• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( How did you know we were researching the land carriers?! Have you been spying on us?!

In all seriousness, I'd propose a bill, but I'm just an Admiral. ))

((I cut a deal with Chimina - he tells me what you're building, and I build him flying tanks. ;)

And likewise on the bills - I'd love to write my own budget, but I can't because of conflict of interest.

Also, a bit OT but it's worth sharing: I started up another US campaign so that I could devise strategies against Japan while I wait. Naturally, this campaign went entirely off the rails when Nationalist China did this:

HoI3_167.jpg

It's currently 3 and 1/2 years on: Japan has been thrown out of China and is on course to be thrown off the continent entirely. I can only hope our Nationalist China does half that well, it would make our job a lot easier.))

Leadership:

Officers: 0 Technology should be our primary and overriding consideration
Diplomacy: 0.25 This should still be sufficient to cover our needs
Espionage: 1.0 Germany, the USSR and Japan should be our main targets
Research: 32.68 or the remainder

Technology Plan: Research efficiency should be our primary concern here. There is no use spending precious leadership on technologies that are too advanced to finish in less than a year.

IC Distribution:

Upgrades: 0 As we will be researching many new designs upgrading should be left until next year when they are complete
Reinforcement: .25 this should cover retirements and any other needs
Supplies: 0 as none are needed
Consumer Goods: whatever is required for zero dissent
Production: the remainder with concentration on new factories, roads, railroads, ports, airfields and other sources of civilian employment.

My proposal is designed to increase civilian employment and jump start the economic recovery. Our citizens have suffered enough with severe unemployment and a degraded standard of living. It is time to get our people back to work.

Does any Senator see fit to support Senator Newman's bill?

That gives us one official bill -- the Newman-Kenzington Act. Do we have any other takers? If I don't have at least hints another bill is in the works by tomorrow evening, Newman-Kenzington will win by default.

I would support the Newman Bill, were it not for the fact that I cannot seem to find any spending on our military departement at all?
As far as I recall the entire idea of last year's bill was to develop the techniques and units and to construct them in the upcoming year. Or am I completely mistaken?

I would like to get the above mentioned clarified before I support or make any bill of my own.

- Sen. John Linton [D-FL]

I would support the Newman Bill, were it not for the fact that I cannot seem to find any spending on our military departement at all?
As far as I recall the entire idea of last year's bill was to develop the techniques and units and to construct them in the upcoming year. Or am I completely mistaken?

I would like to get the above mentioned clarified before I support or make any bill of my own.

Senator Linton makes an excellent point. Senator Newman, either you or Senator Kenzington needs to distribute the IC and techs among the branches of our armed forces and the Secretary of War's discretional spending ((IC, infrastructure, rocket test sites, etc.)) Please have a new draft on my desk by Saturday, 10 PM CST (-6 GMT) at the latest.

President Roosevelt

((I just supported it so we can get a Bill to argue about, but it seems that the game as somewhat died down since the beginning of the game))

((I agree; not sure what we could do to stir up additional interest though. I'm up for any ideas!))

((I agree; not sure what we could do to stir up additional interest though. I'm up for any ideas!))

((Maybe we could vote on an issue after an assassination or something? That could possibly include a senator making a bill to outlaw the assassin's party or what have you.))

I congratulate the gentleman from the great state of Florida for actually reading the bill, so many of our brethren seem to ignore the actual text. There is NO military spending. I invite your attention to my explanatory statement....
My proposal is designed to increase civilian employment and jump start the economic recovery. Our citizens have suffered enough with severe unemployment and a degraded standard of living. It is time to get our people back to work.

Our nation was drawn into the European conflagration last generation and our people still suffer the consequences. The depression with which we still wrestle was a direct result of that intervention. It is my belief that we should mind our own business and alleviate the suffering of our people by creating real jobs.

((We don't "KNOW" that Japan will attack us, so for the sake of having some fun I am advocating strict isolationism))

I agree with Senator Newman on the proposed bill. I'm not supporting it if it starves our military completely. We still need to defend his nation, isolation or no.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire

((If you're up for any ideas, I could try throwing a coup (since I'm MacArthur, the only U.S. general who had even a remote chance of pulling one off). I'm not sure how you'd fix the mechanics to make it work (maybe just have all the still-active players get a cabinet slot?), but my inevitable trial and execution might pull some spectators.

Or you could just ask us for a production/research wishlist through 1941, and just keep playing until the war starts. Kinda defeats the point of voting, but it'll get people to the action faster; inactivity shouldn't be as much of a problem once the war starts, since we could all command a specific army/fleet, and vote on what to produce and who should get priority on new units.))

EDIT: ((There's even a perfect justification for it - the Newman-Kenzington bill passes by default, MacArthur flips his desk because he has no military funding, and decides to throw a coup. Maybe FDR tells him to dissolve Congress or something, so that you don't actually have to change any ministers.))

Last edited:
EDIT: ((There's even a perfect justification for it - the Newman-Kenzington bill passes by default, MacArthur flips his desk because he has no military funding, and decides to throw a coup. Maybe FDR tells him to dissolve Congress or something, so that you don't actually have to change any ministers.))
((LMAO. Playing out an attempted coup could be fun. Remember the "Business Putsch" that Smedley Butters averted in 33 iirc(need to check that date) I was just hoping to stir some debate and force extra factories to be built in my home state. Pork barrel spending at it's finest. ))

(( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot ))

((LMAO. Playing out an attempted coup could be fun. Remember the "Business Putsch" that Smedley Butters averted in 33 iirc(need to check that date) I was just hoping to stir some debate and force extra factories to be built in my home state. Pork barrel spending at it's finest. ))

(( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot ))

((Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking - plot a coup and force Congress to vote it down or something, maybe put people in charge of particular armies like in Shadow of the Andes. And I actually don't have a problem with your bill OOC, I'm just using it as an excuse to mess around IC.

As for the Business Putsch... probably beats out its German namesake for the title of "worst-executed coup in history." :rofl:))

EDIT: ((Hey, you even know how I could pull it off, seeing as you have a KR AAR about MacArthur! Reading now, maybe it'll give me some ideas. ;)))

Last edited:
((Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking - plot a coup and force Congress to vote it down or something, maybe put people in charge of particular armies like in Shadow of the Andes. And I actually don't have a problem with your bill OOC, I'm just using it as an excuse to mess around IC.

As for the Business Putsch... probably beats out its German namesake for the title of "worst-executed coup in history." :rofl:))

EDIT: ((Hey, you even know how I could pull it off, seeing as you have a KR AAR about MacArthur! Reading now, maybe it'll give me some ideas. ;)))

(( Sounds like very interesting stuff to me, I wonder where the Navy would fall on this! ))

((That is Darkest Hour, so I don't know how much help it would be. It was a world conquest and is completed. I really enjoy the KR mod. I am hoping to learn more about HOI3 by doing this))

(( Sounds like very interesting stuff to me, I wonder where the Navy would fall on this! ))

((Though I just wonder how this AAR would still be interactive if the coup happens.))

((That depends on how the Chief of the Navy feels. ;)))

((That is Darkest Hour, so I don't know how much help it would be. It was a world conquest and is completed. I really enjoy the KR mod. I am hoping to learn more about HOI3 by doing this))

((Yeah, sadly, we don't have those events in HoI3. Still, I could actually just get elected - I've seen MacArthur actually elected to office in other USAARs, so I could just run for office. MacArthur 1940: the only choice for President. :laugh:))

((Though I just wonder how this AAR would still be interactive if the coup happens.))

((Yeah, that would be the main issue. Kind of hard to vote when the nation's being run by a military dictator. Maybe Avindian will figure out a way to reconcile it... or maybe not, in which case I won't coup - what's the point of a coup if it doesn't actually make the AAR more fun?))

Last edited:
((That depends on how the Chief of the Navy feels. ;)))

((Yeah, sadly, we don't have those events in HoI3. Still, I could actually just get elected - I've seen MacArthur actually elected to office in other USAARs, so I could just run for office. MacArthur 1940: the only choice for President. :laugh:))

((Yeah, that would be the main issue. Kind of hard to vote when the nation's being run by a military dictator. Maybe Avindian will figure out a way to reconcile it... or maybe not, in which case I won't coup - what's the point of a coup if it doesn't actually make the AAR more fun?))

((Hmm... maybe we all become advisers to MacArthur? We can have a system that makes us more than voices echoing into his head.))

((Hmm... maybe we all become advisers to MacArthur? We can have a system that makes us more than voices echoing into his head.))

((Well, of course. No good coup is complete without co-conspirators, after all.))