Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Information

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Game Information

The game is designed and developed by Paradox France, which is Philippe Thibault, Philippe Malacher and Fernando Turi together with support on engine coding, graphics & interface from the core staff at Paradox Development Studio.

The game is the sequel to Napoleons Campaigns which was released a few years ago.

The game will have a full grand campaign with diplomacy & economy as well as other not-yet-announced features.

The game is running on the Clausewitz engine, and staying true to the AGEOD ideal of historical accuracy and gameplay, while using a modern engine and interface.

The game will be multi-core from day #1 and be released both on PC and Mac.

You may know two of the AGEOD guys more for the internet nicknames of Pocus and Generalissimo. The engine programmer from PDS here in Sweden is Birken, who was engine programmer for Sengoku (rock-solid engine, multicore running and super-fast performance in full 3d).

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Thanks for the infos, hope we will get more Infos soon. There are many many questions from (more or less) experienced AGEOD-gamers.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

An Ageod game on the Clausewitz engine? that's going to be interesting to see
    Are they abandonning their former engine or is it just a "test"?

Hope it does well and Pdox france will start hiring
    "Obscuratus est sol. Obscuratur est aer. Salva me ab ore dragonis"

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Interested, really quite interested.

Plus I love Napoleon so this could be real win!
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Quote Originally Posted by SA_Avenger View Post
    An Ageod game on the Clausewitz engine? that's going to be interesting to see
    Are they abandonning their former engine or is it just a "test"?

Hope it does well and Pdox france will start hiring
    In the AGEOD forum it is said that "There will be an AGE/Athena game engine game released in 2012 too, more later be assured." and "... and it will be on a theme not yet treated that you shall like " so I'm very excited what it will be

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderAncient SpaceParadoxian Order - 2015

I'm really, really looking forward to this.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Hmm, keeping an eye on this.
    Interesting experiment with Clausewitz.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    Really awesome experiment. Although I like AGEOD's (well, Paradox France ) games, I've never really liked the engine. Using Clausewitz, though... I'm really interested in this game, it seems like a Napoleonic HoI.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I am very, very interested in this particular title.

Cannot wait for further developments.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post
    . I'm really interested in this game, it seems like a Napoleonic HoI.
    Thats one of the things we want with this game.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Clausewitz engine will that mean realtime (with pausing) or a modification that stays true to the WEGO format? I love the WEGO format, would hate to loose it.
    Sounds like a great game - have bought all of AGEOD/Paradox Frances games and hope to continue to.

Rōnin and Caput lupinum Anguille's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteLost Empire - ImmortalsRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Any chances to see counters therefore?
    A Knights of Honor story:

The Merchant of Alexandria: a Fatimids AAR

Le Schtroumpf qui schtroumpfe le schtroumpf est un gros Schtroumpf….c’est le Schtroumpf qui l’a schtroumpfé. Et si le Schtroumpf ne le schtroumpfe pas, c'est son propre schtroumpf. C'est quand même incroyable que l'on ne peut pas schtroumpfer ce que l'on veut schtroumpfer dans le schtroumpf sans être schtoumpfé de Schtroumpf.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Seems like a truly interesting experiement. Looking VERY much forward to see the results and potential of this combination !

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The game is designed and developed by Paradox France, which is Philippe Thibault, Philippe Malacher and Fernando Turi together with support on engine coding, graphics & interface from the core staff at Paradox Development Studio.

The game is the sequel to Napoleons Campaigns which was released a few years ago.

The game will have a full grand campaign with diplomacy & economy as well as other not-yet-announced features.

The game is running on the Clausewitz engine, and staying true to the AGEOD ideal of historical accuracy and gameplay, while using a modern engine and interface.

The game will be multi-core from day #1 and be released both on PC and Mac.

You may know two of the AGEOD guys more for the internet nicknames of Pocus and Generalissimo. The engine programmer from PDS here in Sweden is Birken, who was engine programmer for Sengoku (rock-solid engine, multicore running and super-fast performance in full 3d).
    Screenshots or it didn't happen
    "A few franchises let you refight Henry V's most famous victories, but only one lets you murder his mum and inseminate his sisters."

- PC Gamer UK on Crusader Kings II

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezzin View Post
    Screenshots or it didn't happen

I cannot wait to get this!

This not a Napoleon's Campaigns II, this is a RTS game in a ugly map... very ugly...

Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post
    I'm really interested in this game, it seems like a Napoleonic HoI.
    That's precisely one of the things I do NOT want with this game...

Let's wait for the dev diaries and have some tea...

I personally like Clausewitz, and I doubt that the game will look or play like HoI, there's simply too much French pride for simply copying it.

Quote Originally Posted by nadia911 View Post
    This not a Napoleon's Campaigns II, this is a RTS game in a ugly map... very ugly...
    I agree

This isn't Napoleon's Campaigns II its Napoleon's Ambition II

However I'm looking forward to the next AGE engine game, hopefully there will be one in the not too distant future from Paradox France
    "In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill."

- Winston Churchill

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast