Basically, there are no peace rules. Only karma. If you demand a lot, expect to give up a lot if ever defeated. If you continuously ask for little when you win a war, expect to have little to be asked of you if you lose a war.
For new players, it is advisable to work through diplomacy and ask for only a few provinces in peace deals until you get more experienced. You don't want to win a war, ask for a whole lot, then have a more experienced player come by and ruin your nation because he can demand a lot from you in return for you demanding a lot from another nation.
There are, however, rules on how you may peace out of wars:
1. Peacing a player trough an AI is prohibited. There is an exception to this rule based on the fact that the AI nation was a player in the last session which was unable to find a sub.
2. A surrender is a surrender, and is definitive. Once you invoke surrender, peace must
be agreed to. You may not sit on his land refusing peace to drive up his WE and drive down his treasury, you must peace out ASAP. If the session ends after a surrender but before peace is worked out, get the peace deal finalized before the beginning of the next session. If the person who surrendered doesn't like the peace deal being offered by the attacker, he reserves the right to withdraw his surrender and continue fighting. Peace deals will be enforced by the GM and must be kept to.
3. Whenever there are two players in a war and one of them is the alliance leader, the alliance leader may not peace out with an enemy nation without the explicit permission of all the other player nations in the alliance. If this rule is not followed, the other player nations reserve the right to request that they be edited back into a state of war with the same strategical situation as when the alliance leader peace deal was made.
It is a players right to receive 2 rehosts per session. The procedure of rehosting is pretty familiar to you all ,of course, but I will sum it up just in case:
1. Host saves the game and GM tells everyone to restart their game.
2. Players rejoin the game
3. GM makes a headcount, tells everyone to select nations and tells the host to load the save.
4. Game starts again.
Please be alert in case of a rehost, no one wants a long dragging rehost, we want to have a fast routine evertime we need to rehost. Continual failure to co-operate in a fast rehost will cause us to leave without you. Our goal is to achieve a 5 minute deadline on rehosting. After your third drop, you will have to wait until the next rehost, if any come at all. In this time your nation will be AI'd. Keep stationary at steam so I can notify you fast when you will receive an rehost.
If anyone crashes during a game, or gets disconnected, that player must contact me on Steam to notify his condition and I will patch through when to receive a rehost. I am always available on Steam during the games and will instantly see if someone notifies me on Steam.
If a player is at war at his third drop, and notifies me of his return, we will rehost. As a GM, I retain the right to shorten the rightful rehosts to 1 later on in the game, or decide not to rehost a second time for a player, or to rehost a third time for a player. I also reserve the right to give a rehost at any given time.
I wish to note here, even if we get to 1820, the rehost rule is still in effect.