+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automation in the Game?

Automation in the Game?

I may be confusing this game with another game, but is there the ability to assign tasks like handling the economy, military, production, etc. to the CPU? Some reason I thought you could, but for the life of me I can't find any options in the game or manual. Although I have owned the base game for awhile, just really starting to play it now. Maybe I have the wrong game in mind If it is possible, can someone tell me kindly where this gets done?

Thanks!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Depending on your ruling party's policies, there's more of an "automation" for the economy if you can label it like that. By that I mean that capitalist POPs have more freedom to expand/build factories and railroads, compared to State Capitalism where you have more control (but capitalists have increased costs).

HoI3 has an option for automation of armies, where the AI handles theatres and stuff. AHD has introduced some small things that help managing a country, though, like better handling of Influence when you have sphered countries, bulk construction of armies based on continents, better management of diplomatic messages, mass construction of ports/railroads/forts (if you're able to do it manually), rally points and other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Planck View Post
    Depending on your ruling party's policies, there's more of an "automation" for the economy if you can label it like that. By that I mean that capitalist POPs have more freedom to expand/build factories and railroads, compared to State Capitalism where you have more control (but capitalists have increased costs).

HoI3 has an option for automation of armies, where the AI handles theatres and stuff. AHD has introduced some small things that help managing a country, though, like better handling of Influence when you have sphered countries, bulk construction of armies based on continents, better management of diplomatic messages, mass construction of ports/railroads/forts (if you're able to do it manually), rally points and other things.
    Thank you for the quick response. So in general there really isn't an options screen to "turn on" automation functions, its just part of the fabrics of the game where it makes things easier. Am I understanding correctly?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Yes. If I remember correctly the only Paradox title to date that had an option to really automate whole facets of the game is Hearts of Iron 3. In Victoria 2, what is automated is usually automated anyway (like the world market), with the exception of buying/selling goods in the stockpile, where you can either let the AI do automatically or set a buy/sell slider yourself for individual goods and auto-assigning Generals/Admirals. But like you said, it's just part of the game to ease the life of people who don't want to micromanage everything.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I think you might be thinking of Supreme Ruler

+ Reply to Thread