• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well try thinking of all the poor americans who cannot play it because the game is not in american :(

:rolleyes:

but seriously, If you're going to be playing complicated grand strategy games with lots of words even people in the UK or US might not know, that it might be a harder translation than some other games; no voice acting obviously, but... And of course Paradox isn't a very big company.

I think Portuguese should be mandatory.

What about the difference of portuguese and brazilian ?
There seem to be some brazilian fans. Are there enough to make a localisation ?

I would never play this game in finnish. For some odd reason games in finnish make me think I'm playing some game ment for kindergarten children. All games have been in english and I would never change it to my own language.

Hehe, it is the same for me and Icelandic. But I have on the other hand nothing against translations for people who need it or want it.

Catalonia? If there are enthusiasts - will be!
In Russia, many enthusiasts.
Two active site-Forum. :happy:

Each will make their translation.
I saw the Pirate Sengoku, on the counter of a stall. With the transfer of "our" site.
If the location is not, I'll be working on "amateur localization."
I do not know much English. But all the terms and their meanings are familiar to me.

I have a good style of writing. (only in Russian).
My friends and I will make reasonable "transfer". I do not doubt it.
... But, I want to see next to IKEA in the media market on the shelf.
We have a new Star Wars online. I really want to CK2.
I feel naughty child.:blush:

Well, it is a Swedish company and there wont be any Swedish localization, so they are at least fair. Maybe just the typical Swedish thing of thinking that everyone learns English at an early age in school and will work for everyone;)

Though most swedes will switch the language to english localization anyway, playing some games in swedish is just wierd .. like the Godfaather, or Lord of the Rings

Cenega Poland doesn't announce any publishing plans for CK2, so I don't believe I would bet on my native language included in game. Of course, that's not a problem for me, although it would be nice to play it in polish. But it seems I have no chance for it without any fan-made translations...

In XVI century, Mikołaj Rej wrote: "A niechaj narodowie wżdy postronni znają, iż Polacy nie gęsi, iż swój język mają." (And let the foreign nations always know, that Poles have not goose*, but own language - it's my own translation, with correct meaning**)

And kalistor, приветствую братского народа ;)

* - Author meant latin language by it, as sounded for him like a gaggle.
** - in Poland, we commonly read it as "geese", so most of us just misunderstood it (Poles are not geese and have own language - common, but incorrect interpretation).

well interpretation isn't about making the correct translation, it making a understable translation, that the one reading the translation will understand. In this case a non-polish speaking wont understand the part with "that Poles have not goose*, but own language" instead a good translation turn it into "Poles are not geese and have own language" which make sense.

I have the same problem translating between danish and swedish 2 languages I have grown up with and are my mother languages but still there are words and sentences that I need to change to make it understable in the other language.

well interpretation isn't about making the correct translation, it making a understable translation, that the one reading the translation will understand. In this case a non-polish speaking wont understand the part with "that Poles have not goose*, but own language" instead a good translation turn it into "Poles are not geese and have own language" which make sense.
The problem is, what author meant by writing "gęsi" in here. And he meant latin language by it. After about 400 years, it could be forgotten, especially when it wasn't in common to call it like that.
Our grammar is more difficult than english, and there are differences between modern and old polish language. So when you didn't know what you should read you could simply misunderstood it. That's why "gęsi", used as adjective goose, is used to be read as plural noun geese. Sometimes it's easier to see the difference, when you try to translate it.

will the german version be available on gamersgate and/or is there a different release date for it?
The gamersgate version will be english after you download it but you can change it into german by opening a simple text file.
At least that's how it was in all previous games. So the versions are "multi-language" ^^

Can I get a text file CK2, to translate them into Russian?
This is an extremely important issue for me.
Translation CK2 take many weeks. And I want to start now.
Can somebody help me with this?
My skype mak_mc_23