• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(97213)

Sergeant
10 Badges
Apr 16, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I may be confusing this game with another game, but is there the ability to assign tasks like handling the economy, military, production, etc. to the CPU? Some reason I thought you could, but for the life of me I can't find any options in the game or manual. Although I have owned the base game for awhile, just really starting to play it now. Maybe I have the wrong game in mind:) If it is possible, can someone tell me kindly where this gets done?

Thanks!

Depending on your ruling party's policies, there's more of an "automation" for the economy if you can label it like that. By that I mean that capitalist POPs have more freedom to expand/build factories and railroads, compared to State Capitalism where you have more control (but capitalists have increased costs).

HoI3 has an option for automation of armies, where the AI handles theatres and stuff. AHD has introduced some small things that help managing a country, though, like better handling of Influence when you have sphered countries, bulk construction of armies based on continents, better management of diplomatic messages, mass construction of ports/railroads/forts (if you're able to do it manually), rally points and other things.

Depending on your ruling party's policies, there's more of an "automation" for the economy if you can label it like that. By that I mean that capitalist POPs have more freedom to expand/build factories and railroads, compared to State Capitalism where you have more control (but capitalists have increased costs).

HoI3 has an option for automation of armies, where the AI handles theatres and stuff. AHD has introduced some small things that help managing a country, though, like better handling of Influence when you have sphered countries, bulk construction of armies based on continents, better management of diplomatic messages, mass construction of ports/railroads/forts (if you're able to do it manually), rally points and other things.

Thank you for the quick response. So in general there really isn't an options screen to "turn on" automation functions, its just part of the fabrics of the game where it makes things easier. Am I understanding correctly?

Yes. If I remember correctly the only Paradox title to date that had an option to really automate whole facets of the game is Hearts of Iron 3. In Victoria 2, what is automated is usually automated anyway (like the world market), with the exception of buying/selling goods in the stockpile, where you can either let the AI do automatically or set a buy/sell slider yourself for individual goods and auto-assigning Generals/Admirals. But like you said, it's just part of the game to ease the life of people who don't want to micromanage everything.