• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hallelujah! A new update! And I've got to say the quality has not decreased in the slightest. Will be interesting to see how this all works out, but I'm just not seeing good things for the Allies in the future.

I remembered last night that in SF/ICE, I once needed to do a reverse Sealion as the US. Starting from Boston ->Iceland->Northern Ireland should be doable, if you can muster up enough tanks and troops.

I measured and I could just get to the south coast of Ireland through Newfoundland if I wanted a slightly more secure supply path, but it'll require bringing Ireland into the war on one side or another. The counter-invasion is definitely doable though (and Iceland makes more sense from a realistic perspective).

Oh dear lord, Groß Brittanien must fall first, but how that will be accomplished beats me. I'll be interested to see how the Allies plan to win this, and if they do, what the post-war politics of Britain will be. Also, is that Lord Haw-Haw as Foreign Minister?

The plan to win this war is simple and like many other plans: we take it one step at a time and break the Axis down into winnable battles. :p You also see correctly, I believe.

The prodigal aar returns! I can't wait to see how this all plays out now :)

Thanks, looking forward to completing it. :)

Very pleased to see you return, Saithis. And my, you've given yourself quite the obstacles to surmount. I expect Australia will be safe, but the rest... I will follow with keen interest and there's so much to follow: Barbarossa, India, the Pacific, the African mess...

All very good. I think you've created a plausible narrative for the collapse of Great Britain into a Nazi lackey and the attendant confusion and redistribution of forces, new countries, alliances, etc. It's all rich with possibilities.

Very pleased to be back. You can see why I felt it was reasonable to give myself a share of the surviving Allied troops, because the remaining 12 Australasian divisions would not likely be enough to make a dent on the kind of war we're talking about. With a whole slew of Allied forces under my command, I'll be much better equipped to tackle this. I'm glad to hear you've appreciated the narrative, I've done my best to keep it within the realms of believability.

That world is very very very different, isn't it?

Portugal must be suicidal to enter the war but then no pity for fascist pigs :p

Very different indeed. Suicidal the Portuguese might be, but when Franco's decided to go along with it and you have Italy and Germany breathing down your neck, it kinda comes down to 'accept and maybe survive as independent' or 'don't accept and get annexed sooner or later'.

Just read the entire AAR over the past few hours. Amazing stuff.

Good job! Looking foward to the next update! =)

Thank you, I hope it won't take too long!

Hallelujah! A new update! And I've got to say the quality has not decreased in the slightest. Will be interesting to see how this all works out, but I'm just not seeing good things for the Allies in the future.

My thanks TKFS, I'll also be interested in seeing how it works out. I've got a plan to tackle this monstrosity, but more about that later.

Amazing aar. Good luck trying to rebuild the British Empire, your tasks are numerous and your resource very limited.

Anything's possible with your mates at your back. Now if I can get Canada to start doing sensible things...

Maybe, but they are diggers and they will be at their best when outnumbered and facing impossible odds. Go you great southern men!

Nothing's impossible as long as the world's largest industry is on our side. Now if we can manage to point it in the right direction...

Mmmm, glad to see my fav AAR is back! :)

Hope your chest infection is healing up and you're not sidelined too long, Saithis!

Glad to be your favourite AAR! I'm feeling much better (although that means I'm back at work), but hopefully the update should be done before too much longer.

Meanwhile, let me remind everyone that the ACAs are in full swing! You can vote for your favourite AARs here!

For those more interested in reading than participating, we also have the latest issue of the AARlander, which might catch your attention, with a number of lovely articles written by our own forum members for your pleasure.

Just a little note Saithis, still checking in regularly and hoping that someday you find some time and will to continue this on. Very much looking forward to updates as this is my favourite HOI3 AAR out there.

March on Australia!

Best AAR on this forum. Hope it continues! :)

Great to see this outstanding AAR moving forward again!

I really appreciate the way you handled the break up the British empire and its fallout. Very credible. The Allied cause is in a really bad place right now but hopefully it can only get better from here on in!

You certainly have a lot of work to do and even now you've only got limited resources to work with. I wonder if you are able to declare war on Malaya? It might make sense to bring them back in line, both for the resources and the security of Singapore? I'm sure a "Japan first" strategy makes sense, especially from an Australian perspective and in these circumstances, but I imagine their empire won't go down without a hard fight. It could go badly for India.

Getting back to Europe is more of a practical/logistical problem now that Britain is not only out of the war but actively hostile. It will be very interesting to see how you approach that. And Germany versus the USSR could be an epic struggle - I can't possibly guess how that one will turn out in this scenario...

Hey guys, thanks for the continued, ever-valuable support. I'm always touched by how much appreciation my Aussie boys have received and I hope the continued story - once I can get it back on course - will bring as much fun as ever.

Great to see this outstanding AAR moving forward again!

I really appreciate the way you handled the break up the British empire and its fallout. Very credible. The Allied cause is in a really bad place right now but hopefully it can only get better from here on in!

You certainly have a lot of work to do and even now you've only got limited resources to work with. I wonder if you are able to declare war on Malaya? It might make sense to bring them back in line, both for the resources and the security of Singapore? I'm sure a "Japan first" strategy makes sense, especially from an Australian perspective and in these circumstances, but I imagine their empire won't go down without a hard fight. It could go badly for India.

Getting back to Europe is more of a practical/logistical problem now that Britain is not only out of the war but actively hostile. It will be very interesting to see how you approach that. And Germany versus the USSR could be an epic struggle - I can't possibly guess how that one will turn out in this scenario...

A lot of speculation in here but I can just say that I definitely will not let Malaya chill out, one way or another. They've got too many rares and too strategic a position to just let them withdraw from this war and do nothing. How I go about ensuring they carry their weight against Fascism is another question!

As a thanks to you guys for your support, I've whipped up enough of a preview of the next episode to give you an idea what kind of stuff you can expect to see: specifically, the newly re-organized Australasian OOB and Key Tech/Brigade Stats:

DFVhs3Z.png

Wp1rQtK.png

Hopefully it'll be worth the time investment I'm putting into it! I'll try to have it done sooner or later, I just have a bunch of more important, money-related tasks to sort out before I can dedicate myself to finishing it.

I have to agree with the General, it does look nice. I even understand some of it now since I've tried playing HoI3 since I last commented.

Is it optimised with a forum style that is not 'HOI' ? White letters on the grey (transparent) background are a bit difficult to read, also there may be an issue with antialising, though my near-sight is somewhat sensitive.

In any case, really looking forward for an update !!!!!!

Is it optimised with a forum style that is not 'HOI' ? White letters on the grey (transparent) background are a bit difficult to read, also there may be an issue with antialising, though my near-sight is somewhat sensitive.

In any case, really looking forward for an update !!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with the picture as far as anti-aliasing is concerned, although you do have a point about the optimalisation. May I suggest making the black around the letters a bit blacker?

You make an excellent point, I always forget that my forum settings are always set to Crusader Kings as it's easiest on my eyes. I'll adjust the final versions into something a bit more viewable across different skins, thanks for the feedback. :)

I like the cavalry division. Might be invaluable for those rotten terrains.

oh, and welcome back :)