• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
0 Cards

Hang on a moment, I am a Human! Why everyone think I am a cylon! :blink:

What's with all the discrimination against Cylons anyway? I mean sure, we mercilessly killed billions of humans in a surprise attack, and we've been pursuing the few remaining survivors and are intent on killing them as soon as possible, but can't we all just get along for a few seconds?

What's with all the discrimination against Cylons anyway? I mean sure, we mercilessly killed billions of humans in a surprise attack, and we've been pursuing the few remaining survivors and are intent on killing them as soon as possible, but can't we all just get along for a few seconds?

They do, eventually.

It was all just a big misunderstanding. But until they figure that out....run!

They do, eventually.

It was all just a big misunderstanding. But until they figure that out....run!

I've seen the end, so I know they eventually do reach some form of agreement, but I never saw the middle of the series. I never did find out why the cylons decided to attack, or why they changed their minds.

I've seen the end, so I know they eventually do reach some form of agreement, but I never saw the middle of the series. I never did find out why the cylons decided to attack, or why they changed their minds.

Cause Cavil hates everyone ( I think it was Cavil). Once they figured that out they made up pretty quick.

Cause Cavil hates everyone ( I think it was Cavil). Once they figured that out they made up pretty quick.

Mm. All I remember seeing of Cavil was him killing himself near the end. I think the show got moved to a night I couldn't watch for season 2 - I saw Kobol, but I think that was the end of season 1. Looking at the synopsis for 2 a few parts are familiar, but I think I only saw bits and pieces.

Kiwi: Answer in the spoiler tag.

In season 4 when they find "Earth" both cylons and Humans have realised this conflict is not new, this conflict has happened before and was simply a cycle that happened over and over again. (1: Humans created cylons to help with their work, 2: Cylons rebelled and killed most of the Humans, 3: Humans flee, 4: Human finds a new home and the cycle starts again). That was why Apollo proposed to others to stop using existing technology when they get to our Earth and hope to start afresh to break this cycle of violence.

The reason Cylons changed their mind is similar to the Humans. At the beginning they see each other as enemies, but as the series continue they start to doubt that assumption. Such as Athena eventually become a colonial officer despite being a known cylon and some cylons (such as the six) start to believe Humans do deserve a second chance. That was why the cylons chose to occupy New Caprica after Galactica and Pegasus jumped away instead of just bombing the remaining Humans out of existance.

It's a very brief answer but since it spans over several seasons, you will probably have to watch it yourself if you want a more detailed version.

Kiwi: Answer in the spoiler tag.

In season 4 when they find "Earth" both cylons and Humans have realised this conflict is not new, this conflict has happened before and was simply a cycle that happened over and over again. (1: Humans created cylons to help with their work, 2: Cylons rebelled and killed most of the Humans, 3: Humans flee, 4: Human finds a new home and the cycle starts again). That was why Apollo proposed to others to stop using existing technology when they get to our Earth and hope to start afresh to break this cycle of violence.

The reason Cylons changed their mind is similar to the Humans. At the beginning they see each other as enemies, but as the series continue they start to doubt that assumption. Such as Athena eventually become a colonial officer despite being a known cylon and some cylons (such as the six) start to believe Humans do deserve a second chance. That was why the cylons chose to occupy New Caprica after Galactica and Pegasus jumped away instead of just bombing the remaining Humans out of existance.

It's a very brief answer but since it spans over several seasons, you will probably have to watch it yourself if you want a more detailed version.

At the start of the show, the final five were already trying to prevent the humans and Cylons from starting a war. Cavil caught on and wiped their memories.

At the start of the show, the final five were already trying to prevent the humans and Cylons from starting a war. Cavil caught on and wiped their memories.

That's true, but that's because they already been through a nuclear war once, the entire purpose of them travelling from Earth to Caprica was to alert Humans to the danger of creating a cylon.

1 strong, 1 weak.

Code:
[b]POL/LEA = 7[/b]
Leadership-1 (Major Victory)
Leadership-2 (Executive Order)
Leadership-3 (At Any Cost)
Leadership-5 (At Any Cost)

Engineering-4 (Scientific Research)

11 - 4 = 7 PASS!

A perfect pass, No effect.

Raiders activate. Raider added to 8.

No Jump prep.

Capt. Kiwi draws Treachery/1, Piloting/1

Turn 23

Code:
[b][u]Player Status[/u][/b]
[i]Bolded player has the turn.[/i]
1. Jopi: Admiral Saul Tigh [8+2N+3Q] OPG USED
2. Kingepyon :   Starbuck [7]
3. [b][color=red]Capt. Kiwi : "Chief" Galen Tyrol [4+2+1S][/color][/b]
4. glasszon : President Tory Foster [9] 
5. Trinitrotoluen: "CAG Kat" [8]  

Destiny Deck [04]

Code:
[b][u]Fleet Status[/u][/b]          [b]Distance[/b]       6/8

[b]Food[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]06/08[/COLOR]      [b]Vipers[/b]         0 Active, 3 in Reserve, 3 Damaged
[b]Fuel[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]05/08[/COLOR]      [b]Vipers VII[/b]     0 Active, 0 in Reserve, 4 Damaged
[b]Morale[/b]     [COLOR="lime"]08/10[/COLOR]      [b]Raptors[/b]        1 in Reserve
[b]Population[/b] [COLOR="red"]05/12[/COLOR]      

Cylon Boarding [ ] - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ][/COLOR]    -          [COLOR="Red"] [ DEATH  ][/COLOR]
Pursuit Track  [ ] - [COLOR="yellow"][ ] 1c[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][X][/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ] 2c[/COLOR] -          [COLOR="Red"] [ ATTACK ][/COLOR]
Jump Prep      [X] - [COLOR="wheat"][ ][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ] 3p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ] 1p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Lime"] [ *JUMP* ][/COLOR]

Reserve   Civs  4
Active    Civs  1
Destroyed Civs  7

Ships and Resources Remaining
-- 1 Pop            x3
-- 1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
-- 2 Pop            x1
-- Galactica Fuel Damage Token 
-- Basestars x 0
-- Raiders x 4
-- Heavy x 0
-- Boarding Parties x4

Code:
[b]Galactica[/b]  (3/6 Damage)
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]FTL Control[/i] 
[COLOR="red"]*[/COLOR] [i]Weapons Control[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Command[/i] Jopi: President CAG Admiral Saul Tigh
[i]Communications[/i] glasszon : Tory Foster   
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Admiral’s Quarters[/i] Kingepyon : Starbuck
[i]Research Lab[/i]  
[COLOR="red"]*[/COLOR] [i]Hangar Deck[/i] 
[COLOR="red"]*[/COLOR] [i]Armory[/i]  
[i]Sickbay[/i] 
[i]Brig[/i]  Trinitrotoluen: "Kat"

[b]Pegasus[/b] (2/4 Damage)
[COLOR="red"]*[/COLOR] [i]Pegasus CIC[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Airlock[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Main Batteries[/i] 
[COLOR="red"]*[/COLOR] [i]Engine Room[/i]
Code:
[b]Colonial One[/b]
[COLOR="Lime"][i]Press Room[/i][/color] 
[COLOR="Lime"][i]President’s Office[/i][/color]
[COLOR="Lime"][i]Administration[/i][/color] 

[b]Cylon Locations[/b]
[i]Caprica[/i]  [color=red]Capt. Kiwi : "Chief" Tyrol[/color]
[i]Cylon Fleet[/i] 
[i]Human Fleet[/i]  
[i]Resurrection Ship[/i]
[i]BaseStar Bridge[/i] 

[b]Off-ship:[/b]

Main Board
Code:
\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       /
        \Civx1 |      /
         \     |     /
          \    |    /
           \   |   /
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \           
           /   |   \
          /    |    \
         /     |     \
        /      |      \      
       /       |       \
      /        |        \
     /         |         \
    /          |          \
   /           |           \
  /            |            \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

TLRTCx1 Is the raider that refused to miss a single shot.

Cylon Fleet Board
Code:
CYLON FLEET

\      5-6     |      3       /  
 \             |             /
  \            | BaseStarx1 /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       /
        \      |      /
         \     |     /
          \    |    /
           \   |   /
            \  |  /   
7 Heavyx2    \ | /            
| Basestarx1  \|/               1
8 Raidersx1   /|\                      
             / | \   
            /  |  \            
           /   |   \  
          /    |    \    
         /     |     \    
        /      |      \   
       /       |       \
      /        |        \
     /         |         \
    /          |          \
   / Heavyx2   |Raidersx13 \
  / TLRTCx1    |            \
 /  Raidersx1  |             \
/       4      |      2       \

Cards in play:

PROBATION on Starbuck

Action: Give this card to any player. After he plays cards into a skill check, you may discard this card to look at the cards he played.

Capt. Kiwi has preloaded his turn.
Preload Super Crisis for my turn.

Capt. Kiwi moves to Capira and plays the following.

Code:
SUPER CRISIS: Cylon Intruders 

Skill check: LEA/TAC = 18 
PASS: No Effect 
14+: Place 1 Centurion marker at the beginning of the Boarding Party track. 
FAIL: Damage Galactica once and place 2 Centurion markers at the beginning of the Boarding Party track.

Action queue:
=>Players play cards

Yeah, like we need another damage token... :(

Anyway, could our dear turncoat ex-President please play his cards while the rest of us discuss options? Thanks.

And that is why you got away very lightly with those 43 raider shots getting only two hits.

2 cards.