• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cast my vote for Beckendorf's bill.

- Sen. Elexis Sinclaire

Thank you, Senator, your vote is noted.

((I've created a list of Senators on the first page, per Sethanon's request. Let me know if I've made any mistakes! I also got rid of the Representatives section; if we end up with more than 96 participants, I'll open that back up :D))

I, Senator Elizabeth H. Danner, vote for The Rudolph-Danner Bill.

Moreover, I would strongly recommend that my fellow Senators take the time to review the discussions prior to this vote before they cast their own vote. Additionally, I suggest that those Senators who did not themselves participate in the drafting of the bill for which they vote state the reasons for their doing so. I cannot demand this, of course, but I can and will appeal to their sense of political integrity.

- Sen. Elizabeth H. Danner

Honorable men and women of the Senate,

Though I am unable to vote, I strongly encourage you to support the Rudolf-Danner Bill, as it will not only alleviate the ongoing economic crisis, but also modernize our sadly antiquated army and enable us to construct the armored divisions crucial for the defense of our great nation. I commend Senators Rudolf and Danner for their foresight, and hope that all the members of this august body support their efforts to safeguard our fundamental freedoms and ensure our future prosperity.

Sincerely,

Douglas MacArthur,
Chief of Staff of the United States Army

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Before the voting begins in earnest, I ask you all to reflect a moment upon our nation's strategy and the two bills before you. Both budgets plan to focus solely upon improving our industries this year, and leave unit production for future years. With this mentality, it is only sensible that while building up our industrial capacity that we should expend the maximum effort designing the units that will be built once our industrial expansion is built. The Rudolf - Danner bill provides for more industrial expansion and more research than the Beckendorf Bill. Along with grossly over funding the State Department (Diplomacy) and the CIA (intelligence), Beckendorf proposes to waste leadership on lengthy research projects far beyond our current sophistication. These projects in industry and aerospace will take two to three years, with only 10% of the actual work being done this year. While better industrial and aerospace technology is always beneficial it is clearly more efficient to focus this year's efforts on research in infantry, artillery, armor, cruiser, and carrier research which will bear far great fruit for the corresponding effort. Both bills propose to do similar things, but the Rudolf Danner bill is clearly the winner in both industrial expansion and research effort. I urge you all to review both bills carefully, and vote for the Rudolf Banner bill; the correct choice for the country.

Thus, I cast my vote for the Rudolf Danner bill.

Thank you for your time, and may God Bless America.

-Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

Senator Beckendorf has informed me via telegram that he must attend to business this weekend, so I am recording his vote below.

((Early polls:

Beckendorf 2
Rudolf-Danner 2))

I am throwing my vote for Beckendorf

-Senator William Fitzgerald Kenzington

((Derahan breaks the tie! Also, please bold in the future :)

Beckendorf 3
Rudolf-Danner 2))

I'm voting for the Beckendorf proposition.

- Sen. Alistair Canseliet

((That makes it
Beckendorff 4
Rudolf-Danner 2

Have all of the authors of both bills voted yet?))

I vote for the Rudolf-Danner Bill.

- Sen. Mary Phillipps

I trust the expertise of general MacArthur and after reading the bill he supports I have come to the same conclusion. Therefore I cast my vote on the Rudolf-Danner Bill.

Sincerely,
Senator Nathan B. Mount of the State of New York.

I trust the expertise of general MacArthur and after reading the bill he supports I have come to the same conclusion. Therefore I cast my vote on the Rudolf-Danner Bill.

Sincerely,
Senator Nathan B. Mount of the State of New York.

I must say that i am depressed by seeing your standpoint fellow state senator but i have to tell you that the expertise of Macartur is nothing here, he simply votes for the Rudolf-Danner Bill because it is so higly focused on militaristic standpoint.

I must say that i am depressed by seeing your standpoint fellow state senator but i have to tell you that the expertise of Macartur is nothing here, he simply votes for the Rudolf-Danner Bill because it is so higly focused on militaristic standpoint.

With all due respect, Senator Kenzington is a liar and a blackguard. Time and time again, he has slandered Senator Rudolph and myself with wild accusations of militaristic intent, yet not once has he managed to find anything showing one such. Senator Kenzington himself has, on multiple occasions, mentioned the need for modernization of the military of the United States of America, yet when Senator Rudolph and myself propose a way of carrying out such modernization - one, which, I might add, is advocated by our chief of staff, Douglas MacArthur - he accuses us of being jingoist warmongers. He, who panders to the German-American Bund with their fascist ideology and worship of violence!

Until the Senator issues a formal apology for this slander, I shall refuse to negotiate with him on any matter what-so-ever, and I urge my fellow Senators to do the same.

My apologies for the - however necessary - aggressive tone of this message,
- Senator Elizabeth H. Danner

With all due respect, Senator Kenzington is a liar and a blackguard. Time and time again, he has slandered Senator Rudolph and myself with wild accusations of militaristic intent, yet not once has he managed to find anything showing one such. Senator Kenzington himself has, on multiple occasions, mentioned the need for modernization of the military of the United States of America, yet when Senator Rudolph and myself propose a way of carrying out such modernization - one, which, I might add, is advocated by our chief of staff, Douglas MacArthur - he accuses us of being jingoist warmongers. He, who panders to the German-American Bund with their fascist ideology and worship of violence!

Until the Senator issues a formal apology for this slander, I shall refuse to negotiate with him on any matter what-so-ever, and I urge my fellow Senators to do the same.

First of all, Senator, i would like to mention that i did mention warmongering in one of my statements, but if the Senator would read the enitre statement she would see that i take back the warmongering accusation in the same statement. I stand for that i called you a warmonger but you can't say that i am still now, i withdrew the statement as i said before and have not since uttered a word about it against you.

Fruther you are the liar for calling me a liar and a blackguard, i have only said what i see as the truth. I have said that the USA needs to modernize its military as its is old, not for purposes of war but just plain updating the current equipment to the current standards that exist. Secondly i call your bill Militaristic because you devot the enitre of your reaserch point on military techonolgies and doctorines, that is the reason why i call your BIll militaristic.

You are yet again a liar for calling me "Who panders to the German-American Bund". I have not done this, i merely told the senator that her current ideology is most compatible with Beckendorf's Bill. Beckendorf's BIll is not in no way supporting any violance and treason to our democracy, for this i call you a liar and very un-democratic for pushing down people when they utter what they believe, though it is not tolerable when they use violence on the streets for this.

I apologise if you have misunderstood me but your accusations are unfounded.

Senator Danner, you are crossing a line with those foul accusations! Senator Kenzington is merely stating his point of view and you accuse him of being pro-German? Stating the militaristic attitude of MacArthur was not even done with any bad intentions as far as I understood. However your claims are very destructive and won't make coming to some sort of agreement easier.
Atleast know that I won't support any of this and I -instead- urge everyone to condemn her insults. They have no place in here.

-Senator John Linton