+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AHD Pre-Order Available at US Amazon and Gamersgate

AHD Pre-Order Available at US Amazon and Gamersgate

I had read some other threads that suggested there would be no pre-orders, but stumbled upon this at US Amazon digital store this morning. Not only is it available for pre-order, but also 10% off right now. Obvisouly, the Amazon version likely won't work the Steam version, but I would think it would work fine with the Gamersgate version. I have used Amazon download service before and has worked really well and very similar to Gamersgate where you download all the setup files and can store safely on a CD/DVD somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Victoria-II-Ho...PMZX8262XZC5VY

Edit: Just noticed also available on Gamersgate too.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-V2AHD/v...-house-divided

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    About effing time! *pre-orders* I wonder if we'll get a free DLC like if we pre-order CKII?
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    About effing time! *pre-orders* I wonder if we'll get a free DLC like if we pre-order CKII?
    Oh my god what DLC would you want with an expansion pack? They've just done an expansion pack there is no DLC.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I believe if you pre-order you will get extra blue coins in GG, like 250 I think.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

So the gamersgate version will work with the base game bought on disk?
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    So the gamersgate version will work with the base game bought on disk?
    Yeah I need to know this as well...

Edit - on the gg site it simply says need VIC 2 instswlled on computer so should be fine.
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    Yeah I need to know this as well...

Edit - on the gg site it simply says need VIC 2 instswlled on computer so should be fine.
    At least for other Paradox titles, I have been able to use GG expansions/DLC with boxed copies with no problems. My assumption is this would be the same or they would limite themselves from being able to sell expansions to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
    At least for other Paradox titles, I have been able to use GG expansions/DLC with boxed copies with no problems. My assumption is this would be the same or they would limite themselves from being able to sell expansions to these people.
    Just bought it. Have not used GG before. I assume I cant download it until the release date? I certainly have no option too that I can see anyway.
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    Just bought it. Have not used GG before. I assume I cant download it until the release date? I certainly have no option too that I can see anyway.
    Correct...right now expansion is just a pre-order. can't download until release date.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Preordered earlier today. Yay.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

WOOT! Thanks for the heads up. Preordered.

One thing that I have noticed is the use of the word economical when they are describing Victoria II and AHD. Not a big deal but I think they should use the word economic instead.

The first expansion to Victoria 2 focuses on American Civil War era and enhances the political and economical aspects of the game.

Carefully guide your nation from the era of absolute monarchies in the early 19th century, through expansion and colonization, to finally become a truly great power by the dawn of the 20th century.
    “Economic” and “economical” are two adjectives that are frequently used interchangeably. They are clearly related but they have, strictly speaking, quite distinct meanings.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the definition of economic is

Relating to economics or the economy.

Economical, however, means

Giving good value or return in relation to the resources used or money spent; sparing in the use of resources or money.

So, government policies to do with finance would be economic but fuel-efficient cars would be described as more economical.

The main confusion arises when writers use “economic” when they really mean “economical”. Take, for example, the phrase “economical with the truth”, a euphemism for lying brought into popular usage by the British civil servant Robert Armstrong.

Armstrong used the phrase correctly, but many do not, referring instead to being “economic with the truth”. A simple web search will reveal many thousands of instances of this phrase, although it is essentially meaningless.

In colloquial English, the distinction between the two words is often blurred, but it is always useful to know the correct meanings.

As an aside, the adverb for both words is the same: economically.
    http://www.dailywritingtips.com/economic-or-economical/

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've just preordered AHD.

A week to get it And I'm aching to it; once I saw the awesome features that AHD will add to the gameplay I've not been able to play with vanilla Vicky2.
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Pre-ordered¡

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by ashandresash View Post
    I've just preordered AHD.

A week to get it And I'm aching to it; once I saw the awesome features that AHD will add to the gameplay I've not been able to play with vanilla Vicky2.
    same here

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Oh nice, I really thought it was gonna be $30. Preordering once I get paid this week.

Edit: And yeah, I haven't been able to play Vicky 2 for a few weeks either... it just makes me want the new features.
    The Chronicles of the Norse - A Jorvik AAR (CK2, active)

Pine, Bamboo, and Plum - A Song AAR (EU3 MEIOU, dead for foreseeable future)
    Winner: Weekly AAR Showcase 11/20/11 - Character Writer of the Week 12/4/11, 10/7/12 - AARland Choice AwAARd Q4 2011, Q3 2012

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Pre-ordered of Gamersgate.

+ Reply to Thread