• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The GM AAR part 9 - The Fall of the Seer

Taiisatai64 said:
Well that was a disaster. Of significant proportion. Oh, well, we (Sbr) did kill the Seer's apprentice, but the Seer is still an unknown, the Priest is hanging around somewhere, and we have two less cultists to achieve parity with. Yay.

*uses hunter trait on self*
Um?

Rendap said:
Greetings Randy,

As I see it, There are 3 possibilities of your conversation with Enkh yesterday:

1: You were Fishing and made 5 names up - Then I Probably die tonight.
2: You are the Sorc and gave the correct names - The I die tonight.
3: You are the Priest or a mouthpiece of the Priest - Then we have JL running again.

I take a leap of faith here and say that you must be the Priest or close enough.
I was afraid this would happen. I'd probably done it myself if I were Rendap but that's pretty much game over for the goodies now.

Day 6 and Night 6
Village lynched Suirantes 4th in command lover villager
GA Paen protected Kriszo the sorcerer's apprentice
GA jacob protected randakar the sorcerer (as if the sorcerer crowd wasn't in a good position already they got two GA protections)
Distiller Bagricula kept his rum to himself
Sorcerer scanned Falc the apprentice and gained a second apprentice
Rousseau hunted Rendap the seer

randakar said:
Awesome!

Hello falc, meet your new master!

And:
Kriszo, my first apprentice.
Vainglory, scanned cultist of swedenborg
Taiisataii, my cultist contact of rousseau
Trinitrotoluen, a baddie of rousseau (probably wolf, but he never said .. :0)

So yeah, me posing as the priest? PAY DIRT!!!

Sorry if I gloat for a little. But even if I lose the game now, I have already won. :D
Yes.

Trinitrotoluen said:
randakar said:
I'm thinking that we are pretty close to parity (modulo the whole inter-pack war thing) and we may be able to get away with forcing parity to happen a bit sooner by a massed assault of hunter shots and leader lynches :D
So how does the situation look like, parity wise? Vain, I'm looking at you here .. :)
We are still days away from parity (more if the Swedes do something stupid and restart inter-pack warfare) and I am thinking that you are making dangerous assumptions here:
a) that there isn't a Priest
b) that there isn't a second Seer around

For the record we currently control the leader trait. I would be far happier if we could continue to kill at least the most probable goodies through the next hunting cycle before we kill each other. I hope that you can make Vainglory and his masters see reason.

TNT discovers a slight flaw in my rules. Fortunately there was no active "evil toucher" in the game at this point.
randakar said:
Trinitrotoluen said:
Another idea I just had would be to use that curse of evil on humancalculator instead. Instead of a long drawn-out struggle we could end inter-pack warfare before it hopefully even begins with the minimal amount of baddie lives lost.

What do you think?
.. that.
TNT, you're brilliant.
I'd love to have King or sbr on our team, but really, this *is* the better option.

Day 7 and Night 7
Village lynched OrangeYoshi the Spiritually Attuned villager
GA Paen protected Nautilu the cultist
GA jacob protected Kriszo the sorcerer's apprentice
Sorcerer scanned Paendrag the GA
Swedenborg tried to hunt Paendrag the blessed GA

The GM AAR part 9 - The End

Trinitrotoluen said:
So, who do we hunt today? The no-kill night again certainly does not help matters so we don't know if the Swedes were after a villager or us...

hunt snoopdogg so that we have a provisional order in.

Trinitrotoluen said:
randakar said:
Not from me. King's scan cleared, so go right ahead and hunt him :)
So long as the swedes are good with that hunt I am good with it, too.
Personally I would rather hunt snoopdogg first but Kinge's demise may have to be moved up as he wants to go after Vainglory and seemingly has at least part of rendap's scanning list.

Let's see what the Swedes have to say (if anything).

randakar said:
Trinitrotoluen said:
Any news from the Swedenborgs...?
This:
Vainglory said:
Paendrag was their hunt last night. HC doesn't know that you know. Kiwi was in our pack, Pevergreen wasn't. HC directly refused to confirm EUROO7's numbers on wolves, despite confirming that there's only 1 other cultist left in the pack. I suspect cursed hits. He won't tell me much, he's too cautious.

I am fairly certain sbr was Swedenborg's first hunt. Make of that what you will.

walrus said:
Keep my brutal on Vainglory, but if he happens to tie with me, brutal randakar
IIRC walrus was the only goodie in this game that actually used his trait to do something that favoured the village.

Day 8 and Night 8
Village lynched walrus the brutal villager
walrus brutalized Vainglory the SA hunter cultist
GA Paen protected the corpse of Vainglory
GA jacob protected the corpse of Vainglory so the GAs have turned into necromancers now or what?
Sorcerer scanned Nautilu the cultist
Rousseau hunted snoopdogg the foreign 6th in command SA turned brutal werewolf

That went better for the village than they deserved. Can they really make a comeback?

humancalculator said:
Well, we just lost our contact with the sorc. Do you want me to tell Nautilu to contact Randakar, or would it be better to wait a few days?
This shouldn't be a problem now.

randakar said:
Trinitrotoluen said:
randakar (to Nautilu) said:
Are you with the swedes or rousseau?
With vain we kinda lost our swede contact so I'd love it if you could help us out.
He isn't ours so he is likely a Swede.

Sorry about snoopdogg but this is the price of too much secrecy from your side. We made never any secret about who we were going to hunt (either snoop or kinge) so we refuse to take full responsibility for this as there was plenty of time to steer us towards Kinge or anyone esle.

Losing Vainglory as well sucks a bit, especially after swinging the vote away from him. That may hurt us later on.

Yep.
He was the last unknown cultist, isn't he?

Mission accomplished.
No scan order today
I really don't see why I should keep going :p

johho888 said:
Nautilu said:
I can win with any pack correct?
correct
And why would you be asking that, pray? :D

Day 9 and Night 9
Village lynched Paendrag the blessed GA and esemesas the womanizer villager
Sorcerer scanned Lord_D the werewolf (and the one that insisted the sorcerer kept scanning ;))
Swedenborg hunted jacob-Lundgren the GA
GM autokilled Kriszo the sorcerer's apprentice and Najs the SA village (they wanted out and I didn't feel like subbing in anyone for 1-2 days of play)

Swedenborg really needed to hit a Rousseau here for the game to drag out much longer.
Also why isn't the goodie roleblocker doing anything? By now the chances are he wouldn't accidentally spoil a goodie action?
Also why is tamius24 sitting on his unused priestly powers? Doesn't he realize the game is soon/already over?

randakar said:
Alive: 13.

Need I say more?

Barring extreme luck - basically, the packs murdering each other - this game is over for the village.
All that remains is the question which pack will win.

It's unfortunate that Kriszo got autokilled, but given the game just lost 2 GA's and a random villager in exchange I'd say it's looking .. interesting.

(The SL is 4 people. 3 wolves in Rousseau, 2-3 wolves in Swedenborg. At least 9 people out of 13 are evil. Possibly, 10 out of 13.)

Trying to figure out who the last Swedenborg wolf is:
Trinitrotoluen said:
Let's attempt to end the game tonight. We have a leaderlynch, a hunt, and a hunter (I think?) to use. 13 people left in the game.

Our pack:
randakar as Dr. Zachary Smith
Falc as Gerardus Mercator the Flemish cartographer
Trinitrotolouen as M. Tolouen
Lord_D as Lord D, traveling incognito
Taiisatai64 as Rikugun Sho-i Satai

Known enemy pack:
humancalculator as dr Abacus
Nautilu as il dottore Nautilu

Unknowns:
Kingepyon as M. Pyon
Rockingluke as Luke the boatswain
Bagricula subbed by Boris ze Spider2 as Lothario Pinns, Cabin Boy Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
AOK.11 subbed by tamius24 as mr Crowley
sbr as mr Steinbrenner
the_hdk subbed by walrus2 as herr doktor Kant

sbr probably isn't the last unknown wolf as he's too happy to go after Nautilu. Bagricula was what, said to be scanned? I have no idea on the other 4 but perhaps there's more clues to find through analysis.

Lord_D said:
Judging from the votes, it probably isn't tamius or rockingluke either. That leaves the_hdk and kingepyon. I'm betting on the_hdk. Argh all these subs. the_hdk got subbed by walrus apparently. Walrus then.

Feel free to analyze further. I thought we had a hunter right? My proposal would be to shoot the most likely wolf (on the off chance that he also has a hunter trait), and hunt the second most likely. And lynch humancalculator.

randakar said:
As you can see, sbr, bag and king were scanned as non-wolves by the seer. On top of that King got vain killed after the no-hunt, so he's almost certainly a villager. And then we don't have a lot of suspects left. It's either the_hdk, or tamius as a remaining wolf.

And finally they meet..
randakar said:
Lord_D said:
Oh, hello randy. Nice to meet ;-)
Hello there, master :)

Or you can just skip analyzing and go straight for blackmail. That works too.
randakar said:
Ok. Here's the deal. If the swedenborg pack dies tonight, the game is over, and you will have won. Rousseau has the tools to bring them down, all they need is information.

So: Tell us what you know of them. Who is your master, how many are they, what traits do they have - everything.

randakar said:
randakar said:
Nautilu said:
humancalculator said:
Nautilu said:
Understood, I myself do not have much time either today. Will tell Randakar about being in the swede pack.

Also ask if he has any solid guesses as to who the priest is. If we can get him, the village will be 110% hopeless (they look about 100% hopeless right now).

According to my count, there are 9 baddies (me, you, walrus in one pack and randakar, falc, tnt, taiisatia, ?, and ? (based on what vainglory told me) in the other pack) vs. 4 goodies. A baddie victory is already guaranteed, but which pack will win is still up in the air (but I will admit that we are behind the other pack in terms of numbers).

I really wish we still had vainglory, as we could use his hunter trait in order to kill Kingepyon (who I think is a wolf). Sbr is also a likely suspect, but our next hunt should be TNT as he is 100% a wolf.
There you go guys. Krizos death has indeed proven you a sorc. HC is my wolf master, walrus I am not sure about. I do not care which pack wins, as long as I am alive.

The 'priest' was me, posing as a priest.
I'm amazed that vain didn't got that bit through to the swedes :D

Nautilu said:
humancalculator said:
We have 3 members, the other pack has ~6, and there are 4 villagers left.

Based on simple math, we need to do something today. I am thinking that I will come out at declare TNT a baddie (he is a wolf) and hope that his pack does not kill one of us tonight. That will leave us with 2 wolves a piece and with the hunt that night.

I don't trust the village to do anything other than kill another villager today, so it's now or never.
Also FYI. If you guys want to go ahead and out someone best to do it today.

Fair enough.
@rousseau - want me to do something now?
That leader trait will be .. usefull. :p

Nautilu said:
humancalculator said:
Nautilu said:
humancalculator said:
We have 3 members, the other pack has ~6, and there are 4 villagers left.

Based on simple math, we need to do something today. I am thinking that I will come out at declare TNT a baddie (he is a wolf) and hope that his pack does not kill one of us tonight. That will leave us with 2 wolves a piece and with the hunt that night.

I don't trust the village to do anything other than kill another villager today, so it's now or never.
Walrus is a wolf? Or some other useful trait?

Yes, walrus subbed the_hdk the wolf. It was a good idea to keep things compartmentalized, but with so few players left there is no point to bother.

I will declare TNT a baddie, hopefully the village will bite, and it will buy the Rousseau pack another day at least since we have the hunt next. Of course, this could all go wrong, but math is working against us right now.

If I get hunted, please tell walrus what happened, as his inbox is full. That is why I had to tell you this.
HC and Walrus are wolfes

Right. I had it narrowed down to the_hdk/walrus or tamius.
Seems that I got it down pretty nicely.

Question is: What are we going to do?
Competing outings, anyone?

Ok, thinking this through: TNT, you are going to have to go online and claim to be a witness who spotted HC hunting tonight ASAP.
Lord_d, set a leader order to save TNT and lynch HC or walrus instead if possible.
Taii, go set a hunt order on either one that is still alive at the deadline. As backup set a hunt on both of them, with another backup on tamius should nautilu be playing us false or getting fed wrong info.

As long as we don't have villagers with hunter traits or brutalizations firing on lynching HC we should be good here.

Followed by hordes of PMs in which the Rousseau tried to cover every loophole ending with this:
Lord_D said:
randakar said:
Lord_D said:
randakar said:
Taiisatai64 said:
*cocks pistol*

Hunt Walrus or Humancalculater, whichever is alive at deadline. If both are alive, hunt Humancalculater.

Is this correct, guys?
Actually, make that:

Hunt humancalculator
Backup tamius23
Backup walrus

In that order. HC shouldn't survive the lynch, but if he does, shoot him anyway. tamius is likely a villager which makes him a prime wolf hunt target, to cover our rear if walrus isn't a wolf.

The wolf hunt should be:

Hunt humancalculator if still alive.
If tamius or walrus got shot and wasn't a wolf, hunt the other one.
If walrus or tamius got shot and was a wolf, hunt sbr.

Reasoning being that sbr seems the most likely curse turn, he isn't a hunter anymore, and if we kill both hc AND the other wolf AND the game isn't over yet a curse is the only thing I can think of that causes that.

The wolves agree. Our hunt will be carried out in the way randakar suggested.
With a backup list if somehow nobody gets shot:

walrus
tamius
sbr

:p
(Sorry, I am obsessing about contingencies that won't happen, but I guess it can't hurt)
What he said.

If somehow I get shot we hunt randakar btw.

;-)

Ok that's a joke. :p

Day 10 and Night 10
Village lynched humancalculator the blessed werewolf
Distiller Bagricula/Boris2 kept his rum to himself
Sorcerer scanned Bagricula/Boris2 the villager
Taiisatai64 the hunter shot tamius23 the villager with cloak of invisibility and priestly powers Both of them still unused. Does he think he can keep them till next game?
Rousseau hunted the_hdk/walrus the plotter werewolf

Sorcerer scanned Lord_D the werewolf (and the one that insisted the sorcerer kept scanning )

Oh real funny :D

So what was the loophole that could cause the swedes to still win the game?

So what was the loophole that could cause the swedes to still win the game?
I thought there was one... Hm. But what was it?

I think it involved a goodie+Swedenborg pact. Lets see if we can construct something:

What if Boris2/Bagricula role blocked Taii? Hm, no, that still wouldn't work.
What if tamius wore his cloak? No, same effect as the role blocker.

Could the goodies and Swedenborg set up the lynch so that Lord_D couldn't lynch a wolf? I don't think so. At least not if some of the sorcerers/cultists backed you up in pushing for humancalculator and I think they would have.

No. If there was a loophole I can't find it anymore. Maybe this was something I thought before the last "With a backup list if somehow nobody gets shot:" amendment?

I thought there was one... Hm. But what was it?

I think it involved a goodie+Swedenborg pact. Lets see if we can construct something:

What if Boris2/Bagricula role blocked Taii? Hm, no, that still wouldn't work.
What if tamius wore his cloak? No, same effect as the role blocker.

Could the goodies and Swedenborg set up the lynch so that Lord_D couldn't lynch a wolf? I don't think so. At least not if some of the sorcerers/cultists backed you up in pushing for humancalculator and I think they would have.

No. If there was a loophole I can't find it anymore. Maybe this was something I thought before the last "With a backup list if somehow nobody gets shot:" amendment?

Seems we covered everything nicely then :)

Once again thanks for hosting and writing this excellent GM AAR johho, it was a pleasure to read.

It was a good game. Annoyed to miss out on the win because of Walrus's misinterpretation of my vote... doubt I'd have been lynched, surely wouldn't have been hunted, so a death that way was really disappointing.

And this is exactly why I tried to keep everything compartmentalized until the very last day. By then I realized that our cause was hopeless, so it was worth it to spill my guts to Nautilu in the hope he wouldn't betray us.

Of course, our pack probably should have taken randy up on his offer early on, but that never worked out and by the time that I actually wanted to try that, it was too late as the other pack outnumbered us significantly.

EDIT: Congratz to the other pack, for successfully covering EVERY single loophole. And thanks Johho! That was a fun game! :D

I don't blame you for attempting to keep me out of the loop at all. It's understandable.

But it also made team evil's game a fair bit more difficult. eg. if I had known about nautilu earlier, there would have been no reason for me to take risks scanning him later, and you guys would never had to worry about losing him to hunts early. If I had known about Capt. Kiwi and pever the two roleblocking cultists, I would have told Capt. Kiwi to stay at home and roleblock someone else. If you had told the swedes (through the sorcerous league) to not hunt snoopdogg when they asked if hunting him was OK, they might have done so in an attempt to keep the peace between packs a bit longer. Ditto for Euro. And so on.