• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Taiisatai64

General
58 Badges
Jan 28, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
God Amongst the Ashes

The Setting

Mankind has fled Earth, leaving behind a shattered world. For over two centuries, they have floated through space, subsisting on what little food they can grow in the dark hulls of their derelict spaceships. The reason for fleeing Earth has faded into myth, the true reason known only to Pyotr Kamarov, the Undying God-Emperor, and the first Psychic. For a generation, Pyotr alone guided the fleet, a hard chore that required intense concentration.

At the end of the generation, more men and women were born who exhibited Psychic ability. These men and women were trained by Pyotr himself, and assigned ships to captain, until eventually Pyotr was left only to guide the Flagship, Revenge of the Exile.

When Pyotr's body began to fail him, those remaining who still had Scientific training developed a machine to keep him alive, and his mind at work, but now he lies in a state of near-death, unable to die, but unable to project his thoughts through the haze of pain and fever that affects him constantly. The original Psykers he trained have passed away, and their disciples, and the disciples after them, until only seventeen remain; seventeen, for the seventeen ships where once there were hundreds.

These seventeen have no loyalty to the God-Emperor. Their senses, thrown ever wide, have finally detected one of the elusive "jump points", areas of space filled with enough energy to power the long-dormant Jump Engines attached to the Exodus's ships. It is believed that this jump point has enough stored energy to allow the fleet to jump to their destination; the lightyears distant "Destiny" star system. There are those, however, who would rather see the fleet pass by the jump point, and continue as it has. Men and women who have gathered power of a sort, on this lonely and terrible journey, and who are loth to give it up. And they will do anything to ensure that the fleet does not reach its destination in their lifetime, for they know that to reach a planet capable of holding life, will be as anathema to their newfound power. After all, what use is the navigator, if the destination has been reached?

Roleplaying

Players roleplay as one of the 17 Psyker-Navigators who captain and guide the ships of the Exodus Fleet. Players must choose a name for themselves and their ship, or I shall choose one for you. Four of the Psyker-Navigators have been corruped by the power they hold, and do not wish to relinquish it, while one of the Navigators has been possessed by Pyotr Kamarov, the Undying God-Emperor himself, who seeks to root out the corruption among the Navigators and keep the Fleet on course towards their destination.

Player Roles

12 x Psyker-Navigators of the Exile Fleet: The men and women who guide the ships of the fleet through the treacherous folds of space. They want for nothing but to aid the countless hundreds of millions who suffer aboard the decks of the Fleet's ships.

4 x Corrupted Psyker-Navigators: These men and women have grown fond of holding the power of life and death over their crew and passengers. They have established themselves as cruel tyrants, crime-lords who take whatever they want from the refugees they are supposed to be saving. With communication between ships often erratic, and small spacecraft rare and valuable, intership visitors are rare, and so the corrupt Navigators have been able to hide their malicious tyrrany from anyone in a position to stop them.

1 x Avatar of the Undying God-Emperor: This Navigator was unfortunate enough to be selected in infancy to become, in secret, possessed by the God-Emperor, who lives a new life through his eyes while his mortal body remains in a pain-wracked coma. Only he has the power to sift through the minds of the Navigators and discover who among them are the corrupt, and who the truthful.

The Deadline

The deadline shall be 08:00 GMT.

A vote posted at 08:00 GMT shall count. A vote posted at 08:01 GMT will not.

Voting ends at deadline even if I, the moderator, am not present. I will do my best to post results before 10:30 GMT.

EUROO7's Werewolf Lite Primer for Absolute Newbies
Werewolf Lite is a game of survival. Your main goal, no matter your role, is to survive. The game is played with seventeen players divided into two sides: the Villagers and Seer on one side, the Werewolves on the other. Each side's goal is to eliminate the other. Out of these seventeen, five are given a special role. Four are Werewolves, and One is a Seer. Their Identities must remain secret. If the Seer's identity is revealed, the Werewolves may hunt their most dangerous enemy. If the Werewolves' identities are revealed, the village will surely lynch the monsters.

The Game is divided into two sections. Day and Night. The game begins with a Night session. During the Night, the Werewolves hunt one person, and the Seer may discover the role of one player. During the day, the villagers must decide who is responsible for the murder of the night past.

Every game has a special theme. The theme for this game is above. Let your Werewolf Journey begin...

Stock Lite Rules

There shall be seventeen players. Special roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods are run concurrently, from one update till the next. Each update is 24 hours apart.

Each day, all players vote to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Tamius23-approved tie, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Standard Werewolf Rules

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, except to substitute for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Failure to vote will lead to immediate substitution.

§2A. – Players will vote daily. See Rule 1D.
§2B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted and be considered to be in violation Rule 2A.
§2C. – In the event of a tie all tied players will be executed.
§2D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline is considered dead. He will not reveal any inside information after the deadline. The presumed dead player should post in green text until his true role in confirmed.

§3A. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.
§3B. - Orders (scans, hunts, et cetera) are sent to the Game Moderator via PM.
§3C. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages missed due to inbox being full.

§4A. - Spectators and ghosts may comment, but never suggest a course of action, reveal any new information, including vote counts. Preferably spectators will comment only in a manner tangential to the actual game.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.
§7C. - The villager PM will be distributed to wolves and the seer to preclude cheating.

§8A. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text.
§8B. - If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE".
§8C. - In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote.
§8D. - Do not edit votes after posting them. If you make a mistake, like not bolding, unvote and revote in a new post.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM.

------- RULES COPIED FROM VAINGLORY'S PREVIOUS GAME.

IMPORTANT: MUST READ!

THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE BEING TESTED IN THIS GAME:

1. Deaths will only reveal allegiance, as suggested. The effect this will have over the game should be minimal, as it is a Lite, BUT it means that the village and wolves may continue to think the Seer is still alive after he is dead.

2. The Seer may not reveal himself or his scan results directly. This means no outings, but every piece of analysis could be the Seer trying to get the wolf he's scanned lynched. TO CLARIFY: NOONE MAY CLAIM TO BE THE SEER.

3. Ghosts can talk after death, and they will "win" if their side wins.

If in the case that these rules conflict with previously stated rules, these rules overwrite the Standard rules.

Last edited:
Player List:
1. Rendap as Tyler Vernon, Navigator of the Starfire was discovered innocent by the Congress of Minds on the second day.
2. Seen as Sean Stratfield, Navigator of the Crucible. His emotions and sensitivity to psionic emanations were used against him by the rogue Navigators, causing him to commit suicide in grand style on the third night.
3. Falc as Petyr Tyraan, alien-possessed and insane Psyker Navigator of the Stella Maris
4. the_hdk as Hector Dan-Kliff, Navigator of the Resolution
5. reis91 as Leon Reis, Navigator of the Pegasus
6. Bagricula subbed by enkhuush as Atreus, Psyker Navigator of the Myces
7. Yakmanas Yriz Maud, Navigator of the Eternal Dilligence
8. Capt. Kiwi as Jerrold Levert, Navigator of the Auckland
9. Randakar as Cesar Thibeau, Navigator of the Fingers of Dawn was killed by a mind-draining psionic attack on night 0.
10. Kingepyon as Russel Mathis, Navigator of the Sentry
11. Miotas as Lokir Sigrin, Navigator of the Valhalla
12. tamius23 as Jeffrey Reveles, Navigator of the Scipio was destroyed along with his ship in an engine malfunction, triggered by psionic interference on Night 2.
13. Suirantes as Andrew Hackney, Navigator of the White Templar was found to be guilty by the Congress, and was destroyed by the mindpower of Pyotr Kamarov, on Day 2.
14. marty99 as Logan Fey, Navigator of the Swordsman's Pride was killed by a fusion generator malfunction, triggered by psion-possessed engineers, on Night 1.
15. esemesas as Aleksandr Rurik, Navigator of the Deliverance was found to be guilty by the Congress, and was destroyed by the mindpower of Pyotr Kamarov, on Day 1.
16. RockingLuke as Jorge Hiles, Navigator of the Empty Horizons was found innocent by the Congress on Day 3.
17. Vainglory as Fizzgig Korelov, Navigator of the Magicienne

Last edited:
In

OUT. I'm skipping a lite because you've been mean to me :(

Also because I don't have enough time for both a lite and a big and I don't want to zombie through it like last time.

In as the captain of the Magicienne ... I have yet to decide a name.

I'd like this to be a no PM game, just to try the idea. You GMd in an exemplary fashion recently, Tai, so you should feel free to have a total disaster of a game and not worry. I think the no-PM rule will be fucking hard though, because some of us will have legitimate reason to PM one-another about either the Big or Diplomacy et cetera.

Btw, In. Don't like the setting much though (seriously, two games with God-Emperor, and none of them is about the God Emperor of Dune, Leto II, aka The Tyrant?)

A tragedy that ought to be rectified.

In as Atreus

How do you control that people do not share the role PM, or break ghost rules, hdk?

Btw, In. Don't like the setting much though (seriously, two games with God-Emperor, and none of them is about the God Emperor of Dune, Leto II, aka The Tyrant?)

I already hosted a Dune themed Lite once :)

and you dont control it. but no PMs is stupid. also how do wolfs and teh JL can communicate? how are hunts done without PMs?

Made-up one, at least according to google.

Thought so. Looks like a promising setting though. Like if Battlestar Galactica got frisky with Dune, and Dune wasn't on the pill.

I'd like a Dune-themed game. I've only read the first novel, though I own the other two in the original trilogy, and will buy the rest when I need them. So many books to read though; redoing LOTR, Aubrey-Maturin, and Gaunt's Ghosts, and then two books on recent political history here, and The Rational Optimist... simultaneously. It's my goal to read all of those before February. Anyway, Dune's a rich theme source, and frankly some of the recent themes haven't interested me much (I shall not say whose to avoid offense) although other recent ones have been superb.

What is this setting, anyway?

A personal invention. The full setting is quite immense, with a story spanning thousands of years and drawing inspiration from a myriad of other Sci-Fi worlds, from Warhammer 40K to Dune. It all focuses on Pyotr Kamarov, the first Psyker, and has a lot of religious and conspiracy theory overtones; angels and demons as an alien empire overcome by civil war; Earth was a biological testing station for the afore-mentioned race; stuff like that. Its all very cliche, but I'm proud of it none-the-less.

Thought so. Looks like a promising setting though. Like if Battlestar Galactica got frisky with Dune

Putting those two works in the same sentence should be reason for abandoning people in the desert.

Anyway, I thoroughly recommend reading the first 4(5 if you count the two volumes of Dune) books at least. Well, read the two first volumes and you should be compelled to read the next ones. Anything not written by Frank Herbert is written like cheap modern romances, and thus unworthy, imo. Joins Politics, Religion Engineering, Ecology, Mass Control, Jihad/Crusade, the role of drugs in society, clairvoyance and it's problems, etc... with a level of detail akin to Machiavelli's treatise on government.

Thought so. Looks like a promising setting though. Like if Battlestar Galactica got frisky with Dune, and Dune wasn't on the pill.

I'd like a Dune-themed game. I've only read the first novel, though I own the other two in the original trilogy, and will buy the rest when I need them. So many books to read though; redoing LOTR, Aubrey-Maturin, and Gaunt's Ghosts, and then two books on recent political history here, and The Rational Optimist... simultaneously. It's my goal to read all of those before February. Anyway, Dune's a rich theme source, and frankly some of the recent themes haven't interested me much (I shall not say whose to avoid offense) although other recent ones have been superb.
we did have a dune themed light game.

it was fun. i was a harkonen infiltrator i believe.

IN.