• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You should just narrate what you're thinking as you play the game, and not necessarily worry about demonstrating specific mechanics -- after all, the more you play, the more mechanics we'll see. I know narration is a bit harder to do in the moment than after the fact, but it will save you so much time and thus make it much easier to put more content out.

My favorite LP by far of those out there, and I'm not even done. Thanks a bunch SM!
You should just narrate what you're thinking as you play the game, and not necessarily worry about demonstrating specific mechanics -- after all, the more you play, the more mechanics we'll see. I know narration is a bit harder to do in the moment than after the fact, but it will save you so much time and thus make it much easier to put more content out.
It depends on the player, though. For those like me who have never played CK1 but have been reading everything they can about CK2, an LP like this is fantastic.

Actually seeing the mechanics applied and the different ways they can be played to your advantage not only makes the video more interesting, but helps others become better players. Reading is one thing, doing, or in this case watching someone play while they explain their strategy, makes a huge difference as far as comprehension goes.

For the vets, what you said definitely makes sense, but it is nice to have a couple like this for us newbies.

I necroed/bumped this as its very educational and hard to find in youtube.
SecretMaster dont you want to add some tags there.
There are just : Let's; Play;CK2.
Maybe some more like "Crusader, Kings, 2"
Maybe changing title to "Preview Version" if possible.
Just a thought, dont wanna annoy you.
Cheers

I am new to Paradox games. I appreciate the effort put in here, I hope to see the narrator slow down when playing. He pretty much played at a fast speed, and without a mouse to provide a familiar reference to the portion of the screen he was talking about, it is more difficult for me to take in.

I necroed/bumped this as its very educational and hard to find in youtube.
SecretMaster dont you want to add some tags there.
There are just : Let's; Play;CK2.
Maybe some more like "Crusader, Kings, 2"
Maybe changing title to "Preview Version" if possible.
Just a thought, dont wanna annoy you.
Cheers

I actually didn't think there would be any interest this late in the game. It's an old LP using an old version of the game engine. But since there appears to be interest, I'll go back and fiddle with the tags.

I am new to Paradox games. I appreciate the effort put in here, I hope to see the narrator slow down when playing. He pretty much played at a fast speed, and without a mouse to provide a familiar reference to the portion of the screen he was talking about, it is more difficult for me to take in.

If I make another one, I promise to tell Fraps to keep the mouse visible. :)

Hey that's interesting, thank you!

You're welcome.