Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game Information

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the info Johan, this looks to be going in a great and positive direction!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Puff, very positive... (ironic mode off)

Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    To answer your first question: no, I have yet to play any Age-based games.

But, nevertheless: wow. That is quite a comprehensive system - I had no idea.

My apologies. I can now see why users are somewhat hesitant of using Clausewitz over the previous engine.
    Thank you for that. I think there is a bit too much negativity by the ageod fans (a group in which I most wholeheartedly include myself) about paradox titles, and vice versa a lack of understanding an appreciation by the broader paradox community of the ageod engine and its unique appeal.

As others here have said, I was initially a tad disappointed to hear of the Clausewitz engine being used, but remain hopeful and confident that if done right it can actually provide a very good match.

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Simplified sounds a bit wrong, but in HoI3 the supply network is a fair bit more complex than a few supply chains propagating resources.

Just cause the system in HoI3 handles it for you does not mean that the model is not complex.
    I see what you're saying from a technical perspective here, Johan, but to a player (and I have played both a lot) the ageod supply model certainly gives the illusion of more depth, because you, as the player, have more options and can interfere in a number of ways, whereas hoi3 was very hands off (as you said, it's all handled by the system).

Moreover, the system was prone to doing a few silly things under certain conditions which left the player feeling a bit helpless.

I'm not trying to say which was better here (and from your correction, I appreciate that you were not either), comparing the two is apples and oranges. But the ageod supply system certainly works marvellously in it's native engine.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I take here some informations from RedRalphWiggum (he was the fan chosen to be following the Paradox Convention, and he had the opportunity of having some words with the Philippes and a closer glance to Napoleon's Campaigns 2)

Next up was Napoleon's Campaigns II. This presentation blew me away. Using the Clausewitz engine, the guys from Paradox France are developing a war game simulating the Napoleonic era, with fighting mainly taking place in Europe, but also in India, North America and various other locations around the globe. Visually, the richly-detailed sprites look incredible, the combat system is first rate and the map is perfect for this era. The two Phillipes who presented it are incredibly passionate about their work (this is apparent from the second they start talking) and I'm convinced NC2 will be a huge hit, even amongst people who haven't played a Paradox France game before. I never have, but I'll definitely be buying this game.
    Asked about those other scenarios (India, America...)

From what I could gather, travel between the various continents is abstracted, but they are definitely theaters of conflict within the game. I was very impressed that this is represented because it would have been pretty easy for the guys to omit this aspect totally. I don't know if I would call it HoI in the Napoleonic era, it really seems like its own game, though obviously there are elements of other Clausewitz games within it. For example, the combat system has much in common with the CK2 combat mechanics, though it has more emphasis on the interplay of generals and levels of commands etc. There are specific victory goals in the game, along with many, many other mechanics which would be best described by Phillipe. But I can say for sure that it looks brilliant.
    Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...PICON-2012-AAR

Of course, I'm already looking for CKII's developer diaries related to combat
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Yeah, this one really grabbed my attention. Huge scope and brilliant gameplay concepts from the looks of it.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

Glad to see that, overall, the ideas for this new game are welcome
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PhilThib View Post
    Glad to see that, overall, the ideas for this new game are welcome
    What are all theaters can you fight in? Will the assistance the French gave to the Persians and the conflict with the Russians in the Caucasuses be shown?

Yes they will, those areas are in the game...
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I think this may be a great game. Less micro than in AGEOD games, more historical than Paradox games.

83 games registered

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Blog Entries
    Has paradox or paradox France been surprised by the massive interest in this game so far?

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    Has paradox or paradox France been surprised by the massive interest in this game so far?
    Or did they expect it?

We did...why do you think we chose that subject for our next game
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    We did...why do you think we chose that subject for our next game
    Hmmm paradox France, a Napoleonic game, no brainer to me.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Napoleonic era is perhaps one of the most popular areas of military history, perhaps second to WW2. I know I have spent my life studying it, and my bookshelf can attest to the many dollars used to inform me of it. So I am glad that a game company that I admire will be making a game that should meet my expectations.

I do have one question about the sprites, obviously in the screenshots and the release video the French army have the correct uniforms for 1805, will the French army change uniforms in a later date, so in 1812 they will have shakos? Also, if a unit is cavalry will the sprite be cavalry? or will it be the same sprite for all?

The uniforms will change over time...we already have them made.

As for the sprites, we shall see about it in details and case by case, but we already made sprites different for different periods of time...and we may have other offerings later on
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Yes, I really love what I've seen so far and I am looking forward to conquer Europe with my French army

Indeed the sprites seem to be very detailed. When can we see more of them?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yes they will, those areas are in the game...
    Saucy.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks for answering my questions Phil, this game will put the icing on the cake for 2012, first CK2 and then NC2..perfect gaming year

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post

Looking at these s/shots: is the Clauswitz engine running EU? Looks like another EU type of game. Perhaps the Ageod engine will do a better job I wonder?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Looking at these s/shots: is the Clauswitz engine running EU? Looks like another EU type of game. Perhaps the Ageod engine will do a better job I wonder?
    Yes, Clausewitz is the engine which Paradox developed internally and has run all Paradox games for quite some time (perhaps since EUIII, but I can be wrong). And this game shall also run on Clausewitz in place of the AGEOD engine as Paradox Interactive and P'dox France feel it will better suit the game.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast