• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Listen it is no hidden thing that japan and the U.S. may be at each others throats or nearly there anyways but if we stay neutral we risk letting the axis get even stronger and then when the britsh and soviets are gone who will they aim for, us, as we are there last big threat that is unless we join them. Its simple we stay neutral we die, we join the allies we die slowly, if, god forbid, we join the comintermn we die slowly, if we join the axis however we do not die we thrive. And there is no requierment if joinig the axis we have to kill non aryans, we have are own choices even if we join the axis and that is one of them, so the argument that we have to "exterimante" non aryans is futile as joing the axis only will have large affects on us outwardly not inwardly.

(( Okay, I'll work up a budget bill ASAP, I'm also writing for my AAR and breaking in other new responsibilities, but I should have some time. ))

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Congress, for the sake of the future, I have established what I think is the best plan for our fair shores. As we all know we are suffering from shortages of recruits and I believe we must focus our spending on items that require low quantities of manpower. I have proposed enough expenditure to finish the carriers ordered by our President, to begin expanding our air force en masse, and to begin producing large numbers of high-quality Industrial Goods. I would recommend that the Secretary of War consider investment in Rocketry, as we have an excess of industrial output and large supplies of Helium. There is significant evidence that the Soviets and Germans made breakthroughs in Rocket technology and that there are future battlefield applications for these weapons. Given their lack of manpower requirements, we should pursue this research ourselves!"

Leadership:
Officers: 4.01 to ensure growth of the Officer Corps remains steady.
Diplomacy: 0.36 to maintain relations.
Espionage: 1.00 to maintain our spies.
Research: 34.0 remains for efficient study of new technologies.

IC Distribution:
Upgrades: 80.95, but divert extra into production as requirements drop.
Reinforcement: .50 to cover retirements.
Supplies: 0 unless we can no longer purchase all needed supplies via trade.
Production: 306.36, divisions shown below.
Consumer Goods: 29.19, keep to required level if demand rises/falls.

Research Distribution:
Army: 10
Air Force: 10
Navy: 10
Industry: 4

Production Distribution:
Army: 7 - Manpower Shortages are too intense to warrant further Army investment at this time.
Air Force: 60
Navy: 100
Industry: 140 - Major Investment Zone due to Lack of Manpower

"My bill is currently searching for a co-sponsor and I hope someone will support America's future."

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

"My bill is currently searching for a co-sponsor and I hope someone will support America's future."

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

I am willing to co-sponsor your bill Senator. I believe that your plan is very well analyzed, and that it is the best for our nation the next year, so therefore it is in my interest to help it become so.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

That gives us one complete bill, which we'll call O'Hanahan-Beckendorf.

We also need to consider when we join the Allies (as our current poll indicates): right away or when we're invited? If we do, when do we mobilize? I'd like to see a couple of plans tossed out there for these eventualities.

Your bill looks good to me senator. I support it.

Do the service chiefs believe that they are ready to enter the war at this time? If not, how long until they believe we will be ready?

"The United States Navy is ready for war, although our capacity for offensives into the Pacific will be limited until such time as the new Fleet Carriers have finished. It is believed that against likely opponents, the Atlantic Fleet is ready for battle."

~Admiral William H. Standley, Chief of the Navy

Dear sirs,
I hope I'm overstepping my authority, but as Commanding of the Northern Atlantic area of operations I can transport the 3rd US Corp to a staging area in Great Britain the moment we join the allies, if that is what the people decide. Given the current global wars my five ready divisions will not be sufficent for offensive operations. My second available corp, the 4th US Corp, is still in the process of training and equiping. Members of Congress, if we wish to attack the Axis powers, we have approximately ten division available, although not fully staffed or equipped. I have a battle plan for a limited engagement to liberate Norway from the Axis should it be deemed needed. Those plans will be forwarded to General MacArthur and the Chiefs for analaysis. My command is not ready for war, but would be sufficent for the defense of the Northeast United States.

Signed,

General Joseph Stillwell

((Send me more troops!!!!))

I practically insist on it!

Factions
Allies: 7
None: 4
Axis: 1

Lend-Lease
With USSR: 2
Without USSR: 6

Is budget stuff really that boring that nobody wants to do it? Let's try this: Saithis and son of liberty, go ahead and post your budget ideas in the thread. If two other Senators sign off on one or both, we'll use them. At the very least, I'm hoping it will stimulate some debate.
Thanks! Which spots are empty? If there is a spot for Georgia, I'll take it.

Thanks! Which spots are empty? If there is a spot for Georgia, I'll take it.

There's a list of senator state representations on the first page. Georgia has 1 slot left.

It's Wednesday at 10:00 PM CST, so voting is closed. We will have Lend-Lease without the Soviets and we will join the Allies. However, before we can go any farther, I want to see a bill that handles the following:

1. When do we join the Allies?
2. When do we mobilize?

We'll also leave the question of budget bills open for a couple of days.

We'll close this question, one way or the other, on Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT).

General MacArthur,

I have submitted my preliminary plan to you. I have included a copy to General Devers for his input as well.

Signed,

General Stillwell
Commander Atlantic Northern Command

It's Wednesday at 10:00 PM CST, so voting is closed. We will have Lend-Lease without the Soviets and we will join the Allies. However, before we can go any farther, I want to see a bill that handles the following:

1. When do we join the Allies?
2. When do we mobilize?

We'll also leave the question of budget bills open for a couple of days.

We'll close this question, one way or the other, on Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT).

Well i believe we mobilize now but wait till the commanders have a military plan ready before we join the allies

If we are determined to embark upon this course, then the time to mobilize is now. I propose we join the war in a limited capacity as soon as both the Atlantic and Pacific fleets are sure that they can defend our shores. We should also post strong garrisons in Pearl Harbor, Midway, Wake, Guam and the Philippines before we join. This will secure our supply lines to the Philippines in case Japan joins the war against us. Any other naval bases within range of CONUS(Continental United States) should receive a strong Garrison as well. Once we are secure at home, we can consider offensive operations. We still have not agreed upon our general goals and our strategies for achieving them. We do not want to spend the precious blood of our sons unnecessarily.

Leroy Grumman
Secretary of War

((I haven't played FTM outside of this AAR in a while; does anybody know if mobilization is still just a massive modifier to manpower or is it a lump sum, like in Darkest Hour?))

((I haven't played FTM outside of this AAR in a while; does anybody know if mobilization is still just a massive modifier to manpower or is it a lump sum, like in Darkest Hour?))

((Last I checked, the Service by Requirement law (only available while at war) just gives you a 100% MP modifier, but we have a decision that gives us a free lump sum of 500 MP. Mobilization in and of itself just doubles your reinforcement rate and increases your CG demand - no MP shifts either way.))

I propose that we mobilize immediately and that we should join the allies a month after mobilization is complete. This will give us the time needed to join the Allies without being unprepared.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

((Last I checked, the Service by Requirement law (only available while at war) just gives you a 100% MP modifier, but we have a decision that gives us a free lump sum of 500 MP. Mobilization in and of itself just doubles your reinforcement rate and increases your CG demand - no MP shifts either way.))

Thanks for reminding me. Sometime today, I'm going to see which decisions pop, if any, after we join the allies. We can vote on them as a package.

Does anybody care to co-sponsor Senator Sinclaire's bill?

EDIT:

So, if I manually add us to the Allies by editing the game and pass Lend-Lease, we don't join the war (we can't) but we can then pass "Undeclared War", which lets us attack German ships in the North Atlantic. Therefore, mobilizing doesn't make much sense. The UK can't call us either because our neutrality would still be too high. We can't DOW anybody else.

Last edited:
So, if I manually add us to the Allies by editing the game and pass Lend-Lease, we don't join the war (we can't) but we can then pass "Undeclared War", which lets us attack German ships in the North Atlantic. Therefore, mobilizing doesn't make much sense. The UK can't call us either because our neutrality would still be too high. We can't DOW anybody else.

((If you're up for gamey maneuvers, you could switch to one of the Axis nations and have them declare war on us.))