+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Translations into other languages. "Localization".

But foremost a crapy translation is a real danger. I play it in the language its design in
    Never underestimate the power of Google

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

well try thinking of all the poor americans who cannot play it because the game is not in american

but seriously, If you're going to be playing complicated grand strategy games with lots of words even people in the UK or US might not know, that it might be a harder translation than some other games; no voice acting obviously, but... And of course Paradox isn't a very big company.

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MaKaPoH View Post
    I think Portuguese should be mandatory.
    What about the difference of portuguese and brazilian ?
    There seem to be some brazilian fans. Are there enough to make a localisation ?
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

65 games registered

Deus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clendor View Post
    Same here from Israel. creeps me to think about CK2 in Hebrew (not that anyone will have the time for the 2.5 Israeli CK2 players...)
    Thank you for making my day. I laughed and then choked on my Apple Juice. Well done sir, well done.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wezqu View Post
    I would never play this game in finnish. For some odd reason games in finnish make me think I'm playing some game ment for kindergarten children. All games have been in english and I would never change it to my own language.
    Hehe, it is the same for me and Icelandic. But I have on the other hand nothing against translations for people who need it or want it.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Hey, what about the catalan language?

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed MaKaPoH's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Catalonia? If there are enthusiasts - will be!
    In Russia, many enthusiasts.
    Two active site-Forum.

Each will make their translation.
    I saw the Pirate Sengoku, on the counter of a stall. With the transfer of "our" site.
    If the location is not, I'll be working on "amateur localization."
    I do not know much English. But all the terms and their meanings are familiar to me.

I have a good style of writing. (only in Russian).
    My friends and I will make reasonable "transfer". I do not doubt it.
    ... But, I want to see next to IKEA in the media market on the shelf.
    We have a new Star Wars online. I really want to CK2.
    I feel naughty child.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    Well, it is a Swedish company and there wont be any Swedish localization, so they are at least fair. Maybe just the typical Swedish thing of thinking that everyone learns English at an early age in school and will work for everyone
    Though most swedes will switch the language to english localization anyway, playing some games in swedish is just wierd .. like the Godfaather, or Lord of the Rings
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pyriel View Post
    Though most swedes will switch the language to english localization anyway, playing some games in swedish is just wierd .. like the Godfaather, or Lord of the Rings
    The only game I played in Swedish was Syndicate Wars, it had some weird charm to it.
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    The only game I played in Swedish was Syndicate Wars, it had some weird charm to it.
    EU1 in Swedish. *sniff*

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Monarchist View Post
    Cenega Poland doesn't announce any publishing plans for CK2, so I don't believe I would bet on my native language included in game. Of course, that's not a problem for me, although it would be nice to play it in polish. But it seems I have no chance for it without any fan-made translations...

In XVI century, Mikołaj Rej wrote: "A niechaj narodowie wżdy postronni znają, iż Polacy nie gęsi, iż swój język mają." (And let the foreign nations always know, that Poles have not goose*, but own language - it's my own translation, with correct meaning**)

And kalistor, приветствую братского народа

* - Author meant latin language by it, as sounded for him like a gaggle.
    ** - in Poland, we commonly read it as "geese", so most of us just misunderstood it (Poles are not geese and have own language - common, but incorrect interpretation).
    well interpretation isn't about making the correct translation, it making a understable translation, that the one reading the translation will understand. In this case a non-polish speaking wont understand the part with "that Poles have not goose*, but own language" instead a good translation turn it into "Poles are not geese and have own language" which make sense.

I have the same problem translating between danish and swedish 2 languages I have grown up with and are my mother languages but still there are words and sentences that I need to change to make it understable in the other language.
    "Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.
    War is an extension of politics with other means. -Prussian General Carl von Clausewitz.

Self-proclaimed ruler of Slavs Tsar Monarchist's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mammut View Post
    well interpretation isn't about making the correct translation, it making a understable translation, that the one reading the translation will understand. In this case a non-polish speaking wont understand the part with "that Poles have not goose*, but own language" instead a good translation turn it into "Poles are not geese and have own language" which make sense.
    The problem is, what author meant by writing "gęsi" in here. And he meant latin language by it. After about 400 years, it could be forgotten, especially when it wasn't in common to call it like that.
    Our grammar is more difficult than english, and there are differences between modern and old polish language. So when you didn't know what you should read you could simply misunderstood it. That's why "gęsi", used as adjective goose, is used to be read as plural noun geese. Sometimes it's easier to see the difference, when you try to translate it.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

will the german version be available on gamersgate and/or is there a different release date for it?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by dartvader View Post
    will the german version be available on gamersgate and/or is there a different release date for it?
    The gamersgate version will be english after you download it but you can change it into german by opening a simple text file.
    At least that's how it was in all previous games. So the versions are "multi-language" ^^

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed MaKaPoH's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Can I get a text file CK2, to translate them into Russian?
    This is an extremely important issue for me.
    Translation CK2 take many weeks. And I want to start now.
    Can somebody help me with this?
    My skype mak_mc_23

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The only way you could get such a file is to contact the developers but I highly doubt they have time for this at this point.

And please stick to English in your posts (all of you).
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2