• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( Cool, go for it. :) ))

After some consideration, I vote AYE on "Gearing for War". Although I do not want war as it may be bad for business, we should be prepared for it as a surprise attack could cripple our economy long-term. A strong but firm hand is required to show our potential enemies what kind of country we are.

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Last edited:
((Ok, great. When do we get the latest situational upload?))

Poll:

Gearing for War
Aye 3
Nay 0

I am also taking this opportunity to officially nominate Senator Newman (son of liberty) as the new Secretary of War. Senators, please vote to confirm his appointment.

((Also, Saithis, Chimina, Tom, please confirm whether or not you wish to take one of the Theater Commander slots.))

EDIT: son of liberty, if everything goes smoothly, probably Monday. Maybe Tuesday. Depends on how long the Theater Commander process takes.

((It'd be nice for various reasons of getting more people involved if the others got some positions, but if no one else is willing to be the Pacific Theater Commander, I'll do it. Consider me a backup, I suppose, only doing it if no one else wants to.))

((It'd be nice for various reasons of getting more people involved if the others got some positions, but if no one else is willing to be the Pacific Theater Commander, I'll do it. Consider me a backup, I suppose, only doing it if no one else wants to.))

Fair enough.

I vote Aye for Gearing for War. We must build up our armed forces to protect our great nation from aggressive nations. Japan is a threat to the great state of Oregon!

That makes it:

Aye 4
Nay 0.

Don't forget to vote on confirming our new Secretary of War as well!

Personal modesty not withstanding, I vote Aye on the new secretary of war.

I vote Aye for Gearing Up for War. It's about time we fixed the New Deal.

And, of course, I vote Aye to confirm our new Secretary of War. ((Also, son of liberty, which of the HoI ministers are you? I can't seem to find your choice in your prior posts.))

- Senator Stephen McCarthy (D-TX)

((I'll take the Atlantic Theater Commander slot if we can find someone else to take the Army Chief spot. Any takers?))

I vote Aye on Gearing Up for War!

As for a Theater Commander, it sounds like a lot of fun but I'm completely unfamiliar with HoI3 mechanics so I'll pass.

- Sen. John Linton, D-FL

((I was hoping to be Henry J Kaiser, but he doesn't seem to be available in HOI3. So, Wagner is fine. That is who we have now, correct? ))

I vote Aye on Gearing for War and Aye for our new Secretary of War.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire.

((I'll be Chief of Army if you could mod Sinclaire in and I get some help on being a rookie.))

Personal modesty not withstanding, I vote Aye on the new secretary of war.

I vote Aye for Gearing Up for War. It's about time we fixed the New Deal.

And, of course, I vote Aye to confirm our new Secretary of War. ((Also, son of liberty, which of the HoI ministers are you? I can't seem to find your choice in your prior posts.))

- Senator Stephen McCarthy (D-TX)

((I'll take the Atlantic Theater Commander slot if we can find someone else to take the Army Chief spot. Any takers?))

I vote Aye on Gearing Up for War!

As for a Theater Commander, it sounds like a lot of fun but I'm completely unfamiliar with HoI3 mechanics so I'll pass.

- Sen. John Linton, D-FL

((I was hoping to be Henry J Kaiser, but he doesn't seem to be available in HOI3. So, Wagner is fine. That is who we have now, correct? ))

I vote Aye on Gearing for War and Aye for our new Secretary of War.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire.

((I'll be Chief of Army if you could mod Sinclaire in and I get some help on being a rookie.))

Polls:

Gearing for War

Aye: 7
Nay: 0

New Secretary of War

Aye: 2 ((Sorry, son of liberty, I think there's a little conflict of interest in counting your vote ;)))
Nay: 0

SovietAmerika, I don't know enough about modding HOI3 to add your character as Chief of the Army. You can choose somebody available in 1939 (MacArthur or Craig). Also, if you don't own a copy of the game, it may be difficult to follow along.

So, Senators, we have a couple of potential posts to fill. Chief of the Army and Pacific Theater Commander. If you'd like to be considered for either post, post here and give a brief sentence or two on your policies should you get the position. I am going to mandate owning a copy of the game for either post -- doesn't necessarily have to include FtM, but definitely the base game. FTM is obviously best, so you can look at saves when I post them. Our current Chiefs and Secretary of War will select from the candidates; if there's a tie vote, I'll choose. We'll then go through confirmation hearings.

((Hmmm, you make a point. Maybe I'll let someone who owns the game take the position.))

((Hmmm, you make a point. Maybe I'll let someone who owns the game take the position.))

((I do appreciate your willingness to help! You've been a loyal contributor for a long time :)))

((I do appreciate your willingness to help! You've been a loyal contributor for a long time :)))

((If something else comes up that I'd serve well as a double for, then I'll volunteer.))

1. Vote on Gearing for War.
2. Determine Theater Commanders; if any of the Chiefs want to take on these duties, that's fine (but will require some additional effort). They get first crack, and I'd like to know if any of you intend to take the jobs by Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT).
2a. If one or both spots is open, we will allow Senators ((in the guise of military leaders, naturally )) to nominate themselves for the post. We'll go over how that would work when/if the time comes.
3. Any foreign policy or domestic bills any two Senators wish to propose.
4. Choose Party Leaders. Right now, son of liberty is the only person to formally request leadership of a party; I'm inclined to give it to him if he is unopposed.

1. Yes, Gearing for war is a must. As I always have, I will say once again that we must drift towards the Allies.
2. If nobody will take the job, I will! Atlantic Theater Commander.
3. Is it possible to propsoe a bill this weekend? I've been awfully busy this week and simply didn't had the time to write anything.
4. Is Linton officially our Party Leader? Otherwise Beckendorff, McCarthy, Kenzington or myself, I find best qualified due to our level of activity in this AAR. Not that I have any problem with senator Linton. I am sure he will do a fine job as party leader.

((I shall pass on theater commander, but if no-one else takes the Chief of the Army I can step in there; the Army Air Corps was subservient to the Army until after the war, as the name might imply :) ))

----------------------

I shall vote AYE on Gearing for War! Maybe then we can get some upgrades for the army finished!

-Senator De Brink, D-WY

I vote AYE on the new Secretary of War.

~ Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

1. While Germanys move of Annexing a "only" 30 years old country or as theyd call it - liberate the slovaks - is arguable of its tolerability, Italy has annexed a completely independent, and culturly unrelated Nation. Germany has Broken the Treaty of Munich. Enough is enough. Gearing up for war is, not the perfect solution for thie re-polarization of the World, but it is the best we can do. Gearing up for war we have to, i say. Aye to gearing up for war.

2. If i'd appear to have the consent of my fellow senators, i'd take the post of High-Command of a theater.

- Senator Franz Vormüller - (Left Wing-Radical - WA)

1. Vote on Gearing for War.
2. Determine Theater Commanders; if any of the Chiefs want to take on these duties, that's fine (but will require some additional effort). They get first crack, and I'd like to know if any of you intend to take the jobs by Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT).
2a. If one or both spots is open, we will allow Senators ((in the guise of military leaders, naturally )) to nominate themselves for the post. We'll go over how that would work when/if the time comes.
3. Any foreign policy or domestic bills any two Senators wish to propose.
4. Choose Party Leaders. Right now, son of liberty is the only person to formally request leadership of a party; I'm inclined to give it to him if he is unopposed.

1. Yes, Gearing for war is a must. As I always have, I will say once again that we must drift towards the Allies.
2. If nobody will take the job, I will! Atlantic Theater Commander.
3. Is it possible to propsoe a bill this weekend? I've been awfully busy this week and simply didn't had the time to write anything.
4. Is Linton officially our Party Leader? Otherwise Beckendorff, McCarthy, Kenzington or myself, I find best qualified due to our level of activity in this AAR. Not that I have any problem with senator Linton. I am sure he will do a fine job as party leader.

You're welcome to propose bills until Sunday at 10 PM (-6 CST). Linton is officially party leader for now, unless somebody else wants it and/or runs for it.

((I shall pass on theater commander, but if no-one else takes the Chief of the Army I can step in there; the Army Air Corps was subservient to the Army until after the war, as the name might imply :) ))

----------------------

I shall vote AYE on Gearing for War! Maybe then we can get some upgrades for the army finished!

-Senator De Brink, D-WY

That's one candidate for Chief of the Army -- would you care to share your views for the Senators?

I vote AYE on the new Secretary of War.

~ Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

1. While Germanys move of Annexing a "only" 30 years old country or as theyd call it - liberate the slovaks - is arguable of its tolerability, Italy has annexed a completely independent, and culturly unrelated Nation. Germany has Broken the Treaty of Munich. Enough is enough. Gearing up for war is, not the perfect solution for thie re-polarization of the World, but it is the best we can do. Gearing up for war we have to, i say. Aye to gearing up for war.

2. If i'd appear to have the consent of my fellow senators, i'd take the post of High-Command of a theater.

- Senator Franz Vormüller - (Left Wing-Radical - WA)

tyriet/Jos Ballenbak, do either of you own the game? The icons under your avatar would suggest you do not, and I did state that as a precondition for the commander posts.

Tom, I took your earlier message to say that you would rather be Atlantic Theater Commander than Chief of the Army -- am I correct?

Gearing for War

Aye 7
Nay 0

Secretary Newman

Aye 3
Nay 0