• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((If you're up for gamey maneuvers, you could switch to one of the Axis nations and have them declare war on us.))

((I'd be cool with that. He'd only be doing it for rp purposes anyway.)

((If you're up for gamey maneuvers, you could switch to one of the Axis nations and have them declare war on us.))

((I'd be cool with that. He'd only be doing it for rp purposes anyway.)

Let's put this to a formal vote. We've already committed to joining the Allies, so I've edited the save to allow that. In order for this to be as non-gamey as possible, if we do have the Axis DOW us, we would do it immediately. It's gamey enough doing it this way; it would be much worse to purposefully delay and have them DOW us on our own terms. So, here are three possible options.

1. Join the Allies immediately, let events occur naturally.
2. Join the Allies, use noneutrality to let us join the war immediately. This has the benefit of letting us pass everything we need to pass, but it works for every nation, not just the player nation, so a bunch of other weird stuff could happen.
3. Join the Allies, switch to Germany, have them DOW us with the Puppet War Goal. (I think that makes the most sense, given what I know of Hitler's goals vis-a-vis the USA).

Scenarios two and three would include immediate mobilization, obviously; scenario one would let us take our time. My own personal preference is for scenario one; I try to avoid gamey stuff whenever possible, and this lets us get things like Iceland and Greenland. That being said, everybody vote for Scenario 1, Scenario 2, or Scenario 3. This vote will last until Sunday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).

Senators
Although I have voted against every measure that brings us closer to war, I must bow to the will of the people and the Senate and throw my support behind our great nation in her efforts.
Therefore I vote on Scenario 1 for the measure on joining the allies.
On the matter of my membership in the Silver Legion of America a pro-fascist party, I can no longer continue to be a member of this party while actively fighting against Fascism, so I therefore tender my resignation from this party and humbly request to join the Democratic Party of the United States of America if they would have me.

Regards
Senator Peter Dawson, MD

Sure, I'll take it.

Excellent: come up with a name (check around the thread; some people have had more or fewer bio details than that) and I'll add you to the list as a Senator so you can participate in votes.

Poll:

Scenarios for entering the war
Scenario One: 1
Scenario Two: 0
Scenario Three: 0

I believe we should go for Scenario 1 to avoid it to be too gamey.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

I propose that we mobilize immediately and that we should join the allies a month after mobilization is complete. This will give us the time needed to join the Allies without being unprepared.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)
I agree with the immediate mobilization, but we should set no deadline on when we join. We join when we are ready, no sooner.

If those be the only choices, scenario 1. I would prefer to mobilize our forces first, but since that apparently does not work, I guess this is the "best" option.

Poll:

Scenarios
1: 4
2: 0
3: 0

EDIT:

Included new vote.

Last edited:
I put my support in favour of Scenario 1, due to the lack of any better option!

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Scenario 1 seems the most legit to me.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Scenario 3.

Polls:

Scenarios
1: 5
3: 1

Since there's been no activity on budget stuff, I'm going to go ahead and sign O'Hanahan-Beckendorf into law. The bill is as follows, for those that need a refresher:

Leadership:
Officers: 4.01 to ensure growth of the Officer Corps remains steady.
Diplomacy: 0.36 to maintain relations.
Espionage: 1.00 to maintain our spies.
Research: 34.0 remains for efficient study of new technologies.

IC Distribution:
Upgrades: 80.95, but divert extra into production as requirements drop.
Reinforcement: .50 to cover retirements.
Supplies: 0 unless we can no longer purchase all needed supplies via trade.
Production: 306.36, divisions shown below.
Consumer Goods: 29.19, keep to required level if demand rises/falls.

Research Distribution:
Army: 10
Air Force: 10
Navy: 10
Industry: 4

Production Distribution:
Army: 7 - Manpower Shortages are too intense to warrant further Army investment at this time.
Air Force: 60
Navy: 100
Industry: 140 - Major Investment Zone due to Lack of Manpower

Chiefs, please have your construction plans and have OOBs for your Theater Commanders available by no later than Sunday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT). I'm going to formally break down duties as follows:

Chiefs (Saithis, Chimina, son of liberty) -- decide what to build, what to research, and which theaters to assign assets to.
Theater Commanders -- make changes to OOBs, delegate whatever they like to their subordinates
Lower generals -- do what they're told.

Strategy, in the broadest sense, will be discussed at the Senate level. Everything else can take place off-thread, if that's easier for you guys. Please respect the chain-o'-command; PM your immediate superiors instead of just me. Special forces currently belong to Theater Commanders; releasing control of said forces is acceptable, should you feel your subordinates can handle that better. I do, of course, want to be kept in the loop :)

Any questions or clarifications, please let me know. Tom and Vrael, can you please send me a list of your subordinates, if any, so I can add them to the first page?

Although our, atleast mine, intention was to join the actual war against Germany, it seems that we are not ready for that just yet.
Thus I vote for scenario 1.

Senator Dawson, you are more than welcome in the Democratic Party as long as you publically denounce your fascist ideas.

- Senator John Linton, D-FL

Although our, atleast mine, intention was to join the actual war against Germany, it seems that we are not ready for that just yet.
Thus I vote for scenario 1.

Senator Dawson, you are more than welcome in the Democratic Party as long as you publically denounce your fascist ideas.

- Senator John Linton, D-FL

My thanks Senator Linton.
I Senator Peter Dawson of Maryland hereby denounce Fascism in all its forms, it is a form of State-ism which goes against the basic principles of the United States of America of Freedom and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Regards
Senator Peter Dawson, MD

My thanks Senator Linton.
I Senator Peter Dawson of Maryland hereby denounce Fascism in all its forms, it is a form of State-ism which goes against the basic principles of the United States of America of Freedom and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Regards
Senator Peter Dawson, MD

I'll make the adjustment on the OP.

Poll:

Scenarios
1: 6
3: 1

Chiefs, I would plan as if we won't be going to war right away, but still fairly soon.

I am sorry for it, but i *have* to retire as Pacific Theater Commander. The fact that I don't have FTM is one that has been annoying, and so impossible to do anything which I am supposed to have done. I will continue as a Senator.

(( Okay, I'll see about drawing up plans / fleet distributions today. ))