• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr. Charisma22

President
28 Badges
Dec 1, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
Is the Noble House of Percy represented in CK2? They historically ruled in the Northumbria region, and I wondered if after the Norman Invasion succeeds, they get the historical position.

Possibly, however, no LP/preview of the current version that I have seen has displayed Northumbria, so I can only speculate really (unless a dev confirms it).

Also, if you choose the first bookmarked date (15 September 1066) and the Norman Invasion succeeds, the AI will most likely not follow historical accuracy but what suits it best and so the House of Percy is most likely never to exist. However, assuming that the House of Percy is in the game and you choose the second bookmarked date (26 December 1066...I think), then they are probably there.

So, it's probable but not guaranteed.

According to Wikipedia the Percy family didn't come to England until December 1067, so I guess that they have not been enfeoffed by William the Conqueror in the December 1066 scenario. If you start in the September 1066 scenario then there is no guarantee that William will actually become king, let alone that the Percy family will be enfeoffed. And even if William becomes king they may not be given any land (they may not even be in the game at that point, may own only a barony or not have land in Northumbria). My advice to you is to scroll through the centuries (only available till 1337) and select the Percy family the moment they appear as playable characters.

Is the Noble House of Percy represented in CK2? They historically ruled in the Northumbria region, and I wondered if after the Norman Invasion succeeds, they get the historical position.

Ruled how much land? Probably doubtful they'd get their exact holdings, or maybe even exist, if you start pre-Norman Invasion (since this scenario is basically there to allow for the invasion to go differently than historically). But if you start with the post-Hastings 1066 startdate, or a date when they were ruling, then they should be/probably are in, assuming they were large enough lords and the research is correct.

According to Wikipedia the Percy family didn't come to England until December 1067, so I guess that they have not been enfeoffed by William the Conqueror in the December 1066 scenario. If you start in the September 1066 scenario then there is no guarantee that William will actually become king, let alone that the Percy family will be enfeoffed. And even if William becomes king they may not be given any land (they may not even be in the game at that point, may own only a barony or not have land in Northumbria). My advice to you is to scroll through the centuries (only available till 1337) and select the Percy family the moment they appear as playable characters.

In the 12th century the Percy heiress married a younger son of the duke of Lower Lorraine from the Leuven/Brabant (Reginar) dynasty, their son adopted the name Percy. So that house of Percy was a cadet branch of the house of Leuven/Brabant (Reginar).

In the 12th century the Percy heiress married a younger son of the duke of Lower Lorraine from the Leuven/Brabant (Reginar) dynasty, their son adopted the name Percy. So that house of Percy was a cadet branch of the house of Leuven/Brabant (Reginar).

Yeah, no one can keep a Brabantian down when he puts his mind to the task at hand, least of all when he is a member of the House of Leuven.

Yes, Brabant was strong in the Middle Ages, being the most powerful duchy in the Low Countries. It encompassed most of northern Belgium (the provinces of Antwerp, Flemish Brabant and Walloon Brabant) and the contemporary Dutch Province of North Brabant (which is my home province, as evidenced by my Dutch flag). It flourished through trade and its urban centres of Brussels, Louvain, Antwerp, Breda and 's-Hertogenbosch. Its influence extended far beyond the duchy's borders into Guelders, Jülich and towards the outskirts of Cologne.

My avatar name Hertog Jan is named after Duke John I of Brabant, who was considered the epitome of a true feudal prince. He was an accomplished poet and troubadour, a fearsome knight and tournament fighter, and a skilled ruler in affairs both foreign and domestic. He won the Battle of Worringen against a stronger alliance led by the Archbishop of Cologne. By winning this large battle he secured his succession to the Duchy of Limburg, becoming the most powerful lord between the rivers Scheldt, Rhine and Moselle. All over the contemporary territories of the ancient duchy of Brabant, references to John abound (mainly related to food and drink, the 'Burgundian' spirit).

It is a flag from HoI III which runs from top to bottom, which means the part the is normally flown from the mast is up. A French flag? Certainly not. Yugoslav? Maybe.

In the 1066 post-invasion scenario, thats still before the Harrowing, so i would assume that in the North it should still be the English lords, but maybe if you skip forward a couple decades theyd be whatever normans displaced them, and if those are your Percys then thats who itd be. But if you start with the Norman Conquest, then its the Leofricssons plotting revolution throughout the North not the dogs of normandy who had yet to chase them out.

We chose the Umfraville family over the Percy family, the county simply wasn't big enough for the two of them.