• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(OOC: I only remembered because I usually pick him or Landon myself. Hehehe)

Since genbrad has been conspicuously absent, I'm going to reopen the AtlCom post. I'm in my new apartment now, so I'll be able to keep a close eye on the thread.

It has been a few months, might I suggest a quorum?

-Sen. Monisset

An excellent idea. I'll check in in 72 hours (roughly 10 PM CST on Friday.)

Still here.

*secretary hidden under the desk* I'm here and ready to vote on any issue that needs consideration.
- Sen. Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)

Last edited:
"The Chief of the Navy is still ready to serve the Republic."

~Admiral William H. Standley

((Not sure if I have time to be AtlCom now, though...))

Of course I'm here. *does fingernails and looks at everyone as she lifts up her glassesd*

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

*adjusts her business dress* I am still here and continuing to serve our country in it's time of need!
- Senator Mary Phillipps, D-CA

still here

-David Osborn

Thanks to everybody who replied for the quorum -- it's good to know there's still interest in this AAR, even without an update in a while.

I have a few solutions to our AtlCom problem. I'd like to get some feedback before I make my decision, and I will of course welcome alternatives.

1. Bump everything up to Chimina for AtlCom, as he is Chief of the Army. This depends on Chimina's schedule, obviously.
2. Open the position up to those who do not own FTM. This means they won't be able to read the saves, which could make things tricky.
3. I assume direct control of the Atlantic for the time being. Since this is an interactive AAR, I'm loathe to do this. (I'm also not very good at the game!)
4. My favorite and most radical solution: we create a Senate Committee for the Atlantic Theater. I'm thinking three Dems, three GOP, three Independents. The committee can be as large or as small as we want it. I suppose it could even work with just three. Anyway, those three (or nine) would propose a plan, then the Senate as a whole would vote on it. If there are two plans, we'd vote on those (if there's no consensus). Each party leader would provide the name(s) of those that would be on the committee.

I'd like to hear thoughts before I formally open this up to a vote. Chimina, please comment on your availability or lack thereof.

((I know we're not voting, but if it's cool with the GOP leader, I want to join this committee. :D Well, that is, if you trust a morally grey scientist, er I mean...))

One more thing: unless Sethanon responds before the formation of said committee, if that's the route we go, Sakura_F becomes Democratic Party leader, since she's the senior Democrat to respond to the quorum (apart from Saithis, who probably wants less on her plate, and not more. ;))

((The idea of 4 is very interesting if we can't get someone to step in. It'd really enhance the interactive side of things.

And no, I really don't want any more on my plate right now. ;) ))

OPINION OF PRESIDENT WILKIE'S PROPOSED SOLUTION TO ATL NAVAL COMMAND ISSUE:

1. Bump everything up to Chimina for AtlCom
This seems like a good interim solution until another dedicated player steps forward

2. Open the position up to those who do not own FTM
Weakest of the proposed solutions

3. I assume direct control of the Atlantic for the time being
Another reasonable interim solution until another dedicated player steps forward

4. create a Senate Committee for the Atlantic Theater
I'm less enthusiastic about this proposal because of the practical difficulty of getting 3-9 participants to put forward coherent, effective and timely strategies. I would, however, support a hybrid idea where using either Options 1 or 3, the interim commander submits operational plans/questions/proposals to the senate for consideration. While Senate vote would not be binding it may address the concern of lack of commander experience. (Basically I feel that committee derived decisions are usually poor ones)

- Sen. Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)

((I wish I had the time to take on the command vacancy, but I'm afraid I'm stretched too thin as it is right now...I will, though, actively seek a candidate))

Senator Gerry has an excellent suggestion, and I'd like to see if anybody would be willing to put themselves forward as a candidate for ATLCOM with a Senate safety net? Novatheorem, you could be considered for this post as well, since interest is so low (or people are just so nervous).