• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this dead?

Apparently not. On one of her other AAR's she mentioned that she is partway through writing the next episode. I think she mentioned she was suffering from some writers block but was still working through it gradually.

Saithis said:
I'd love to be able to update daily but right now I'm real busy working on the time-intensive Last Man and Shilling update, which has proven a real headache to complete.
EDIT: I found the exact quote. This is from 4 days ago. Seems recent enough. We just need to keep waiting.

This certainly isn't dead, I've just been short on time to work on the update. I know exactly what I want to write but playing through the game to get the screenshots has proven more challenging than expected, due to the complexity of the changes I'm making to the scenario. I feel, however, that the payoff will be worth it.

26823070.jpg

I miss this story...

[GRUMPY OLD MAN] you kids get off her lawn and stop predicting doom! [/GRUMPY OLD MAN]

It'll come...just be patient :)

I promise guys, it's coming, just cool your jets and try to be patient. I've gotten through the worst of it now and it's just taking screenshots, editing and writing a post when I can.

We don't mean any disrespect Saithis. I hope our posts make you feel appreciated for taking the time to write a brilliant narrative rather than feel under pressure to appease the impatient mob that are your readers. (Myself included :p)

Quality is far better than quantity. Thanks for sharing this story with us. :)

We don't mean any disrespect Saithis. I hope our posts make you feel appreciated for taking the time to write a brilliant narrative rather than feel under pressure to appease the impatient mob that are your readers. (Myself included :p)

Quality is far better than quantity. Thanks for sharing this story with us. :)
Couldn't agree more. :) Take our restlessness as encouragement, and do please feel free to ignore it if that's the better way to go. :) We'll wait until it's done - whenever you decide that it is done.

Let me know what you guys think, the input is highly valuable and I'll try to have another update up by the start of this week regardless of what people think/respond with. I hope you enjoy!

It sure is a long week.... I re-discovered this AAR while browsing the AARland Choice AwAARD votes, and it made me wonder. What happened to this AAR? Anyway, I am hoping that you'll continue this great AAR some day (rather sooner than later?). Australia will conquer the world!

tumblr_ldv1z5j4jA1qevr3ao1_500.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and Saithis; please don't feel rushed by our comments. We're just very excited to see some more of your work.

Attachments

• tumblr_ldv1z5j4jA1qevr3ao1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ldv1z5j4jA1qevr3ao1_500.jpg
    44,9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the next update. Just finished reading the AAR again. (Need to do stuff while the flu burns itself out, so rereading all of my favorite AAR's).

Good and bad news, so I'll start with the bad.

I've been suffering from illness and stress throughout the end of last week so my hoped and semi-promised update has been delayed even further. I'm having a hiccup that is once again requiring creative solutions - all British units have been distributed into various nations with a percentage marked as loyalists and I have been able to establish the Edwardian government, but there's teething pains in terms of getting the various puppets to work i.e. break free where necessary and I'm having to untangle various scripts and codes to get the removal of the UK from the Allies to actually work appropriately. I believe I can do it, but it's taken, once again, far longer than expected.

I apologize to everyone for the long wait, and I hope this update reassures you that progress is being made, and that I will never go through this for an AAR ever again. xD

I'm very excited that you are going to such lengths to appease your audience!

Appeasement or war! :D

Man, this sounds like quite the task. Makes me love this aar even more!

Saithis, I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness - and about the stress: being ill, at home and not thinking of any work (or AAR) issues is the best way to recover from that. On the other hand, I'm glad you're making progress, and I am looking forward to the moment you solve the issues. When you're at it, just remember how grateful we will be. And that you probably never will have to go through this kind of trouble for us anymore :)

There's absolutely no rush for an update. You just take all the time you need to get well and get the game to do as you want it to do!