• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was greatly disappointed that the WEGO AGEOD engine wasn't going to be used but I am starting to warm to the idea of Clauswitz for this game. This is a sure purchase for me like most games with the names of Napoleon or Frederick slapped on them. Looking forward to it.

Hmmm. Follow up: Frederick's Campaigns (dealing with the Seven Years War) perhaps?

Hmmm. Follow up: Frederick's Campaigns (dealing with the Seven Years War) perhaps?

Follow up should be American Civil War 2 in 2013, on a greatly improved AGE version (I mean, WEGO TBS), which the success of NCP should have made affordable.

And after that, a WWI Clausewitz game by the AGEOD team would also be an awesome option for a release in August 2014 :)

Here is my idea. Hoi3 style map and UI. Have the Units on the map be either Counters (stacked) or Sprites. Move them around. When they meet for battle, load a map and have a Age of Rifles style combat, where you move your units represented by Static Lines of Men, move them, watch them fire a volley, die, and retreat or rout. There, problem solved. Its not that hard. In fact, they had it years ago in the 90's when i played AOR. They just didn't have a Grand campaign mode to it

That would be sweet.

So, as I understand, this will not be a turn based game like Pride of Nations or Rise of Prussia, but rather a real time game, like EU and HoI?

Correct. Just like the other Paradox titles.

looks intriguing.. I always hated the AGEOD engine & interface, but loved the historical accuracy and detail of their games. Putting that detail with the Clausewitz engine should be great. :)

My oh my. Finally.
And especially for nappy.

Now, will we have multiple nations fighting it out, much like in hoi... where some can pick and choose for whom theyll fight. Or if to get involved at all. (like sweden, just researching and building nukes and a vast industry of about the size of the us.. :D )
Then i can finally try out my lil theory of isolationism during war and peace.

Or to see how splendidly, splendid isolation, would have worked out.

Or perhaps take prussia on the offensive as a french ally... eastwards.. (right after conquering austria, lol)

Here is my idea. Hoi3 style map and UI. Have the Units on the map be either Counters (stacked) or Sprites. Move them around. When they meet for battle, load a map and have a Age of Rifles style combat, where you move your units represented by Static Lines of Men, move them, watch them fire a volley, die, and retreat or rout. There, problem solved. Its not that hard. In fact, they had it years ago in the 90's when i played AOR. They just didn't have a Grand campaign mode to it

What you describe here is Napoleon Total War exactly. Try it.

http://www.totalwar.com/napoleon/?t=EnglishUK

On topic, I would be very interested in this game, can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.