• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is easily one of the single best features of AHD. Will do wonders for late game wars, in vanilla I usually hesitate to mobilize just because of the hassle to organize the troops.

I'm quite partial to the mass construction of stuff in the Military screen and the "build/expand in all provinces in state" hotkey.

Great AAR :)

I just have a question: What make a movement to act? For example, Sicily independentist movement have 500k members. With that number of persons why they dont do nothing?

even if they are organized it doesnt mean that they are ready to take up arms for their cause yet. They might be reasonably happy, yet still yearn for their independence. With a radicalism of only 13 that means they are still very much hopeful of the government listening to its people and are ok with waiting for the bureaucracy to churn away.

Nice! The national stockpile will probably have to go down for a while, in order to pay back some of that debt, but this war has been good! I notice there have been some national colour changes - I especially like Switzerland's new red - its previous colour was far too dull, IMO. Though I was rather fond of Belgium's brown...

AAR looks great, cannot wait for AHD.

even if they are organized it doesnt mean that they are ready to take up arms for their cause yet. They might be reasonably happy, yet still yearn for their independence. With a radicalism of only 13 that means they are still very much hopeful of the government listening to its people and are ok with waiting for the bureaucracy to churn away.

Thanks ;) Is there some table of radicalism levels scale?

Also, there should be a decision to move the Italian capital from Turin to Florence if Rome is not held, it makes more sense historically/geographically as this is what happened in 1864 to improve relationships with the French by "reassuring" Napoleon III that Rome was not an aim of the newly formed Italian state.

But again: who cares! :D

(And Turin is an awesome place btw.)

Actually they moved capital to Florence in order to manifest the intention to conquest Papal Rome and made it the new (or old?:laugh:) capital.
Alessandro Manzoni, member of the Parlament, was one of them who approved this decision and wished a future further movement.;)

Im AHD, will the peace negotiation finally be fixed? It's so annoying if you have a greater power than you as your ally and they then take command of negotiations (usually doing stupid stuff like IGNORING THE DEMANDS WHY YOU WENT TO WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE). It's also always fun to join a war of aggression of your ally only to then immediately white peace out (and of course your ally totally doesn't mind)...

Also, I really hope the game won't be one-sided after ~30 years when you have become the single unstoppable Greater Great Power on earth like it simply always ends for me in Vic2 because the AI doesn't give me a good fight at all...

Also, I really hope the game won't be one-sided after ~30 years when you have become the single unstoppable Greater Great Power on earth like it simply always ends for me in Vic2 because the AI doesn't give me a good fight at all...
This happens to you even if you play with, say, Portugal and you don't attempt doing totally implausible things like conquering the State of New York?

No, of course not. But what I mean is that if i take any of the 4 greatest powers Germany/Prussia, France, Great Britain, Russia, I will be the one who ends up as the best after maximum of 30 years. This is not because I play good but because the game is sooo easy to exploit.
After some time you are so powerful, you can just declare war on a country, take as many regions as possible before your badboy is too high... wait... repeat... then after some time you're so powerful you just take the world country by country, cause they won't build some kind of coalition to restore balance of power. This is one of my main gripes with the game - there is no system of a "balance of power". The AI just seems to think if a country conquers another country in Europe and the AI is not allied to either of them - who the hell cares?

Of course you could say now "just don't exploit". But that's the point: I WANT to exploit. I want to make absurd alliances and surprise-attack my enemy. I just want it to be challenging and not like it is right now.

No, of course not. But what I mean is that if i take any of the 4 greatest powers Germany/Prussia, France, Great Britain, Russia, I will be the one who ends up as the best after maximum of 30 years. This is not because I play good but because the game is sooo easy to exploit.
After some time you are so powerful, you can just declare war on a country, take as many regions as possible before your badboy is too high... wait... repeat... then after some time you're so powerful you just take the world country by country, cause they won't build some kind of coalition to restore balance of power. This is one of my main gripes with the game - there is no system of a "balance of power". The AI just seems to think if a country conquers another country in Europe and the AI is not allied to either of them - who the hell cares?

Of course you could say now "just don't exploit". But that's the point: I WANT to exploit. I want to make absurd alliances and surprise-attack my enemy. I just want it to be challenging and not like it is right now.
I agree with you.

The thing is that Victoria 2 puts you in the utterly ahistorical situation of being a sort of "guiding spirit" who can engineer your country's policies under a coherent and extensive strategy for one hundred years (and this applies for all such games). I think it is actually quite realistic that if a country with high potential were led under one competent strategist pursuing a single, long-term plan for a century, with the level of information that Victoria 2 gives you (and the level of foresight!), it would become a juggernaut. Whether that's good in gameplay terms is another matter.

There's also the matter of save/reloading.

Edit - I got caught up in this and forgot to say that the features in the AAR itself are very interesting, looking forward to getting this :)

If the late game economy were improved you wouldn't have to go to war >1900 to find something interesting to do.
Oh look my literacy is high enough and my capis are constantly building factories, huzzah! Now what?

Simply amazing!