+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2450

Thread: We, the People -- A USA Interactive FTM AAR

((Which positions are currently open?))

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraMinge View Post
    ((Which positions are currently open?))
    ((We're looking for a Commander of the Atlantic Theater; you'd need to own FTM so that you can read the saves.))
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    ((We're looking for a Commander of the Atlantic Theater; you'd need to own FTM so that you can read the saves.))
    Do you need a vast amount of experience to be Commander of the Atlantic Theater?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Do you need a vast amount of experience to be Commander of the Atlantic Theater?
    Not really; you can ask for help from the Senate (something we're in the process of working up) if you need to. You'd be setting up plans, for the most part just assigning objectives to the Army Groups. You have manual control of the Marines, but all other assets, land, air, and naval, are handled by the AI. Heck, I've only finished three games of HOI3 myself, none with FTM, so you might have more experience than I do!

Do you own FTM?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Not really; you can ask for help from the Senate (something we're in the process of working up) if you need to. You'd be setting up plans, for the most part just assigning objectives to the Army Groups. You have manual control of the Marines, but all other assets, land, air, and naval, are handled by the AI. Heck, I've only finished three games of HOI3 myself, none with FTM, so you might have more experience than I do!

Do you own FTM?
    Yes and I'm also very interested in WWII and the military history on a whole. As for only controlling the Marines, does that mean that the AI can randomly land troops in enemy provinces if it sees fit?

Yes and I'm also very interested in WWII and the military history on a whole. As for only controlling the Marines, does that mean that the AI can randomly land troops in enemy provinces if it sees fit?
    No; initial landings are handled by you. Forgive me for not making that clear. I'll send you a template that Tom (TankofMidgets) used to use and proved quite effective.

So, with ZebraMinge assuming the role of ATLCOM, this AAR is back on track, once he sends along his plans! However, we could still set up a Senate Armed Services Committee. This Committee would offer comments on plans or other military matters; their advice would be non-binding (unless I choose to make it so). I will put this particular item to a vote: just vote Yes or No to the establishment of the Senate Armed Services Committee. I've set Sakura_F as Democratic Party Leader as well.

Thanks again, ZebraMinge!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband

I voted Yes

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D) votes Yes to the establishment of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Further, I submit myself for consideration to be a member of this committee.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

That's

Yes: 2
    No: 0.

Those wishing to be included in said committee should submit their names to the party leaders. I envision a nine person committee, in case they wish to vote for a non-binding resolution without ties. For Democrats, Sakura_F is your leader. For Republicans, son of liberty. For Independents, Greek HOI3. Each party can nominate three people to serve; party leaders may not nominate themselves unless they do not have enough names.

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    M E M O R A N D U M

addressed to:
    Senator Mary Phillipps - California (D)
    Democratic Party Leader
    a.k.a: Sakura_F

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)
    a.k.a: robw963

regarding:
    Senate Armed Services Committee

I respectfully submit myself for consideration to become a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. I would commit myself to representing the interests of the Democratic Party, protection of our noble Republic and towards a final and decisive victory over our enemies so help us God.

Sincerely,

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)
    Last edited by robw963; 07-08-2012 at 18:01.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Let's not get distracted by the fanciness of Senator Gerry's signature, there is still a vote going on!

I will close the polls Sunday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT). Party leaders, in anticipation of a successful vote, please pass along your three names to me by then.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Dear fellow senators,

I apologize for the lack of communication lately. I have unfortunately not been able to answer to the quorum before now, as I had no possibility of doing so during my holiday. However now I am fully operational again, and I assure you that I will stay that way for quite some time. I also have to congratulate Mary Phillips as our new party leader. I wish her good luck in her assignment.

As for the current proposal running I am in favor of creating the Senate Armed Services Committee. It will further centralize the war efforts, and will help our nation to ultimately achieve victory over the fascists.

Furthermore, with all due respect I would like to be taken into consideration as a candidate when/if we establish the Senate Armed Services Committee. I would commit myself to protect our glorious republic, the values of our nation, and of the Democratic party to see the defeat of our enemies, who have dared to attack us or our allies.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    This Senator votes Yes.

-Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

I vote Aye.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Poll:

Yes: 5
    Nay: 0.

So we can keep things moving, I'll go ahead and approve the committee under EVA. Party leaders still have until Sunday evening to send me the names.

I'm still waiting on names for the committee. SovietAmerika (R), PvtPrivate (D), robw963 (D), and Vrael_1492 (D) have all expressed interest. That would fill the Democratic part of the committee, but we've only got one Republican and no Independents.

I PMed ZebraMinge to find out when I can expect the plans. Hopefully I'll get them soon, so I can update.

I consider the Committee to be defunct until and unless I get more names.

Dear fellow Senators and the President,
    I, Senator Eric Anderson (Social Liberal), was recently elected in the beautiful state of Minnesota as a Independent. I would also like to make a request to my lack-of-party leader to be assigned of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

My leaning on foreign policy lies toward intervention against totalitarian action against democracies. Considering my Norwegian heritage I'm very much in favor of the liberation of Norway. I will further endorse deployment of troops in Scandinavia.

On my budget for IC I consider naval power is very much important, especially the power projection of carriers. I also consider the Airforce to be the most important feature of any armed force and there for I want more IC to be diverted towards constructing CAS, Strategic bombers and Long range fighters.

When it comes to the budget for leadership i want more research into aircraft carriers and in particular their CAGs. I also wish for USA to be the first nation to research and deploy jet fighters on the European and Asian theater.

My stance on declaring war and signing peaces stands as such: I'm hesitant to start wars, but once started, I accept no other peace treaty than one where we are the victors and the enemy have been meticulously beaten.

I obviously believe that we should join the Allies, together with our fellow democracies. The existence of the communists are acceptable as long as they keep to themselves and don't try to force their ways upon others.

When it comes to assigning The Big Four I trust the executive branch to perform such duties.

We should continue our oversea deployment in both the Mediterranean and northern Europe. However we need to expand the operation in Norway to include the liberation of Denmark.

On matters of law and decision I think we should continue our current alignment toward education and industrial expansion. Although we can't let the military-industrial complex grow to big as it might threaten the democracy in our own nation. For this reason i'm against a full mobilization of the economy and a further expansion of the heavy industry emphasis.

Regarding nuclear power, I'm for developing civilian nuclear reactors, but very much against the extended development of nuclear weapons, only in a scenario where another nation we are at war with or who treatens world peace develop nuclear weapons should develop these weapons of mass destruction. But that is a last resort scenario. If we can we should stop these kind of nations from getting these weapons to begin with, preferably with diplomacy, but if necessary, with military action.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Dear Senators, and fellow members of the Democratic Party,

I am honoured to be now the head of the Party, the first woman in the recorded history of the Party, and even our nation. As the leader of the democrats, I will make sure the party remains true to it's heart.

Also, Mister President, I am putting forth the three democratic registered for the committee.

Signed,
    Senator Mary Phillipps (D-CA)
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Reichskanzler, Party Leader of the New Society in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    Dear Senators, and fellow members of the Democratic Party,

I am honoured to be now the head of the Party, the first woman in the recorded history of the Party, and even our nation. As the leader of the democrats, I will make sure the party remains true to it's heart.

Also, Mister President, I am putting forth the three democratic registered for the committee.

Signed,
    Senator Mary Phillipps (D-CA)
    Thank you, Senator Phillips.

Senator Anderson, welcome, and congratulations on your election!

President Willkie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 ... LastLast