time, an UK with except brazil, a full conquered america :), and had to cut spendings. Don't know, but ship costs was never an issue with an bigger UK in 1.3./1.4. And numbers will change with version and how you play the game.

Wait did Ethiopia lose some land? Hopefully they have some event to get it before Europe takes it over.
?
I annexed them about 1850, and haven't seen ai europe conquering ethiopia in other games

Last edited:
It's hard to say exact numbers, but you will think twice now, before you are going to build a huge fleet. In a game, about 1-2 weeks ago, I had only about 45-90 capital ships with UK all the time, an UK with except brazil, a full conquered america :), and had to cut spendings. Don't know, but ship costs was never an issue with an bigger UK in 1.3./1.4. And numbers will change with version and how you play the game.
As long as the leader-country can support under about 100-120 capitals, it is believable. More in very, very doubtful.

I'm a bit concerned that still even the weakest of starting nations can grow to be the foremost world power. I have no doubt you played exceptionally to do it, Alknic, but it defeats the point of having such a disparity in power if any player-ran country will end up with similar positions and goals.

I'm a bit concerned that still even the weakest of starting nations can grow to be the foremost world power. I have no doubt you played exceptionally to do it, Alknic, but it defeats the point of having such a disparity in power if any player-ran country will end up with similar positions and goals.

its harder now after tweaks so I'm not sure if its still possible, but i prefer as much as possible being open to the player. we'll see if anyone else can pull it off after release :) also, there is always Sokoto to lead to greatness :)

Sokoto is easier :), but yea, don't think that this will be possible this way now

crazy bastard :laugh:

That was a good read, nicely done.

as a side note though, I think I'm gonna have to wait til AHD is PDM compatible :( I need restriction!

A very well written AAR, also no doubt AHD has some interesting additions, but are we really supposed to think Vic2 is a valid game about the period it covers, when the Zulus can be lead to be the world's leaders during it?