• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am in LOVE with this idea! :wub:

Genius AAR, and definitely settling in for the end. May join if there's space when I finish reading it tonight, if that's cool with the OP...

Nova

I am in LOVE with this idea! :wub:

Genius AAR, and definitely settling in for the end. May join if there's space when I finish reading it tonight, if that's cool with the OP...

Nova

Glad you like it so much! Yes, we're always looking for new Senators. There's a waiting list on military positions, at the moment, but Senators can find their way into military jobs if that's your fancy.

Senator Keon Monisset

If you'll have me, I'll be honored to jump in at this juncture:

Senator Keon Monisset
Born: 1899 (Age: 42)
State: Louisiana
Party: Democratic Party

Policy Ideas:
Foreign Policy Plans: Isolationist, but open to economic support of the Allies. Our country needs the focus, but we must provide for our fellow man as our ability dictates.
IC Budgets: Core focus on industrializing the nation (read: factories, infrastructure, airports, convoys), supportive of indirect militant technology (artillery, bombers – things that put fewer of our boys directly in harm’s way)
Leadership Budgets: Focus on espionage, political manipulation. Research secondary, as knowing what your opponent has will tell you what you need.
War/Peace Status: Supportive of our historical compatriots with resources and equipment, willing to consider defensive wars in keeping with 1939 territory lines in worst case scenarios.
Faction to align to: Allies
Stance on Military Chiefs: Major losses of US troops unacceptable, and should be replaced by someone who can do the job without such risks.
Input on Overseas Generals: If you’re not willing to serve on the front line, you aren’t fit to lead those who would. Those with field command experience do not need guidance from naïve congressmen.
Nuclear Energy: Interesting science, but both impossible and impractical. Splitting atoms and flying to the moon belong together in the realm of science fiction.

((EDIT: Just as an FYI, Louisiana is listed twice on the main page. Is that supposed to be another state?))

If you'll have me, I'll be honored to jump in at this juncture:

Senator Keon Monisset
Born: 1899 (Age: 42)
State: Louisiana
Party: Democratic Party

Policy Ideas:
Foreign Policy Plans: Isolationist, but open to economic support of the Allies. Our country needs the focus, but we must provide for our fellow man as our ability dictates.
IC Budgets: Core focus on industrializing the nation (read: factories, infrastructure, airports, convoys), supportive of indirect militant technology (artillery, bombers – things that put fewer of our boys directly in harm’s way)
Leadership Budgets: Focus on espionage, political manipulation. Research secondary, as knowing what your opponent has will tell you what you need.
War/Peace Status: Supportive of our historical compatriots with resources and equipment, willing to consider defensive wars in keeping with 1939 territory lines in worst case scenarios.
Faction to align to: Allies
Stance on Military Chiefs: Major losses of US troops unacceptable, and should be replaced by someone who can do the job without such risks.
Input on Overseas Generals: If you’re not willing to serve on the front line, you aren’t fit to lead those who would. Those with field command experience do not need guidance from naïve congressmen.
Nuclear Energy: Interesting science, but both impossible and impractical. Splitting atoms and flying to the moon belong together in the realm of science fiction.

((EDIT: Just as an FYI, Louisiana is listed twice on the main page. Is that supposed to be another state?))

((Good catch; actually, I was supposed to have "Louisiana: Full", as we already have two Senators from that great state. You'll have to choose a new state, but the rest of your bio looks good!))

((I choose the great state of Nevada, land of nothing (for the next couple of years, Vegas didn't start swinging for a few years yet - but we do have the Pair-o-Dice club, come on down!) and will represent my charge with the utmost of care.))

((I choose the great state of Nevada, land of nothing (for the next couple of years, Vegas didn't start swinging for a few years yet - but we do have the Pair-o-Dice club, come on down!) and will represent my charge with the utmost of care.))

((Very good; I'll add you to the roll.))

President Willkie orders everybody to go to the Q1 ACAs! Support your favorite AARs and, even better, find new ones!

Mr. President,

Generals Craig and Westover have submitted their joint proposal for Research and IC usage for the coming year for both the Army and the Air Force

- End of message -

Thank you, General.

I'm still waiting on reports from Saithis and son of liberty, but I hope to have a draft budget available for you this weekend, if not Monday.

((Crap, I misremembered 'friday' as 'saturday'. I'll try and have something up for you ASAP.))

"The Naval Office has submitted our proposal for the next year to the Executive Office, we hope that you will find our requests reasonable and our planning satisfactory."

~Admiral William H. Standley, Chief of Naval Staff

((Crap, I misremembered 'friday' as 'saturday'. I'll try and have something up for you ASAP.))

((No worries; got it in plenty of time :)))

EDIT: Waiting on son of liberty at this stage; since I anticipate allocating a minimum of IC/tech slots to him (we are at war, after all), I'll go ahead and produce the budget tomorrow evening at around 10 PM CST (-6 GMT). That'll give you good folks a chance to have your voices heard and vote the budget up or down. Party Leaders (currently Greek HOI3, Sethanon, and son of liberty) can filibuster; I'll also accept budget amendments if supported by two Senators, which cannot include doppelganger Senators.

While we wait, I'm going to go ahead and call a quorum of all Senators. You can simply vote "Present" to indicate your continued interest in the AAR. I'd like to clean up the Senate roll if I could, so any time in the next week, those who are purely Senators at this stage can indicate they're still around. (Military folks need not reply; I'm going to assume you're active unless I hear differently).

Last edited:
"Present."

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

((I just like confirming.))

Present as always.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire, R - MA

Present

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA