+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best WC country?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Best WC country?

What's your favorite WC country?

Quote Originally Posted by heliostellar View Post
    What's your favorite WC country?
    I would say England.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis

I only partly attempted a World Conquest once, and that was with Bavaria.

It got incredibly hard with skyrocketing infamy and prestige hits every month, so I was felt it was quite necessary to end the game in 1814. Just as I turned my country into a revolutionary empire.

A lot of people seem to like England > France > HRE. England has a mission that gives a lot of French cores, and both of those nations have some good decisions. And the HRE is obviously very powerful when united.

Being Catholic really helps, because of the infamy reduction of cardinals. And the ability to PU the other major colonizing powers (particularly Castille and Portugal) is useful.

Second Lieutenant gunfirinmaniac's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Timurids

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Haven't tried WC, but I'd say Castille or Aragon would be good for the Italian Ambition mission.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

England -> France. But on the other hand I've got a fairly large chunk of Asia as the Mongol Khanate in 1430, so any of the hordes should be able to WC with ease really.

Never tried a WC but I would go for England as well. has anyone tried a WC with Norway or Japan? That would be a challange, well not as far as to be Ruyuku (something similar)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As the empire of Japan and not on daymo , it would be impossible , as someone found out , even after getting all of Japan via revolts , he still couldn't make treaties with other nations
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Hmm, well thats a shame, well never mind then :P

You're not meant to play as the emperor. You're supposed to pick a daimyo. That would be an interesting WC.

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    As the empire of Japan and not on daymo , it would be impossible , as someone found out , even after getting all of Japan via revolts , he still couldn't make treaties with other nations
    That's not true; I united Japan as the Emperor a while back (and posted it on here to brag), and the diplomacy restrictions were all removed. So it'd probably be possible to do a WC, though not all that fun since uniting Japan this way doesn't give you auto-cores and you have to spend lots of time bashing rebels.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My mistake then ... you might as well do it as Ryukyu!
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yes, I've tried the ENG - > FRA - > HRE route a number of times but it's kind of boring. I've read some people saying the the OE is another good option...

Quote Originally Posted by heliostellar View Post
    Yes, I've tried the ENG - > FRA - > HRE route a number of times but it's kind of boring. I've read some people saying the the OE is another good option...
    It could work, but it would be a lot harder. Mainly because there wouldn't be cardinals or the HRE, and you couldn't PU or destroy the colonizers early.

I'm currently trying with Hindustan. I don't think I'll be able to do a WC but I'm gonna try!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

My favorite European power for WC is England->France->HRE. The missions available give quite a few cores, the decisions available are great, good position to colonize, and good position to PU Castille and Portugal. Then, vassalize electors to become the Emperor. Next time I do this, I plan on using the turboformation strategy developed by Pewt to unite the HRE in about a decade. If you push it, you can have the HRE formed with the Iberian kingdoms PU'd by 1430 (perhaps earlier), placing basically all of Western Europe under your control. Incidentally, this makes it really easy to stop the Reformation, have permanent control of the Curia (thus gaining the maximum possible infamy reduction), and able to have the Crusade modifier against pretty much everyone you'll fight.

My favorite non-European power for WC is Timurids->Mughals. Winning the starting wars and flipping all their territory gives control of Egypt and the central Balkans in the west all the way to the Ganges basin in the east, and it's easy to conquer Kazakh, Nogai, and Chagatai while waiting for the conquered territories to flip. As long as Timur lives until you hit Gov 4, you can form the Mughals without going through a tribal crisis that could strip your entire empire, and control everything from the Hungary and Morocco to Bengal and from the Kazakh steppes to Malabar and Swahili by 1425. And all of that without ever having gained any infamy. Plus, with basically every Islamic nation conquered while still a Horde, you can use the Holy War CB to minimize infamy gain when conquering the rest of Asia and Europe.

A close second non-European power is the Golden Horde, which can follow a very similar strategy as the Timurids. It'll take slightly longer to reach Morocco and SE Asia, but you have easier expansion opportunities in Europe. Plus, you can conquer the Timurid lands while they're in Succession crisis, thus having more total cores when you form the Mughals. More total cores means you'll go longer without being overextended. Th major benefit of the Golden Horde over the Timurids is the starting cores on the Black Sea, meaning you can build ships that can reach England, Portugal, Castille, Norway (or whoever controls Iceland), and Britanny as soon as you become the Mughals, and thus conquer them before they can begin colonizing. Unless you get lucky with a core granting event, the Timurids can't do this until some of the early conquests (such as Trebizond or Georgia's coast) core in the 1450s, and this makes it difficult for them to conquer the early colonizers before they spread.

btw, I've done WCs with the Timurids->Mughals, Golden Horde -> Mughals, Golden Horde->Russia, Muscovy->Russia, Brandenburg->Prussia->Germany->HRE, England->UK->HRE, England->France->HRE, Burgundy->Netherlands->Prussia->Germany->HRE, Vijyangar->Hindustan, and Castille->Spain. Most of those were during the past year, when I was hospitalized and playing EU3 nearly 12 hours per day for 8 months, because there was no internet access and nothing to do but play computer games and read.

For slower, revenue maximizing WCs, I'll still use England->France->HRE, but I'll stay in the HRE vassalization stage for a long while to allow myself huge amounts of magistrates, while the HRE nations will build themselves up.
    Last edited by slepire; 21-01-2012 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It could work, but it would be a lot harder. Mainly because there wouldn't be cardinals or the HRE, and you couldn't PU or destroy the colonizers early.
    Dealing with colonizers is not a problem for OE - you just conquer them for 1 bb per province :-)

Quote Originally Posted by alexti View Post
    Dealing with colonizers is not a problem for OE - you just conquer them for 1 bb per province :-)
    But they can't do it easily in the beginning (especially with the hordes) and it's so much easier to just PU them. And there's still the cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    But they can't do it easily in the beginning (especially with the hordes) and it's so much easier to just PU them.
    What do you mean by "easily"? It is certainly easier than PU - for PU you need to wait until it's possible. With Ottomans you just declare Holy War on colonizers, so by 1430 you can easily eliminate colonizers simply by taking all their ports, annexing them completely or just by ruining them. Hordes should have no effect on that - I don't think there's much point in trying to absorb hordes that early.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast