• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator John Linton just got back from a five month holiday to Hawaii, not going anywhere anymore either!

- John Linton, D-FL

Senator John Sarigis still on the action,count me

Senator John Sarigis,I-SC

[pokes head out of Howard Stark's super secret research lab in Ohio] Present!

-Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

Present for voting out of New England! Not going anywhere.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

I'm still in to fullfil my duty for the people.

-Senator Franz Vormüller (Left-Wing Radical -WA)

Senator Richard D. Sharpe from Washington present.

Senator Richard D. Sharpe D-WA

((Alright, I've added all of you to the list. We're now at 14/28. Also, sorry for the impending double post - I haven't had time to look over the budget bills and decide who's offering me the better bribe which one is better.))

I would like to change my vote to Sharpe-Newman.
Sirce has good advice, or at least bold the vote here. Thank you for your support. As soon as we change away from all volunteer army, we will move all leadership to recruit officers until we reach 100%, then we split the leadership reasonably.

Poll so far:

Sharpe-Newman: 3
DeBrink-Beckendorff: 0.

((Oh, and Sirce, you just have to say which one you're voting for -- you obviously can't vote for both ;)))

We vote Aye for the DeBrink-Beckendorf Bill.

- Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Last edited:
I know, but in most voting situation, its an Aye or Nay for each bill. This was a bit odd voting situation.

((Fair enough.))

We vote Aye for the DeBrink-Beckendorff Bill.

- Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Poll is now:

Sharpe-Newman: 3

DeBrink-Beckendorff: 1

I'm vote for the De Brink-Beckendorf bill (obviously).

- Senator Charles Beckendorf

((To everyone, Beckendorf is with one f at the end! Just to clear up :)))

So i shall vote Aye to Sharpe-Newman's Budget Draft.
Unemplaoying all our researchers and laborants would not be good for our economy, causing us to fall backwards in this rapidly chaning world. I doubt the effectiveness of the Officer draft, proposed in the other Bugdget Draft, as the prestige of a military career at the moment is not a high one.

- Senator Franz Vormüller (Left-Wing Radical, WA)

Poll is now:

Sharpe-Newman: 4
DeBrink-Beckendorf: 4

((I have two republicans in favor of filibuster. I need the rest of the republicans to contact me asap please. Thanks.))

((I have two republicans in favor of filibuster. I need the rest of the republicans to contact me asap please. Thanks.))

I've done some thinking on the party leader situation. Here's what makes the most sense to me.

1. Party leadership, for now, will be based on seniority. I will use Tom's recent quorum to determine who is/isn't active and make the most senior member there the party leader.
2. Our Chiefs cannot also be party leaders. (Too many irons in the fire; you understand, I'm sure :D)
3. Parties can elect their own leaders with a majority vote.

So, the current party leaders are

Democrats: Sethanon: John Linton, D-FL
Republicans: arosenberger14: Thomas Rudolf, R-OH
Independents: Greek HOI3: John Sarigis, I-SC.

((I will indicate this on the OP))

Presumably you would consult with your party before any filibusters, but you aren't obliged to. You can also feel free to pass on party leadership to the next most senior member, or, again, overturn with a vote.

So son of liberty, if one of your two is Rudolf, filibuster away.

Settled? Good!

Now, poll:

Sharpe-Newman: 5
DeBrink-Beckendorf: 4

((Incidentally, if you guys want to name your own bills, that's fine with me -- I've just been using names as a matter of convenience.))

EDIT: I've added filibuster and quorum stuff to the OP. Any Senator can call a quorum at any point with my permission in advance (as Tom got). These will be necessary for party leaders.

For our purposes a Session is defined as one six month period during peace time; if I call you into a special session, filibusters are not permitted.

Last edited:
First things first I will vote on the DeBrink-Bechendorf Bill

Second,I'd like to thank the president to lead the independents(soon is going to be the Left Party)

Third,as a party leader i'd like to filibuster the bill a bit
Let pay attention to this spot

Research: 33.01 -> To be divided into: Army 9 slots, Navy 9 slots, Army Air Corps 9 slots, Civilian 6 slots.
My changes to this.
Research: 33.01 -> To be divided into; Army 10 slots,Navy 8 slots,Army air corps 7 slots, Civilian 9 slots.

That is my change

Signed,John Sarigis [I-SC]