• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
The game is designed and developed by Paradox France, which is Philippe Thibault, Philippe Malacher and Fernando Turi together with support on engine coding, graphics & interface from the core staff at Paradox Development Studio.

The game is the sequel to Napoleons Campaigns which was released a few years ago.

The game will have a full grand campaign with diplomacy & economy as well as other not-yet-announced features.

The game is running on the Clausewitz engine, and staying true to the AGEOD ideal of historical accuracy and gameplay, while using a modern engine and interface.

The game will be multi-core from day #1 and be released both on PC and Mac.

You may know two of the AGEOD guys more for the internet nicknames of Pocus and Generalissimo. The engine programmer from PDS here in Sweden is Birken, who was engine programmer for Sengoku (rock-solid engine, multicore running and super-fast performance in full 3d).

An Ageod game on the Clausewitz engine? that's going to be interesting to see
Are they abandonning their former engine or is it just a "test"?

Hope it does well and Pdox france will start hiring ;)

Interested, really quite interested.

Plus I love Napoleon so this could be real win!

An Ageod game on the Clausewitz engine? that's going to be interesting to see
Are they abandonning their former engine or is it just a "test"?

Hope it does well and Pdox france will start hiring ;)

In the AGEOD forum it is said that "There will be an AGE/Athena game engine game released in 2012 too, more later be assured." and "... and it will be on a theme not yet treated that you shall like " so I'm very excited what it will be :D

Really awesome experiment. Although I like AGEOD's (well, Paradox France :D) games, I've never really liked the engine. Using Clausewitz, though... I'm really interested in this game, it seems like a Napoleonic HoI.

. I'm really interested in this game, it seems like a Napoleonic HoI.

Thats one of the things we want with this game.

Clausewitz engine will that mean realtime (with pausing) or a modification that stays true to the WEGO format? I love the WEGO format, would hate to loose it.
Sounds like a great game - have bought all of AGEOD/Paradox Frances games and hope to continue to.

The game is designed and developed by Paradox France, which is Philippe Thibault, Philippe Malacher and Fernando Turi together with support on engine coding, graphics & interface from the core staff at Paradox Development Studio.

The game is the sequel to Napoleons Campaigns which was released a few years ago.

The game will have a full grand campaign with diplomacy & economy as well as other not-yet-announced features.

The game is running on the Clausewitz engine, and staying true to the AGEOD ideal of historical accuracy and gameplay, while using a modern engine and interface.

The game will be multi-core from day #1 and be released both on PC and Mac.

You may know two of the AGEOD guys more for the internet nicknames of Pocus and Generalissimo. The engine programmer from PDS here in Sweden is Birken, who was engine programmer for Sengoku (rock-solid engine, multicore running and super-fast performance in full 3d).

Screenshots or it didn't happen

Screenshots or it didn't happen

napoleon2_screenshot_2012_01_13_01.png

napoleon2_screenshot_2012_01_13_02.png

napoleon2_screenshot_2012_01_13_03.png

napoleon2_screenshot_2012_01_13_04.png

napoleon2_screenshot_2012_01_13_05.png

Let's wait for the dev diaries and have some tea...

I personally like Clausewitz, and I doubt that the game will look or play like HoI, there's simply too much French pride for simply copying it. ;)

This not a Napoleon's Campaigns II, this is a RTS game in a ugly map... very ugly...

I agree

This isn't Napoleon's Campaigns II its Napoleon's Ambition II

However I'm looking forward to the next AGE engine game, hopefully there will be one in the not too distant future from Paradox France

Status
Not open for further replies.