• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr. President,

Your proposal to lower the frequency of briefings to one per two months looks good to me.
Of course, if an important event were to happen within these two months (Surrender of Germany, unexpected declaration of war from the SU, Japanese attack on Midway...), we should hear of it immediately.

Regards;

As less has happened recently,Two months seems reasonable. However, I agree with Senator Marshall that in the event of a notable happening, we should be informed immediately.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

Two months, sounds good to me.

As less has happened recently,Two months seems reasonable. However, I agree with Senator Marshall that in the event of a notable happening, we should be informed immediately.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

To be clear: if something major happens, I will undoubtedly stop playing and share it with all of you. :)

I really want to get Tom and Novatheorem to weigh in as well, since they have the most update-to-update work.

Poll

Two months: 4
One month: 0

((My only concern with two months is that we have less time to react should something go horrendously wrong, which is possible given that I know very little about the naval mechanics!))

that we have less time to react should something go horrendously wrong

To be clear: if something major happens, I will undoubtedly stop playing and share it with all of you.

General,

The President has just adressed our concerns in his previous memorandum. If something goes wrong, we will be notified within the day. Of course, if a small naval battle turns out badly, I am sure the operational command will know how to react.

Hope to have helped you;

I vote Two Months for the frequency of updates.

petergerry.png

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)

With Senator Gerry's vote, it is now 5-0, and thus EVA kicks in. The bill is signed into law.

Let's set a deadline of Wednesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT) for the next two months of plans.

I say Aye to the two-month plan.

- Sen. Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

PERSONAL MEMORANDUM
To:
President Willikie
----------------------------------

Depending on the results of our troops these months, we might want to discuss the desired post-war situation after the next briefing.
Future borders (Italy and Soviet in particular), German war reparations, possible donations to democratic governments, liberating policy,
and diplomatic stance vis-a-vis the Comintern are matters that should be discussed sooner, rather than later.

PS: It seems the operational plans are overdue, I hope the reason is that the Generals are too busy killing Germans.

---------------------------------
Senator Ryan Marshall

Last edited:
An excellent suggestion, Senator. If Saithis is willing to come up with a second event for us, that would be ideal, obviously, although I'm personally curious to see how the engine handles it.

((In the future, don't use that hideous blue text; it hurts my eyes a bit. :)))

((Heh. I'll try not to use Comic Sans anymore, either. I tried to simulate handwriting on the forum, but I guess I'll leave that to people who have the graphical skills and time to make fancy signatures ;)
BTW, which color scheme are you using?))

((Heh. I'll try not to use Comic Sans anymore, either. I tried to simulate handwriting on the forum, but I guess I'll leave that to people who have the graphical skills and time to make fancy signatures ;)
BTW, which color scheme are you using?))

((The EU3 one, which is blue.))

Senators,

General MacArthur has been feeling a bit absent minded as of late (he does have a war to win, you know!), so he neglected to send around a copy of his plans per DOPEA. I hear General Bradley has some plans for the Pacific as well; he should be sending them around momentarily.

Admiral Leahy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atlantic Theater Orders: May/June 1943

Western European AO

AG France: Once Paris is captured, change AG France's objectives to Strasbourg, Bruxelles, Amsterdam, and Bitburg.

2nd USMC: Detach from AG France and send to Pacific Theater.

5th Infantry Division: Detach from 2nd USMC and attach to 14th US Army Corps.

Southern European AO

Fourth Army: Once current objectives are captured, set objectives to Praha, Kladno, Nurnberg, and Stuttgart. If those are captured, set objectives to Frankfurt am Main, Erfurt, Leipzig, and Dresden.

First Army: Clear all objectives; reset objectives to Budapest, Bratislava, and Kosice. If those are captured, set objectives to Krakow, Lodz, Warsaw, and Danzig.

AG Mediterranean: Dissolve; transfer all attached units to AG Italy.

Second Army: Reset objectives to Ploiesti and Bucuresti if cleared during transfer; once Romania surrenders, add Cluj and Debrecen to the objectives list. If those are captured, clear the objectives list, then set objective to Warsaw if it has not been captured by the Soviet Union.

Mr. President,

On behalf of the Senate I'd like to thank you for forfilling General MacArthur's duties, now that he could not.
The plan he has drafted looks sound, and I'd like to officially endorse the May/June 1943 Atlantic Theater orders. Let us hope that we'll capture the Bratislava area soon, for we'll be able to secure a large part of Eastern Europe from the Soviets once we achieve that.

Regards;

I also endorse General MacArthur's plans.

- Sen Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

I will endorse MacArthur's plan along with my fellows

- Sam G. Écossais; R - WV

Thank you all; as Commander-in-Chief, I too consider his plans to be well thought out and useful.

President Willkie

((At the moment, waiting on a clarification from Tom and something from Novatheorem)).