• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Avindian: Thanks! Im glad you like it!
Malurous: Thanks for the kind words, especially coming from such an esteemed AAR writer as you!
SgtPepper: I will do my best!
Ruwaard: Unfortunately enough, Brabant itself does not have these cores. So I will have to form the Netherlands first. After which I cant form Lotharingia anymore, very sad. We will make sure to keep Brabant's glory intact!

A meeting on the crossroads

The known world in 1359 AD

's-Hertogenbosch, Palace Gardens, 14-04-1359

Jeanne stared across the water. It had been almost a year. A year since the Duchy gained everything, a year since she lost everything. Orland Debruyne had pretty much governed the Duchy for the last year. She just couldn't keep her interest in ruling. She knew the army had been rebuilt, she knew they made more profit than before. It just all sounded a little insignificant. With her death her bloodline would be extinct.

She strolled along the side of the lake, like she had done almost every day. Today was a sunny day, she knew they'd let her be. Orland had often dragged her back inside if she just stood there for hours in the pouring rain. It was spring again, the world had slowly defrosted from a harsh winter. Little Guillaume, never would he see birds playing in the air or young ducks, taking their first swim, she thought.

So she did the only thing she could do, she walked on, vaguely noticing two guardsmen following in her trail.

The cruel Scotsmen were oppressing fellow Dutch countrymen

's-Hertogenbosch, Royal Palace, 10-05-1359

Debruyne, captain de Bruxelles and general Orland Jansen looked at a map of the Low Countries.

''We should throw the Scottish fools of the continent, they have no business here!'' General Jansen exclaimed.

General Jansen was hired shortly after the war with Utrecht to rebuild the armies. With the wealth gained from some things best not mentioned in Utrecht they could actually afford a general now. Orland Jansen wasn't the best general in the world, but he was quite capable when he wasn't drunk. He also was very nationalistic, sharing their dream of uniting the Low Countries.

''I disagree,'' said captain de Bruxelles ''We should try to claim lands from Burgundy, our Flemish brethren are more than willing to join our Duchy and kick these French back to where they belong!''

''Our army is 7000 men strong, Captain, you should know! How do you expect them to beat the Burgundians when they field 30.000 men and horses against us? '' the general responded.

Debruyne, afraid that this would end in one of their classic arguments again quickly interrupted. ''General Jansen is right, we cannot beat the Burgundians, but someone else can.'' he paused for a second to add a little drama.
''The English and the French are at war again, but word has reached our court that they will come to a settlement within the year. Our diplomats at the French court informed me that their next target might be a little closer to home.''

''That would be most fortunate, however we cannot sit here and wait for the French to distract Burgundy.'' Jansen stated.

''I agree with you, General, this is why I designed the following documents. This will give us a legitimate claim on Zeeland.'' Debruyne responded.
''Meeting adjourned for now, gentlemen, please bring the new reports on the army in next week''

Debruyne watched the general and his assistant leave. He quickly put the map back on a desk and navigated the palace hallways until he reached the gardens. He immediately saw the queen, sitting on a bench. She looked sad still. Orland knew there wasn't much he could do, which was exactly what made him feel so powerless.

Royal Marriages with France and Austria, providing useful information from their courts

The birth of Antoine

's-Hertogenbosch, Royal Palace, 25-11-59

Antoine was born a week ago, unlike his brother he was a healthy and strong baby. Jeanne just got a big smile on her face every time she thought of him. She wasn't exactly sure when she'd become pregnant. But it surely was a blessing from God himself. Her son had also given her back her spirit. She wasn't as innocent as four years ago anymore, a young queen who had just ascended her father's throne.

They had both agreed to raise their son first, at least the first year. Then they would strike.

The Prince-Bishopric of Liege gets annexed by Burgundy

Even though Liege came to Utrecht's aid in the last war, Brabant had no harsh feelings against the small state. The Burgundians quickly overran the princedom's defenses and the cities of Namur and Liege fell within a couple of months. There would be no pardon, Liege was no more.

Utrecht gets fully integrated into Brabant

The French Duchy of Brittany declared war on the Scots and occupied Holland

The exact reason for the war between Scotland and Brittany never became quite clear. All the court of Brabant knew that on a beautiful summer day one of their border patrols noticed hordes of Brittanian* troops attacking Scottish-Holland. What they did know was that it put a hold on their ambitions for a while. A year had passed since the birth of Antoine, but with a foreign nation already occupying their goal, declaring war was pointless.

Dutch rebels got routed by Brittany's armies and in their rage attacked the Leger van Brabant

France goes to war!

Brussel, near the Burgundian border, 04-03-1364

A huge cloud of dust was visible on the horizon. A small patrol of Brabandian* soldiers quickly rode to a nearby hill. The source of the dust became clear right away. More than ten thousand horsemen marched towards the border, behind them was a huge horde of infantry, army wagons and whatever else travels in the tail of an army. The troops however did not carry the flag of Burgundy. It was the royal banner from the king of France that proudly looked over the mighty host. The French army did not look hostile. However, as brave soldiers of Brabant were required to do the patrol quickly descended from the hill and blocked the only road the French army was travelling on. It took the French army another two hours to actually arrive at the brave blockade.

''Halt, this territory belongs to Brabant, please state your business!'' the patrol leader shouted.

''Qu'est-ce qu'il dit? Je ne comprends rien de cette langue folle. Je suis le Roi de France! Je demande le passage!'' Jean II of France spoke. It was the king of France himself who had come to lead the army.

Fortunately enough some of the soldiers were actually of Wallonian descent, making communication a little easier.

''Your Royal Highness, we beg your pardon but you're entering Dutch territory. We would like to know the purpose of your... trip.'' a soldier asked.

The king looked a little annoyed but answered nonetheless. ''My advisor already warned me for the annoying people living in these lands, keeping important men from important business. Go tell your queen we are merely passing through, taking a shorter route to the city of Anvers. We are going to kill some Burgundian swines!''

The commander took another glance at the French noble knights, all looking quite fearsome.

''It would be an honour, Your Majesty. Anvers is that way.'' he quickly replied, pointing to the hills behind him.

Jean II looked pleased with that information, ordering his generals to send a scout it immediately. As it turned out later the French army had actually been lost for quite a while. Marching in the opposite direction accidentally.

With that the patrol quickly mounted their horses and returned to Den Bosch with haste.

Burgundy's lands after getting trashed by the French

The French made short work of Burgundy, taking a great deal of territory from them. Queen Jeanne was obviously quite pleased with this news. However, even better news would come next month.

The conquest of Zeeland!

s-Hertogenbosch, Royal Palace, 09-05-1363

For three long years the war between Scotland and Brittany lasted. But now they were finally done. Scotland's forces were left in a bad state and the country itself was in turmoil. There was no better time to strike than now!

General Orland inspected the troops one last time and ordered the march for Zeeland. Frisian armies were already marching on Amsterdam and the Trierian and Colognian troops were amassing to guard the coastlines.

''We ride for battle! Forward march!'' he ordered the troops. A trumpet sounded and as one the army began to march. They would reach Middelburg within five days/

The remnants of the Scottish army get destroyed

As predicted the Scottish didn't prove to be much of a challenge. Their army got routed easily. The defenders of the city proved to be a little more stubborn though.

Scotland agrees with the Brabandian demands

Somewhere on a beach, Holland, 07-03-1364

''Sign here, please.'' Orland Debruyne ordered the Scottish diplomat.

The Scottish had no choice but to surrender Zeeland, peasant rebels in their home country were revolting en mass after four years of nonstop war.

The Scottish ambassador gave Debruyne an angry look. ''Dont think we'll forget,'' he muttered, more to himself than to Debruyne.

''Don't think we're done yet.'' Orland responded. Pointing his finger at Amsterdam for just a second.

The diplomat gave him another angry look and strode of to his ship.

''Let's go home, I haven't seen my wife and son for too long already.'' he ordered his personal guard.

Queen Jeanne's naval ambitions

The Duchy of Brabant, March 1364

---------------------------------------------------------------------
* I really have no idea whether this actually refers to people from Brittany/Brabant.

Note: Some rather uneventfull years passed in this update, where I just sat and waited for Brittany to finally hurry the f up! They took their time, thats for sure!

Coming up next: Some adventures in Germany.

Last edited:
Seems to be going smoothly enough, the neat thing about the region is that pretty much any province you can take is going to be a good one.

As predicted the Scottish didn't prove to be much of a challenge. Their army got routed easily.

Yup, that sounds about right for we Scots!

A very enjoyable read thus far, I always rather like Dutch minor AARs as playing with such small nations provides obvious challenges at the start but their is so much potential, if you can survive the first few years you can usually do very well. It is good to see that you already seem to be prospering. The narrative-gameplay mix works very nicely, colour me subscribed.

Great update! Though seriously Brabant doesn't have a core (claim) on Antwerpen; IRL the estates of Brabant would have disposed any duke, who would have dropped claims on territory belonging to the duchy. Personally that would one thing I would have modded.

BTW a great mod, but why do even the Dutch speaking provinces in the Southern Netherlands (now Belgium) have French names?
Vlaanderen, Gent and Antwerpen, IMHO would have been appropriate than Flandres, Gand and Anvers. Other than that no complaints though;).

Last edited:
Great update! Though seriously Brabant doesn't have a core (claim) on Antwerpen; IRL the estates of Brabant would have disposed any duke, who would have dropped claims on territory belonging to the duchy. Personally that would one thing I would have modded.

BTW a great mod, but why do even the Dutch speaking provinces in the Southern Netherlands (now Belgium) have French names?
Vlaanderen, Gent and Antwerpen, IMHO would have been appropriate than Flandres, Gand and Anvers. Other than that no complaints though;).

Yes, Death and Taxes is an awesome mod! The reason the cities are named in French atm is because Burgundy owns them. Once I take em over their names would change to Dutch. Same for other languages. Pay attention to Aachen in the upcoming updates and you'll see. I am in no position yet to just ''depose'' of Burgundy, so we'll have to wait!

@Malurous, It's a nice region to live in, I agree. I hope it keeps going smoothly though!

@MorningSIDEr, Your countrymen will put up more of a challenge next time though :C

@Fronzel, thanks I'll remember that :D!

Interesting to see a country my family comes from like, succeeding!
Subbed.

Great update. Burgundy being pecked down a little this early will come in handy. So whats the long term plan? Are you going for the United Netherlands asap or will you take it slow and build up you country a bit first?

CivandEUIII: Thank you, I hope I will succeed lol!
SgtPepper20: I will unite the Netherlands as soon as I can, but the hard part is going to be getting a CB against Friesland. We'll see how things go!

The German Insult

The world in 1364 AD

Luxembourg getting overrun by Burgundy's troops

's-Hertogenbosch, Royal Palace, 1-10-1364

''It's too cold outside for me to go out!'' Queen Jeanne complained against her husband.

Orland rolled his eyes. ''We are to inspect the wharfs in Utrecht, it's part of our job darling.''

''But I don't want to go out! It's so nice and warm here. '' she mocked.

''Unfortunately the world is not that patient, this came in just this morning.'' Orland spoke while jumping out of bed. He walked over to the table and grabbed a document.

''Luxembourg got overrun by the Burgundians, they're expanding ever eastwards. However they will soon reach the core-lands of the Holy Roman Empire. We can predict where they will go next, can't we?''

The queen sighed. ''Fine, we will go check out the ships in Utrecht. We can always set sail into the wide world then. If Burgundy comes after us!''

Orland chuckled. He had reached his goal. Unfortunately, five months later Burgundy did too.

Brabant becomes the Papal Controller

The Queens reputation gets tarnished

Utrecht, Wharfs, 12-06-1365

Becoming Papal controller considerably slowed down their planned visit to Utrecht. The queen did not really mind though. Being Papal Controller merely meant organizing a lot of gatherings from people trying to influence the Pope one way or another. Much more importantly though, it was incredibly nice weather.

Ever since Orland decided they needed a powerful navy, ships had been under construction in Utrecht and Middelburg. With the first batch being finished just now it was time for a party. The wharfs of Utrecht weren't actually in the city itself. Everyone just called them that way because Utrecht was the only major town in the region.

As a proper royal gathering demanded, nobility of the surrounding nations were invited to attend. Among them were representatives of the surrounding nations of Gelre, Friesland, Trier, Cologne and Münster. Invitations had been sent out to Scotland and Burgundy too, but they politely refused.

Queen Jeanne and her husband welcomed all the royal guests personally. From Münster however, only a messenger arrived.

''Your Highness, I bring word from his holiness the bishop of Münster. He requires you to know that he will not attend your foul gathering where you personally come to mock the Holy Church.'' the messenger spoke.

Jeanne gasped. ''Excuse me? Clarify yourself!''

''You're feasting on the holy grounds of a bishopric, his eminence is not pleased.'' With that the messenger bowed and quickly left the building.

''The insolence, who does that bishop think he is? Utrecht has always been lawful territory of our Duchy! I cannot tolerate this!'' Jeanne said angrily.

Orland looked rather displeased himself. ''We shan't forget this, love. We cannot look weak in the eyes of our enemies. He will pay for this insult.'' he whispered.

The new Holy Roman Emperor from Bohemia

Brabant's first National Idea, Patron of the Arts

Longbow men tactics from England

The Fleet is complete, now it's time to revenge the insult

's-Hertogenbosch, Royal Palace, 4-07-1368

Four years it took, for the navy to be completed. Now Brabant could proudly present eight fine ships, capable of transporting and protecting four thousand by sea. Jeanne was pleased with the long period of relative peace. It allowed her to get into painting, as it turned out she wasn't even that bad at it. Which made her promptly declare herself a Patron of the Arts.
Politically seen, Burgundy in the south hadn't made a move ever since the annexation of Luxembourg and the rest of northern Europe was at peace for the time being. That was about to change.

No one at the Brabantine court had forgotten the words of the bishop of Münster. It was about time for him to get a reminder that insults won't go unpunished. Even if he himself has already forgotten ever telling them.

Debruyne had sent messengers out to his allies. Everyone of them promised support.

War is declared on Münster

Münster got occupied quickly

Münster had finally fallen, the city held out for one and a half year whilst it's army was looting in Brabant. However only a couple of weeks after the city surrendered a united force of Münster and Frankfurt under general Joachim Haas tried to take back the city.

The province of Limburg adopts a true Brabantine lifestyle

Orland Jansen loses the battle of Munster

Münster, a muddy field, 19-05-1370

''Sir, we must retreat! The enemy forces have broken through our front line!'' Guy de Bruxelles shouted.

General Jansen tried to see what was going on on the battlefield, but the hazardous rain made it impossible to see anything. All of a sudden a cavalry detachment stormed past the command post. Shouting that the enemy had beaten them. ''Run for your life!''

An infantry division carrying the banner of Münster appeared in sight, marching straight towards the command post.

''Damn, order the retreat!'' the general ordered.

Horns sounded and those who weren't running yet grabbed a horse and retreated towards the city. General Jansen pointed at some chests.
''We cannot leave these documents behind, they are vital for our success!'' he ordered.

''Sir, there isn't time! We must go now!'' De Bruxelles shouted back at him while grabbing some documents from a chest and stuffing them in his pocket.

''I will give you time, GO!'' General Jansen pulled out his sword and ordered his personal guardsmen to follow him.
''Don't make me regret this, Guy!''

He charged out towards the advancing soldiers! ''For queen Jeanne!''

The enemy soldiers, not wanting to kill a general, hesitated. The general took down five men before someone stabbed a spear in his back. He fell to the ground and his vision turned vague. The last thing he saw was a sword coming down on him, then there was blackness.

General Jansen dies

Queen Jeanne's peace offer, Münster has no choice but to accept

Guy de Bruxelles got the documents away from the battlefield in time and Queen Jeanne was quick to arrange a peace settlement with the Bishop of Münster. He could keep his throne, but from now on he would answer to Brabant and to Brabant alone. They were also to release Gelre as their vassal. This would give Brabant a strong ally in the future. One Brabant would need.

Brabant's new goal

Brabant's foreign relations in March 1371 AD

------------------------------------------------------------

Next update: More fun with the Scottish!

These 7 years were rather uneventful unfortunately so I cramped everything together a little. Atleast I got a nice vassal out of it!

Last edited:
Looks good so far, but the horrible border with Burgundy should eventually be rectified.

Relatively quiet years but that is no bad thing as it has let you tend to your navy. Grabbing a new vassal is certainly useful too, good to see Jeanne is quite unwilling to accept any insults!

In history, the wedding of Philip the Bold and Margaret of Flanders didn't take place until 1369 (and thus Burgundy shouldn't own Flanders in 1356) and Burgundy wasn't even awarded to Philip until 1363, by none other than his father, Jean II of France. You have to wonder what was going on here! :)

In history, the wedding of Philip the Bold and Margaret of Flanders didn't take place until 1369 (and thus Burgundy shouldn't own Flanders in 1356) and Burgundy wasn't even awarded to Philip until 1363, by none other than his father, Jean II of France. You have to wonder what was going on here! :)

Margaret of Flanders married duke Philip I of Rouvres (the last duke of Burgundy from the Capetian house of Burgundy) in 1357, but due to their very young age and the early death of Philip I this marriage remained childless. Philip I was inherited by king John II the Good, who now also became duke John I of Burgundy, there were more candidates (like king Charles the Bad of Navarre) and one of the conditions of the estates of Burgundy was that Burgundy would remain separate from the French Royal domain. Later John the Good gave Burgundy to his youngest and favorite son Philip the Bold (he fought beside his father in the battle of Poitiers, where he also earned his cognomen; he founded the house of Valois-Burgundy), who in exchange returned his appanage the duchy of Touraine.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. D&T's representation of the Low Countries isn't very accurate for the new date. I was more passing comment on France battering Burgundy in 1363. :)

I can't believe I missed this!

I love it so far. Nice narrative, fast moving, with good gameplay bits. Very impressed! :)

Looks good so far, but the horrible border with Burgundy should eventually be rectified.

Eventually Burgundy itself must be rectified. Once the time is there...

Relatively quiet years but that is no bad thing as it has let you tend to your navy. Grabbing a new vassal is certainly useful too, good to see Jeanne is quite unwilling to accept any insults!

Honestly building a navy felt like a waste of money, I have no use for it yet. Maybe one day they'll get useful! And queen Jeanne has quite the strong will, hasnt she?

Margaret of Flanders married duke Philip I of Rouvres (the last duke of Burgundy from the Capetian house of Burgundy) in 1357, but due to their very young age and the early death of Philip I this marriage remained childless. Philip I was inherited by king John II the Good, who now also became duke John I of Burgundy, there were more candidates (like king Charles the Bad of Navarre) and one of the conditions of the estates of Burgundy was that Burgundy would remain separate from the French Royal domain. Later John the Good gave Burgundy to his youngest and favorite son Philip the Bold (he fought beside his father in the battle of Poitiers, where he also earned his cognomen; he founded the house of Valois-Burgundy), who in exchange returned his appanage the duchy of Touraine.

Yes, I know. D&T's representation of the Low Countries isn't very accurate for the new date. I was more passing comment on France battering Burgundy in 1363. :)

Im afraid Im not that into the history in this period. I have heard that there are some problems with the rulers etc. in the extended D&T timeline though. Perhaps one could make a suggestion in the D&T mod thread.

I can't believe I missed this!

I love it so far. Nice narrative, fast moving, with good gameplay bits. Very impressed! :)

I can't believe you missed this either! :D No just joking, thank you for your kind words.
Im afraid its not nearly as good as your own aar yet, but maybe one day... who knows!

Im planning on writing the new update today or tomorrow!

Great stuff. That's a pretty strong vassal (relative to your own size) you added there.

Malurous: I was quite pleased to add Münster as a vassal, they already proved to be useful. Thanks!

The Five Years War

Zeeland gets fully integrated

It was February in the year 1372 after the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. A beautiful carpet of snow covered the fields of Brabant. A winter sun shone brightly in a cloudless sky. The scenery could undoubtedly be described as idyllic and could very well serve as a the background of a famous painting.
The snow reflected the sun in such a way that it sometimes was painful to even look outside the carriage that was travelling through the countryside. Queen Jeanne put her head on Orland's shoulder. They had just returned from Middelburg, it had taken them a while but the province was now fully integrated into Brabant. No other country could legitimately claim it as their own. Travelling through the snow however was a painfully slow business. Normally it would have been a four day journey from Den Bosch to Middelburg. However with all the snowfall they could be happy if they would be back in the palace in a week.

''What are you thinking about, dear?'' Orland asked her.

Jeanne had to think about that for a second. Lots of thoughts were crossing her mind recently. The excited feeling she got when she conquered her first city, almost 13 years ago now. But also the tragic emptiness she had felt for a long time after losing Guillaume. Luckily Antoine came along, as bright as the sun outside, he brought back that feeling of accomplishment. Not even to mention the fact that he was thirteen already. Considering how she had done over the last years she knew her father would be proud of her. The Reginar line would live on to see another day and she was certain that one day, all of the world would know their name and speak of it with dignity.

''I was just thinking about the past, all the things we've done together. Accomplished together.''

''Quite a feat for a country such as ours, I should say.'' he said smilingly.

She lifted her head from his shoulder.
''It is, isn't it. Everyone in Zeeland also seemed to be very content with our rule. They however had one request. Their.. our brothers in Holland have always been united as Dutchmen. I don't want to sit idly by anymore, we have to drive the Scottish out of Amsterdam and claim the territory as our own.''

Orland just looked at her briefly and nodded. She knew she could always count on him, till death do them part.

Brabant supports a philosopher

Queen Jeanne changes the priorities of the country

The new plan

A new war was on the horizon, spring had dawned upon them and it would be summer soon. It would be the perfect time to conquer Holland, right before the harvest season would start. At least, that was the new plan. Reality proved to be different.

The Second Brabantine-Scottish war of Liberation

Oldenburg joins the war

Year one

The second Brabantine war of Liberation against the Scottish started without a hitch. Sweden and Denmark answered Scotland's call but they were few and far away. Brabant's armies marched on Amsterdam and Oldenburg. A month into the war everything changed, the united navy of Sweden and Denmark appeared before the coast of Friesland. An army fifteen thousand men strong was with them, it landed on the beaches and sacked the province. Yet they weren't the only trouble to show up. Scotland was much better prepared than last time. At first they landed an army of six thousand men, soon however their numbers would increase greatly.

The battles of Oldenburg and Osnabruck

Brabantine nobles align themselves with rebels from Münster

Münster's armies fought valiantly besides Brabant. The new Bishop was a loyal subject to Queen Jeanne. But not everyone in Münster was that pleased with their role as subordinate. With well placed bribes they managed to bring some key figures of Jeanne's court to their side. This resulted in a slight destabilization of the country. Orland Debruyne managed to fix this quickly though, with properly times war propaganda.

Year two

The second year of the war began with bad news. Brabant's loyal ally Friesland fell to the Danish troops and was forced in a separate peace treaty. They had to break all contact and agreements with Brabant.

More bad news was yet to come. Scottish armies had routed the Brabantine besiegers at Amsterdam and were in full fledged chase across the country. Cologne came to the rescue first, with Brabant's main army soon following suit. The numbers of enemy forces in the battlefield was growing by the day. So queen Jeanne had no other choice but to meet secretly with a Swedish ambassador. The next day the Swedish forces marched home. All Jeanne had to do was publicly announce the greatness of the Swedish armies and praise their king.

Contacts with Friesland also got reinstated a couple of months after their surrender, they would however not join the war again.

Friesland rejoins Brabant as an ally

Sweden gets tricked out of the war

Brabant's side of the war

Year Three

The Swedish exit from the war turned the tables in favour of Brabant. Münster and Brabant completely destroyed the Danish army in Berg and Limburg. At the same time Oldenburg fell to a the united armies of Cologne and Trier. This freed up the northern front of the war and allowed Brabant to march straight on to Holland once more. This time the Scottish troops got beaten badly.

Brabant's armies kick around enemy forces

Oldenburg gets tired of being occupied

Year Four

Scotland nor Denmark however were willing to surrender. They, foolishly enough, kept landing troops in Zeeland, Utrecht and Holland, hoping to drive back their enemy. The shores were well defended though. Trier, Cologne and Brabant made sure none of the attackers could gain any ground.

This still didn't prove to be enough. So queen Jeanne decided to strike at the heart of the enemy. A naval landing in Denmark or Scotland wasn't possible. The Danish navy patrolled the coasts of the Netherlands like a guard dog. There was only other option, walk there. Queen Jeanne received ambassadors from Saxe-Lauenburg, Holstein, Brunswick and England. At first England's presence at this meeting seemed a little odd. It however turned out that his Royal Highness the King of England decided to finance Brabant's expedition into Denmark. The German noble lords agreed to let Brabant's army through for a small fee and that sealed the deal.

Queen Jeanne arranges a deal to reach Danish territory

Nobles support the war

England sends war supplies in order to finish of the Scots

Year Five

The Five Year War ended after, like the name suggests, five years. Brabant's troops had sacked the Danish area of Slesvig and that proved to be enough.

Scotland has no choice but to accept our demands

Holland, a beach, 25-06-1377

Orland Debruyne looked at the Scottish ambassador with slight amusement. The salty sea air always made him appreciate their victories even more.

''So, we meet again.'' he spoke.

''Our beloved King agreed to your peace settlement.'' the ambassador answered.

He handed Orland a role with the royal seal of Scotland on it. Orland broke the seal and quickly read through the document, everything was fine.

''It was a pleasure doing business with you, give our regards to your king.'' he said.

The Scottish ambassador gave him an angry look and turned around.

''Thank our Lord that we've finally got rid of this hellhole, I can't stand the smell of continental Europe.'' he muttered to himself.

Denmark has enough, after five years of war

Hearing of the Scottish surrender, Denmark does not want to fight on. It was not their war to begin with.

Europe in 1377 AD

--------------------------------------------------------------

And this concludes the Scottish presence in Mainland Europe. I have to play further a little for new material but stay tuned!

Last edited: