• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My proposed bill would leave the current budget unchanged except with regard to LS points. As soon as we institute the Gearing up for war decision, that should repeal the New Deal and allow us to move away from All Volunteer Army. As soon as we move away from Volunteer Army, my proposal for LS points would be as follows:

Leadership:

Officers: 35.29, or whatever the maximum number is at that time.
Diplomacy: 0
Espionage: 0
Research: 0 If education is being researched and is 3 months or less from completion, leave 1 point for education until it finishes. Then shift that point and the new points to recruitment.

My proposal would have us stay at max officer recruitment until we reach at least 101% of required minimum officers but not beyond 105%. At that point, I propose the following:

Leadership:

Officers: 4.04
Diplomacy: 0.25 (The president may use more for a short time at his discretion to make up for shortfalls caused by the above policy.)
Espionage: 1.0 (The president may use more for a short time at his discretion to make up for shortfalls caused by the above policy.)
Research: 30 remains for efficient study of new technologies.

This should carry us until the next budgetary session. Thank you.
Richard Newman (R) Georgia

Dear Mr. President, Army Chiefs and Senators

I believe that a war with Japan is a highly possible event. In that event we have to be prepared to defend our Pacific holdings. The the defense of our holdings is of vital importance, and it should be supported with Coastal forts and maybe even land forts, especially on Hawaii, Midway, Wake, the Marianas and Guam. We should also deploy a defensive Garrison to the most threatened islands. Furthermore a large share, if not all of the Carrier fleet should be deployed to Pearl Harbour, which might be expanded. The fleet should also preferably contain advanced Battleships, Cruisers, destroyers and Submarines. This should enable us to create naval superiority, and from there we can take out islands one by one. For the mainland coast, I propose to expand our naval bases and Coastal Forts in important cities, and to deploy Naval Bombers, as a last stand against any invaders.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

Senator Newman,

While I agree that we need more officers, I think that less drastic measures are needed then a complete suspension of our research activities. Even if war comes to our nation we will still require time to organize and ship our forces to the appropriate theaters of combat, which can take months depending on the climate and local. Might I suggest a devotion of only 10 - 15 leadership to officer recruitment? This should allow us to swiftly fill our needs without totally gutting our research programs.

Senator Beckendorf,

How is a war with Japan likely when they are proving incapable against the Chinese, a barely civilized nation wracked by civil war? It would be madness for them to even consider attacking us while bogged down in China. I am personally far more worried about the USSR taking advantage of their weakness to attempt to spread Communism to both China and Japan, fulfilling their long held ambitions to the far east. Such an event would be a catastrophe for American interests.

- Sen Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

((note, in case you missed it the pearl harbor event is disabled))

Strategy of the Altantic

First,I'd like to say that I agree with much of the strategies of General MacArthur as they are basic military doctrines that many,if not all,armies use.I'm going on more deeper on those strategies.

Narrow Front vs Wide Front

Those are two things that most of the times make an operation succeed of fail.These are the advantages and disadvantages of the Narrow and Wide fronts

Narrow Front
Advantages
-If you overwelm the oppoment in numbers,you can create a powerful spearhead that crushes the enemy
-Hard to be encircled
-If they have many forces it can be hard to send them all to the front lines
Disadvantages
-If you have WAY less forces than the oppoment prepare to be slaughtered
-Hard to ENCIRCLE too

Wide Front
Advantages
-Lots of room to encircle and create ambushes
-Their forces will be spread thin and you can have many openings for attack and encircle perhaps
Disadvantages
-you can BE encircled too
-Be careful of openings on your side

so for the US a middle-wide Front is the best front we can fight

Encircle LIKE A BOSS
It is very important to capture divisions.If you destroy them they can be reinforced but if you destroy them it will be difficult to rebuild them.So their DOOMSTACK they got can be utterly encircled andevery division will be no longer available to the enemy,so encircle and destroy and them you will laugh at hteir numbers.

Navy

The navy of the US,which is the biggest and best of the world,will be a core aspect of the theater.It will do 3 things

1)Protect the supply and troops transports
2)Secure the Landings
3)Sink the other Navies to the bottom

Air force

Air force will be a key aspect of our success.Bombers can destroy big forces that land forces can't.Fighters will protect the barrages so they can Bomb better.But each one does that and only that.So what about a bomber that can defend itself.I am refering to the Multi-role planes.They can bomb and they can fight.2 in 1!It adds a lot of flexibility and I will use them a lot.

Supply

Imagine an 1.000.000 Army with no supplies and a 3.000 Army with full supplies and beyond.Who will win?Don't say so quickly the big army.Remember that supplies are ammo,repairs,food and water.Now you understand that the small army will win?Supplies are very important.We will transport our Armies through the Atlantic.So we need to protect the convoys.

If there is anybody that wants to help build the strategy into deeper levels,sure I'll hear the suggestions.

Senator and General John Sarigis(I leader-SC)

Name: Paul Jaeger. Senator for Tennessee.
Born: 1855 (age 82)
Party: Democrat

Policy ideas:
-- Foreign policy plans: Intervention only when America herself is threatened.

-- Budgets for IC: Huge investment in Battleships and Heavy Cruisers. Large increase in industrial capacity of the South, and large naval dockyard facilities. No planes or tanks as these new-fangled gizmos will never replace sabres, bayonets and explosive shells.

-- Budgets for Leadership: Agrarian, increasing all production levels to be able to fund any erstwhile US allies. A heavy emphasis on Battleships, artillery and a strong cavalry arm. Opposed to modern war methods in favour of a WW1 approach to war.

-- Declaring war/signing peace treaties: War is a neccessary part of being a great power and should be prosecuted with the full might of the US. Peace treaties are acceptable following neccessary concessions from the enemy.

-- Which faction we align ourselves to, if any: Anything that isnt red.

-- If one of the Big Four needs to be fired/replaced: Hire the best candidate available. However its a Presidential decision.

-- Input on our general deployments overseas: All US overseas territories should be defended, however following the loss of an oversea territory it must be taken back ASAP.

-- All decisions and law changes: Any that increase the productivity of the US, manpower, leadership and industrial or on the unity of the nation as a whole.

-- Nukes: Like tanks and planes they're just a fad, they'll never take off. That cash could be used on more artillery and saddles.

Welcome aboard!

Senator Newman,

While I agree that we need more officers, I think that less drastic measures are needed then a complete suspension of our research activities. Even if war comes to our nation we will still require time to organize and ship our forces to the appropriate theaters of combat, which can take months depending on the climate and local. Might I suggest a devotion of only 10 - 15 leadership to officer recruitment? This should allow us to swiftly fill our needs without totally gutting our research programs.

Senator Beckendorf,

How is a war with Japan likely when they are proving incapable against the Chinese, a barely civilized nation wracked by civil war? It would be madness for them to even consider attacking us while bogged down in China. I am personally far more worried about the USSR taking advantage of their weakness to attempt to spread Communism to both China and Japan, fulfilling their long held ambitions to the far east. Such an event would be a catastrophe for American interests.

- Sen Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

((Unfortunately (and I really must take it out of the intro), it's a hard coded AI thing for Japan to attack the US. I thought I could disable but I can't :( However, we probably should try to avoid meta-gaming.))

EDIT:

Mr President and Senators,
I have faithfully and proudly served in our nations army for 25 years. I distinguished myself commanding the 7th Infantry Brigade in France, 1918; leading successful attacks at both Meuse-Argonne and St. Mihiel. Since then i breifly took command of first the 6th Infantry Division until it's deactivation in 1921, and then the 2nd Army Corps in 1928. For the past 12 years i have served as a staff officer for General Marshall assigned to work on plans for the defense of our Pacific Island Bases. I always will put our nations goals ahead of my own personal goals, but i feel at some point so much hard work should pay off. After 12 years of no command i feel i deserve one, and i have general Marshall's recomendation.
If i am selected I will first ask that all main carrier task forces be sent to the Pacific. Intelligence and War games have shown that there will be an importance for thses units in the Pacific theater. I also want an Infantry Corps and the Pacific Submarine force sent to the Philipines, a marine brigade sent to help Garrison Guam and Wake, and radar stations on theose Islands. I would like that the president give me a list of forces currnetly in the Pacific, and a summary from congress about how much of our military strength they are willing to divert to the theater. War is coming gentlemen, and even if it doesnt it's better to be safe than sorry.
Plans for offensives in the Pacific will be dicided later depending on events that lead up to war.
thank you for listening and i hope I am chosen. If i am not i would like to be posted on ComPac's logistical or intelligence staff so that i may continue to serve our country where i am most needed.
Author's note: im not really sure how much role playing you want for this (i went all out, all the infor about brigades and divisions is historical), and also im not sure if im allowed to give myself general marshall's reccomendation ;). this seems like it would be quite fun so im very interested, have a good day. :)

Do you own a copy of the game? If you do, you should register. If you don't, you will find your job much more difficult. In fact, I've tended to disallow people who don't own at least the base game from holding more important positions, like this one.

I think we've heard from every potential commander but Saithis -- Saithis, do you intend to leave the position up to the other two or do you want to actively compete for it?

((Unfortunately (and I really must take it out of the intro), it's a hard coded AI thing for Japan to attack the US. I thought I could disable but I can't :( However, we probably should try to avoid meta-gaming.))

((Might have missed out that one, but Avindian, it is not able to disable the desicion?))
((Arosenberger, I might play a bit historical. I am not very imaginative :)))

(( I'll leave the position to them, they can fight over it. :) ))

although not a senator i agree with Senator Beckendorf, and strictly militarily speaking Japan poses the highest threat to the USA
marines, fighter wings, coastal foritifications, and naval bombers should be deployed to all our islands as well as army troops and submarines to the philipines, and all of our modern fast response fleets to Hawaii
let the Europeans fight over their colonies and empires; meanwhile we need to defend ourselves against both the Japanese and Communist threat

Welcome aboard!

EDIT:

Do you own a copy of the game? If you do, you should register. If you don't, you will find your job much more difficult. In fact, I've tended to disallow people who don't own at least the base game from holding more important positions, like this one.

I think we've heard from every potential commander but Saithis -- Saithis, do you intend to leave the position up to the other two or do you want to actively compete for it?

I do own FTM but i have yet to register on multiplayer
is it under the multiplayer tab or is it on these forums (where i can register)?

I do own FTM but i have yet to register on multiplayer
is it under the multiplayer tab or is it on these forums (where i can register)?

((Click on the 'My Games' tab next to the forum tab in the top of the forum. You can put in your serial keys there.))

((Might have missed out that one, but Avindian, it is not able to disable the desicion?))
((Arosenberger, I might play a bit historical. I am not very imaginative :)))

If I remember right, SF (possibly) and vanilla (definitely) had the declaration as an event; FTM does not. I'd either have to mess with the AI script (which I am not qualified to do in the least ;)) or do something nuts like put Japan in the Allies to stop them from attacking us. There are other attacks that are hardcoded, like USSR on Germany in/around 1943.

(( I'll leave the position to them, they can fight over it. :) ))

Fair enough!

thanks, im registered for FTM and SF, for some reason it wouldnt accept my vanilla code :(

I'm just glad to know you have the game! I'd PM a mod and let them know; I don't think it'll let you in to the tech support forums, if you need them, without the base game code.

So, we've got our four candidates and our two positions. Chiefs and Secretary Newman, it is time to vote. Here are your choices:

Pacific Commander

LoftenHenderson
Vrael_1492

Atlantic Commander

TankofMidgets
Greek HOI3

I'd like your votes, either in the thread or via PM (whichever makes you more comfortable), by Wednesday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT). It is possible we could have a tie for Pacific Commander; if that's the case (and only if that's the case), I'll cast the deciding vote.

((could you just edit a savegame immediately after the event to return peace?))

((Hmm... that MIGHT work. If we get that far and we haven't already gotten tied up in the war, I'll experiment. I do think that part of the hardcoding involves them having smacked around China more than they have in this timeline.))

(( After some contemplation, I vote for Vrael_1492 for Pacific Commander and TankOfMidgets for Atlantic Commander, although I found it hard to make said choice. ))

(( After some contemplation, I vote for Vrael_1492 for Pacific Commander and TankOfMidgets for Atlantic Commander, although I found it hard to make said choice. ))
Seconded, though I do agree with the difficulty of the choice. Maybe if there is an African or Indian Ocean theater/s later the others could be given an opportunity?

Okay. That makes it unanimous then. Tom will be Atlantic Commander, Vrael will be Pacific Commander, and Chimina gets Tom's old spot as Chief of the Army. Hearings begin now; you can ask questions of any of the nominees until Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT).

We also have a bill to vote on.

My proposed bill would leave the current budget unchanged except with regard to LS points. As soon as we institute the Gearing up for war decision, that should repeal the New Deal and allow us to move away from All Volunteer Army. As soon as we move away from Volunteer Army, my proposal for LS points would be as follows:

Leadership:

Officers: 35.29, or whatever the maximum number is at that time.
Diplomacy: 0
Espionage: 0
Research: 0 If education is being researched and is 3 months or less from completion, leave 1 point for education until it finishes. Then shift that point and the new points to recruitment.

My proposal would have us stay at max officer recruitment until we reach at least 101% of required minimum officers but not beyond 105%. At that point, I propose the following:

Leadership:

Officers: 4.04
Diplomacy: 0.25 (The president may use more for a short time at his discretion to make up for shortfalls caused by the above policy.)
Espionage: 1.0 (The president may use more for a short time at his discretion to make up for shortfalls caused by the above policy.)
Research: 30 remains for efficient study of new technologies.

This should carry us until the next budgetary session. Thank you.
Richard Newman (R) Georgia

Please vote Aye or Nay on Newman-Sharpe. If this bill passes, we will also immediately enact the new manpower law (two year draft?). Same deadline, unless we have a filibuster.

Aye on Newman-Sharpe.

Seconded, though I do agree with the difficulty of the choice. Maybe if there is an African or Indian Ocean theater/s later the others could be given an opportunity?

((We could split the Atlantic theater in two - I would take Northern Europe [France, the Benelux states, Germany, and Scandinavia], while Greek HOI3 would take Southern Europe [North Africa, Italy, the Balkans, and Germany]. It would make for a more interesting game if he and I get to argue over which approach will work better as in OTL.

Not sure what we could do about the Pacific theater - maybe have Southeast Asia become its own theater, as in real life, and have the Pacific theater be the Pacific islands, China, and Japan itself?))