• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have seen this questions a few times and and the answer seems to be that you play the same character.

Interesting. What dev said that?:) Do you have a link?

How does that even work?

I don't know. I do know it is possible to start as the same country in some other games, such as Eu3. And if I remember correctly either secret master or darrigan said that you can start as the same character in crusader kings 2. So if one player inherits the other they should play the same person.

I assume similar to the same way you can do that with all the other Paradox games when 2 people choose same nation from beginning. I feel like some people on here have never played multiplayer from a paradox game.

I have played EU3 MP on quite a few occasions, and I know more than one person can pick the same nation, but I've never done it myself, how does it work? Does it even work at all?

I have played EU3 MP on quite a few occasions, and I know more than one person can pick the same nation, but I've never done it myself, how does it work? Does it even work at all?

Basically, both players get full control. Works best if you have a voice-chat thing going with that person, so you can coordinate better.