+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northumbria

First Lieutenant Mr. Charisma22's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Northumbria

Is the Noble House of Percy represented in CK2? They historically ruled in the Northumbria region, and I wondered if after the Norman Invasion succeeds, they get the historical position.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Possibly, however, no LP/preview of the current version that I have seen has displayed Northumbria, so I can only speculate really (unless a dev confirms it).

Also, if you choose the first bookmarked date (15 September 1066) and the Norman Invasion succeeds, the AI will most likely not follow historical accuracy but what suits it best and so the House of Percy is most likely never to exist. However, assuming that the House of Percy is in the game and you choose the second bookmarked date (26 December 1066...I think), then they are probably there.

So, it's probable but not guaranteed.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

According to Wikipedia the Percy family didn't come to England until December 1067, so I guess that they have not been enfeoffed by William the Conqueror in the December 1066 scenario. If you start in the September 1066 scenario then there is no guarantee that William will actually become king, let alone that the Percy family will be enfeoffed. And even if William becomes king they may not be given any land (they may not even be in the game at that point, may own only a barony or not have land in Northumbria). My advice to you is to scroll through the centuries (only available till 1337) and select the Percy family the moment they appear as playable characters.

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charisma22 View Post
    Is the Noble House of Percy represented in CK2? They historically ruled in the Northumbria region, and I wondered if after the Norman Invasion succeeds, they get the historical position.
    Ruled how much land? Probably doubtful they'd get their exact holdings, or maybe even exist, if you start pre-Norman Invasion (since this scenario is basically there to allow for the invasion to go differently than historically). But if you start with the post-Hastings 1066 startdate, or a date when they were ruling, then they should be/probably are in, assuming they were large enough lords and the research is correct.

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Hertog Jan View Post
    According to Wikipedia the Percy family didn't come to England until December 1067, so I guess that they have not been enfeoffed by William the Conqueror in the December 1066 scenario. If you start in the September 1066 scenario then there is no guarantee that William will actually become king, let alone that the Percy family will be enfeoffed. And even if William becomes king they may not be given any land (they may not even be in the game at that point, may own only a barony or not have land in Northumbria). My advice to you is to scroll through the centuries (only available till 1337) and select the Percy family the moment they appear as playable characters.
    In the 12th century the Percy heiress married a younger son of the duke of Lower Lorraine from the Leuven/Brabant (Reginar) dynasty, their son adopted the name Percy. So that house of Percy was a cadet branch of the house of Leuven/Brabant (Reginar).

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ruwaard View Post
    In the 12th century the Percy heiress married a younger son of the duke of Lower Lorraine from the Leuven/Brabant (Reginar) dynasty, their son adopted the name Percy. So that house of Percy was a cadet branch of the house of Leuven/Brabant (Reginar).
    Yeah, no one can keep a Brabantian down when he puts his mind to the task at hand, least of all when he is a member of the House of Leuven.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsRome GoldVictoria 2

Brabant strong?

Yes, Brabant was strong in the Middle Ages, being the most powerful duchy in the Low Countries. It encompassed most of northern Belgium (the provinces of Antwerp, Flemish Brabant and Walloon Brabant) and the contemporary Dutch Province of North Brabant (which is my home province, as evidenced by my Dutch flag). It flourished through trade and its urban centres of Brussels, Louvain, Antwerp, Breda and 's-Hertogenbosch. Its influence extended far beyond the duchy's borders into Guelders, Jülich and towards the outskirts of Cologne.

My avatar name Hertog Jan is named after Duke John I of Brabant, who was considered the epitome of a true feudal prince. He was an accomplished poet and troubadour, a fearsome knight and tournament fighter, and a skilled ruler in affairs both foreign and domestic. He won the Battle of Worringen against a stronger alliance led by the Archbishop of Cologne. By winning this large battle he secured his succession to the Duchy of Limburg, becoming the most powerful lord between the rivers Scheldt, Rhine and Moselle. All over the contemporary territories of the ancient duchy of Brabant, references to John abound (mainly related to food and drink, the 'Burgundian' spirit).

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hate to brake it to you, but you have the FRENCH flag, not the dutch one. Blue and red are switched.

It is a flag from HoI III which runs from top to bottom, which means the part the is normally flown from the mast is up. A French flag? Certainly not. Yugoslav? Maybe.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charisma22 View Post
    In the 1066 post-invasion scenario, thats still before the Harrowing, so i would assume that in the North it should still be the English lords, but maybe if you skip forward a couple decades theyd be whatever normans displaced them, and if those are your Percys then thats who itd be. But if you start with the Norman Conquest, then its the Leofricssons plotting revolution throughout the North not the dogs of normandy who had yet to chase them out.
    Nationality: New Zealander One of what we all are, your companion and your friend.
    Religion: Roman Catholic I believe in you my brothers and sisters.
    Ideology: Distributist (I'm bored, so for the time being,) POPULIST.
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship I have no convictions I stand for the People, I stand for You.
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

We chose the Umfraville family over the Percy family, the county simply wasn't big enough for the two of them.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

+ Reply to Thread