+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Italia Irredenta! - a mini Beta-AAR for "A House Divided"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by JakopDalunde View Post
    This is easily one of the single best features of AHD. Will do wonders for late game wars, in vanilla I usually hesitate to mobilize just because of the hassle to organize the troops.
    I'm quite partial to the mass construction of stuff in the Military screen and the "build/expand in all provinces in state" hotkey.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

I just have a question: What make a movement to act? For example, Sicily independentist movement have 500k members. With that number of persons why they dont do nothing?

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For The GloryMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club

Great AAR
    But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.
    -Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by vanadio View Post
    I just have a question: What make a movement to act? For example, Sicily independentist movement have 500k members. With that number of persons why they dont do nothing?
    even if they are organized it doesnt mean that they are ready to take up arms for their cause yet. They might be reasonably happy, yet still yearn for their independence. With a radicalism of only 13 that means they are still very much hopeful of the government listening to its people and are ok with waiting for the bureaucracy to churn away.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Now retake Nice Savoy and Corisca from the french and Italia Irredenta will be complete!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Nice! The national stockpile will probably have to go down for a while, in order to pay back some of that debt, but this war has been good! I notice there have been some national colour changes - I especially like Switzerland's new red - its previous colour was far too dull, IMO. Though I was rather fond of Belgium's brown...
    My AARs: A History of the Wars of the Achaean League (EU Rome Gold) - ongoing --- Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- and more (all completed): check my inkwell

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

Harder Better Faster Stronger Bhaal's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

AAR looks great, cannot wait for AHD.
    "There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance" Ali bin Abu-Talib

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    even if they are organized it doesnt mean that they are ready to take up arms for their cause yet. They might be reasonably happy, yet still yearn for their independence. With a radicalism of only 13 that means they are still very much hopeful of the government listening to its people and are ok with waiting for the bureaucracy to churn away.
    Thanks Is there some table of radicalism levels scale?

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Very good to see. I'm looking forward to AHD quite a lot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    Also, there should be a decision to move the Italian capital from Turin to Florence if Rome is not held, it makes more sense historically/geographically as this is what happened in 1864 to improve relationships with the French by "reassuring" Napoleon III that Rome was not an aim of the newly formed Italian state.

But again: who cares!

(And Turin is an awesome place btw.)

Actually they moved capital to Florence in order to manifest the intention to conquest Papal Rome and made it the new (or old?) capital.
    Alessandro Manzoni, member of the Parlament, was one of them who approved this decision and wished a future further movement.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Teonori View Post
    Actually they moved capital to Florence in order to manifest the intention to conquest Papal Rome and made it the new (or old?) capital.
    Alessandro Manzoni, member of the Parlament, was one of them who approved this decision and wished a future further movement.
    Uhm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Convention

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    What does the "Suppress" button do on the movements screen?

Im AHD, will the peace negotiation finally be fixed? It's so annoying if you have a greater power than you as your ally and they then take command of negotiations (usually doing stupid stuff like IGNORING THE DEMANDS WHY YOU WENT TO WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE). It's also always fun to join a war of aggression of your ally only to then immediately white peace out (and of course your ally totally doesn't mind)...

Also, I really hope the game won't be one-sided after ~30 years when you have become the single unstoppable Greater Great Power on earth like it simply always ends for me in Vic2 because the AI doesn't give me a good fight at all...

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex0809 View Post
    Also, I really hope the game won't be one-sided after ~30 years when you have become the single unstoppable Greater Great Power on earth like it simply always ends for me in Vic2 because the AI doesn't give me a good fight at all...
    This happens to you even if you play with, say, Portugal and you don't attempt doing totally implausible things like conquering the State of New York?

No, of course not. But what I mean is that if i take any of the 4 greatest powers Germany/Prussia, France, Great Britain, Russia, I will be the one who ends up as the best after maximum of 30 years. This is not because I play good but because the game is sooo easy to exploit.
    After some time you are so powerful, you can just declare war on a country, take as many regions as possible before your badboy is too high... wait... repeat... then after some time you're so powerful you just take the world country by country, cause they won't build some kind of coalition to restore balance of power. This is one of my main gripes with the game - there is no system of a "balance of power". The AI just seems to think if a country conquers another country in Europe and the AI is not allied to either of them - who the hell cares?

Of course you could say now "just don't exploit". But that's the point: I WANT to exploit. I want to make absurd alliances and surprise-attack my enemy. I just want it to be challenging and not like it is right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex0809 View Post
    No, of course not. But what I mean is that if i take any of the 4 greatest powers Germany/Prussia, France, Great Britain, Russia, I will be the one who ends up as the best after maximum of 30 years. This is not because I play good but because the game is sooo easy to exploit.
    After some time you are so powerful, you can just declare war on a country, take as many regions as possible before your badboy is too high... wait... repeat... then after some time you're so powerful you just take the world country by country, cause they won't build some kind of coalition to restore balance of power. This is one of my main gripes with the game - there is no system of a "balance of power". The AI just seems to think if a country conquers another country in Europe and the AI is not allied to either of them - who the hell cares?

Of course you could say now "just don't exploit". But that's the point: I WANT to exploit. I want to make absurd alliances and surprise-attack my enemy. I just want it to be challenging and not like it is right now.
    I agree with you.

European Emperor Zechariah Zevi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

The thing is that Victoria 2 puts you in the utterly ahistorical situation of being a sort of "guiding spirit" who can engineer your country's policies under a coherent and extensive strategy for one hundred years (and this applies for all such games). I think it is actually quite realistic that if a country with high potential were led under one competent strategist pursuing a single, long-term plan for a century, with the level of information that Victoria 2 gives you (and the level of foresight!), it would become a juggernaut. Whether that's good in gameplay terms is another matter.

There's also the matter of save/reloading.

Edit - I got caught up in this and forgot to say that the features in the AAR itself are very interesting, looking forward to getting this

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed AndrewMarr's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

If the late game economy were improved you wouldn't have to go to war >1900 to find something interesting to do.
    Oh look my literacy is high enough and my capis are constantly building factories, huzzah! Now what?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Simply amazing!
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nine longs days until AHD. Nice AAR thought.
    Nationality: Canadian
    Religion: Atheism
    Ideology: anarcho syndicalism
    Issues: Internet censorship
    Current occupation: Philosophy student
    Cash Reserves: Very low
    Revolt Risk: +1
    Militancy: 3 (+0.1)
    Consciousness: 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast