• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bman1234

Colonel
18 Badges
Sep 19, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • East India Company Collection
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
Is it possible for the Privateer to build ships? If so, how? None of the ports whose countries are Friendly or Favourable with me will let me, and the Privateer can't capture a port because there's no button that let's him do that. Or am I really missing something basic?

Is it possible for the Privateer to build ships? If so, how? None of the ports whose countries are Friendly or Favourable with me will let me, and the Privateer can't capture a port because there's no button that let's him do that. Or am I really missing something basic?

As far as I know you can only build ships in ports your country owns and as you don´t have a country you can´t build any.
But where´s the problem? You can capture more ships than you´ll ever need in battle.

But where´s the problem? You can capture more ships than you´ll ever need in battle.

I know you can capture, but I was just curious if I was missing something basic about the ability to build. As a person who plays many Paradox games, I'm sure you are aware that you can sometimes play one of the games for a considerable length of time before you discover something that you can or cannot do in the game. Thanks for the answer.