• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Avindian, I have been looking around for generals, and I found out I want Omar Bradley as the Pacific Commander for the land forces, and preferably Chester Nimitz for the Navy if i can decide that as well.))

I issue my votes, AYE on Lend-Lease, I APPROVE the new Draft and Mobilization Laws, but I do believe that we should join NO FACTION.

Now is not the time for war, we urge restraint by the Senate!

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Hmmm, Mr. President, may I make an amendment to the Lend-Lease Bill that only sends aid to Britain, France, and Nationalist China? An aid of mine just noticed that the Soviets would benefit from this legislation, and I won't support that. Unless this amendment is accepted, I must change my vote to Nay on the Lend-Lease Act.

(If I can't add the amendment, just say no. I don't mind taking no as an answer.)
I second this proposed amendment.

Senator Newman I support your filibuster

Senator John Sarigis (I Leader-SC)
Thank you senator for your support. Helping our fellow democracies is one thing, but providing assistance to a communist nation who also conspired with the Nazis to devour Poland and the Baltic nations is another matter entirely.

We are all men and women, the children of God and the Earth, and yet we sit here throwing people aside because of the views of politics we hold. I was formerly a member of the Communist Party United States, and maintained contact with Moscow up until my change of party, two years ago.

How can we deny a nation aid against the Nazis? Better a Red... than an anti-semitic Nazi.

We are all men and women, the children of God and the Earth, and yet we sit here throwing people aside because of the views of politics we hold. I was formerly a member of the Communist Party United States, and maintained contact with Moscow up until my change of party, two years ago.

How can we deny a nation aid against the Nazis? Better a Red... than an anti-semitic Nazi.

Then we are at least two who share this view, Senator

A lot of votes to tabulate!

Here are polls for laws and factions:

FDR Reforms
Aye: 10
Nay: 1

Factions
Allies: 7
None: 4

Re: Lend-Lease. I am going to ask everybody to re-vote on Lend-Lease, and indicate your preferred version: please vote With USSR or Without USSR. You may, of course, also vote to reject it in its entirety.

Chimina, please take into account the various preferences of our commanders in your army OOB; gentlemen, please make sure you PM Chimina directly to be sure he receives the requests. Vrael_1492, Navy OOB is up to Saithis; check with him.

I vote Aye on Lend-Leade without any aid whatsoever to the USSR. Thank you for giving freedom a chance, Mr. Willkie.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Senators, this is a ludicrous addendum! I have no love for the Communists myself, but Red money is as good as any other money. More importantly, we need to ensure that Europe is kept in a balance of power. If we permit the Red Army to remain in its current state, then Germany may well be able to disrupt the balance permanently!

if there is still an opening for maryland senator im game to join. if so Sen. Randall S. McGeehan Jr. Independent(Fascist)

Regarding LL. AYE without the USSR

Communists reject God. The state is god according to communist ideology. I cannot support any aid of any sort for communists. Additionally, they teamed up with the Nazis to rape Poland. Are the Polish not children of God in your estimation senator? Do they not deserve freedom from both the Nazi yoke and the communist one?

Yes, and your affiliation disturbs me. How can you support the communist attacks on Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Finland?

I assume that you are not aware of Soviet persecution of the Jews?

((Due to forum rules, we probably need to drop the anti-semite thing. It could lead us down a path the mods will not like. So, let's find other things to accuse the Nazis of in game. Ok?))

Lend-Lease act With the USSR

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

Polls:

FDR Reforms
Aye: 10
Nay: 1

Factions
Allies: 7
None: 4

Lend-Lease
With USSR: 1
Without USSR: 2

I'm going to call voting on the FDR reforms closed and sign them into law. Voting will remain open on the other two matters. Also, don't forget about budgets!

My fellow senators. After private discussion with my aides, I am announcing an intended filibuster of any lend lease program that includes aid to the USSR. I ask my fellow republicans to contact my office directly ((PM)) letting me know your thoughts on the matter. Democratic and independent support of this filibuster would also be welcomed. Thank you. Richard Newman (R), Georgia.

Yes, and your affiliation disturbs me. How can you support the communist attacks on Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Finland?

I assume that you are not aware of Soviet persecution of the Jews?

((Due to forum rules, we probably need to drop the anti-semite thing. It could lead us down a path the mods will not like. So, let's find other things to accuse the Nazis of in game. Ok?))

I am more than aware of any atrocities committed by the Bolsheviks of Russia, yes, Senator. And while you may condemn who I follow, despite my affiliation with our Democratic Party... There is no doubt in my mind that the Soviet Union's weakness if we do not give them Lend-Lease, shall only deteriorate relations further... What happens if the Soviets DO overcome the German invasion... and push Germany back? Then what? Can we say we rejected them while the Soviets march across the Seine to liberate Paris and give it to the local Communists?

As for the attacks on Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Finland... Four of those five nations were fascistic at best. The Polish, Lithuanians, Estonians and Latvians all supported some form of fascist ideology, and were both an enemy of communism and democracy at the same time. As for Finland, well... Finland was part of the Russian nation for many years prior to World War I -- And Russia was pursuing it's old territory back, as is fine considering they were part of the victorious Entente.

But do we risk another German victory over Russia? Another Ostland that Germany can suck dry of resources to use against us and the Allies? Hmph.

General MacArthur I choose General Devers to be my general

Senator John Sarigis (I Leader-SC) and General Jacob L.Devers

Duly noted, Senator Sarigis. I will request the transfer of General Devers to Atlantic Headquarters at all haste.

Sincerely,

General Douglas A. MacArthur,
Commander, U.S. Army Atlantic Theater

I vote Aye to the Without USSR version of the Lend-Lease Bill, as my responses (included below) to some Senators' more interesting statements should amply demonstrate.

- Senator Stephen McCarthy (D-TX)

Senator Philipps, the Soviet Union is not a nation, but an abomination, built upon the shattered lives and broken bodies of millions of Russian dead. Perhaps you should ask Comrade Trotsky how the revolution turned out for him... assuming you don't already know, of course.

Better dead than Red, I say. If the Nazis reach Moscow, then so be it. We beat them once after the Russians bent the knee; if we must, we will do so again.

Then we are at least two who share this view, Senator

And there are at least two to stand against you. A pity, Senator Beckendorf, that you have decided to bow to the threats of Moscow...

Senators, this is a ludicrous addendum! I have no love for the Communists myself, but Red money is as good as any other money. More importantly, we need to ensure that Europe is kept in a balance of power. If we permit the Red Army to remain in its current state, then Germany may well be able to disrupt the balance permanently!

The "balance of power" has already been broken, Senator O'Hanahan, by the division of Eastern Europe between the fascists and communists. The question now is not "can the Soviets stop the Nazis?" but "will the Soviets and Nazis fight each other long enough for us to save Europe?"

I am more than aware of any atrocities committed by the Bolsheviks of Russia, yes, Senator. And while you may condemn who I follow, despite my affiliation with our Democratic Party... There is no doubt in my mind that the Soviet Union's weakness if we do not give them Lend-Lease, shall only deteriorate relations further... What happens if the Soviets DO overcome the German invasion... and push Germany back? Then what? Can we say we rejected them while the Soviets march across the Seine to liberate Paris and give it to the local Communists?

If the Soviets reach Paris, Senator, it will be because you stopped us... and if they do, we will treat them the same as any other enemy, and drive them back to Moscow.

As for the attacks on Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Finland... Four of those five nations were fascistic at best. The Polish, Lithuanians, Estonians and Latvians all supported some form of fascist ideology, and were both an enemy of communism and democracy at the same time. As for Finland, well... Finland was part of the Russian nation for many years prior to World War I -- And Russia was pursuing it's old territory back, as is fine considering they were part of the victorious Entente.

Were it not for the Soviet threat, Senator Philipps, there would have been no need for autocracy in either Poland or the Baltic states; the entire reason the generals came to power was to prevent a hostile takeover from either Germany or Russia. And which would you rather face on the field of battle - a petty dictatorship struggling just to survive, or a radical, hard-line Communist revolution intent on world conquest?

As for Finland being "part of the Russian nation for many years prior to World War I" - what of it? Czechoslovakia was part of Austria-Hungary for many years prior to the Great War; should we therefore consent to the German annexation of Czechoslovakia as "pursuing its old territory back?" As I recall, you condemned that occupation - so why, pray tell, is the revanchism of the Soviet Union more acceptable than that of the Nazis?

But do we risk another German victory over Russia? Another Ostland that Germany can suck dry of resources to use against us and the Allies? Hmph.

Senator Philipps, we do not seek a German victory over Russia; we simply seek to destroy totalitarianism everywhere. Perhaps you disagree, but I find trading the Nazi fist for the Soviet hammer to be deeply unappealing, as I see no benefit in exchanging one dictatorship for another.

Last edited:
Vote nay to leand-lease, and i believe we should join the axis Mr.President, it's the only logical choice were powerful thats obvious and in a one on one war with Germany we will probably win but sadly Germany has many allies that would stretch our troops to far and wide that we would lose in a instant especially that the crumbling british empire would be our only ally, besides we would get vast lands for our trouble, after all Germany claims Europe, Italy claims Africa and the Middle East, Japan Asia and Oceania, and we would get the Americas . Therefore i belive that in our peoples best intrest we should join the axis before it is too late and were in thier targets.

- Senator Randall S. McGeehan Jr.