• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(433747)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 12, 2012
  • Pillars of Eternity
On warband i got reported 11 times and i have evidence that it was for leaving a clan so paradox called my phone and said that i got banned. But the message also said that there was a website i can complain to but i couldnt hear it so i would like to know where i am meant to complain to.

Wait, where would Paradox would have gotten your phone number from? You didn't have any friends in that Clan that could be pranking you? And where are you banned from? Warband works with several servers, no? You get banned from individual servers, or has your account been banned?

Wait, where would Paradox would have gotten your phone number from? You didn't have any friends in that Clan that could be pranking you? And where are you banned from? Warband works with several servers, no? You get banned from individual servers, or has your account been banned?

I suppose he could mean that he got banned from the taleworlds forum, the forum may have been unclear about making him aware of what had happened, he then might have called customer support and asked what has happened, they investigated and called him back to tell him what had happened. I will leave it for him to confirm or deny, can't get any better conclusions with such limited information...

What happened was that the guy who reported me probably did it on my steam profile and in that report it would ask which game he wants to report me with. I came to this conclusion because i asked this question To steam and they said they said that this is a third party problem. So it brought me here, from taking the different route.

i wouldnt call what he did a prank because whenever im in the same game as him he calls me a traitor and i think that he genuinly hates me for leaving the clan.

Steam would have my phone number and maybe paradox got it from or it was steam calling on behalf of paradox, i cant really tell because it was hard to hear the message properly (probably from bad reception).

I thought that it said that i will be banned from warband in 48 hours but it actually said that it will end after 48 hours. I thought it because on my profile it didnt mention a ban yet. So i went on warband about 45 hours before the ban would end (everything was normal) and was able to get proof evidence from him rhat only he reported me and that it was only for leaving the clan. Later i got another call from the automated message saying i was abnned from all of paradox interactive online for 2 months. Therefore i got banned when going into warband online and now paradox.

Sorry about this and the last message because i wrote it on my i pod and didnt have enough time to put
much detail in last time.

My evidence is a screenshot of our conversation and can sttach it when i get home

Make it ready to attach or mail, but don't do it yet. I've reported your issue, but it might be a while before it is acted upon (it being weekend now and all)

Meanwhile: How is this ban affecting you? Where can you not log on, play, or anything similar?

nothing to do with this forum, and I have never heard of any internet site calling someone to ban them, We for example would do it by e-mail to the address on file.

the ban doesn't affect me at all besides me getting called saying that the ban has been changed to 2 months instead of two days and banned me from all of the paradox interactive games. but i don't want to risk going into the game again because they said that they will ban me for 6 months and they'll delete everything in the game. The message also said that they can't actually stop me from going into the game for some reason but they call me if i go on the game.

The only proof i have that he reported me for no reason is an interview i did with him which i took a screenshot of right before getting the ban changed to 2 months. i have the screenshot on my steam profile 'Horse Piddles' but also one which has been edited (I circled the conversation).

i've never copied a quote before like what Samilou did so i hope that this does it.
Castellon
nothing to do with this forum, and I have never heard of any internet site calling someone to ban them, We for example would do it by e-mail to the address on file.

Well i went to steam support and it brought me to this site.
And what do you mean 'e-mail to the address on file'

Thanks

I think whoever called you, has made himself guilty to fraud. If you feel convinced of that, you should file a police report if you haven't actually been banned from anywhere. If Taleworlds or Paradox would ban you, you would NOT be able to log in with your account.

You did right in leaving such an abusive clan.

the ban doesn't affect me at all

This is pretty much what proves that someone is pranking you. (Although like Samilou says, fraud is a more correct description by now).

You haven't been banned, someone is just stalking you on Steam and then calling you to make phony threats when they see you are playing. Do you have a number presenter on your phone so you can see who is calling?

In the last few days i thought that it could have been fake but what could explain getting my number, calling at the right time after i went into the game, having an automated message, and that person said he reported me.

It said that it was a private number calling me.

This might mean something, after i got the call and hung up, it kept on calling a minute later until, i had pressed 1 to agree to something and to find out what website i complain to.

The message also said that the ban won't take any affect but i couldn't hear what it said after that.

I'm not sure if i should just play yet in case it's real.

Thanks

Does anyone here work at Paradox?

ok i just played warband and everything was fine, therefore it and i think know who did it.

Last edited:
If you play a game through Steam, your friends can see what you are playing. (Possibly everyone - I don't know the details since I avoid Steam)

Recording things can be done on cellphones and the like.

And Castellon works for Paradox - that's what his huge shield with the Paradox logo means.

Well, he could only say if you had been banned by Paradox, but Steam, Taleworlds and whoever runs your server could also ban you. Or in this case it seems they haven't either..

Well, the someone needs to have found your phone number, and felt they had a reason to pull such a stunt. The list should be reasonably small, but it might still be hard to pinpoint the perpetrator.