• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'm going to have to remove myself from the AAR because of health problems taking up most of my time for the forseable future))

((Get well soon and rest easy!)

((Thanks for all the support, it sucks being sick, but we'll see what happens in the future, i'm hopeful that it might be over quickly!!))

So i might just jump in as well :D
Franz Vormüller (born 1898)
Senator of Washington, Member of the Left Wing-Radicals, ((forgot what they are called i could check but to lazy right now :S))
- Son of an Emigrant for germany
- Became important in the party because of his membership in the dock-workers union.

Policy Ideas:

Foreign Policy: Imperialism, and Neo Imperialism must be broken at all cost.
Budgets for Ic: well we will see, a decent military for defense is always necessary, but interior matters go first.
Faction Question: I would say Comintern, however if the Soviet union turns out to be trying to get the Russian empire back, i say no!

All the other questions that come up, i will answer if necessary (if bills come up etc)

((Did you forget to switch to consumer product orientation? We should have more IC available for production.))

((I was under the impression that there was a neutrality change required for that? I don't have the game with me, but if somebody can confirm it's something I can do right away, I'll go ahead and do that.))

So i might just jump in as well :D
Franz Vormüller (born 1898)
Senator of Washington, Member of the Left Wing-Radicals, ((forgot what they are called i could check but to lazy right now :S))
- Son of an Emigrant for germany
- Became important in the party because of his membership in the dock-workers union.

Policy Ideas:

Foreign Policy: Imperialism, and Neo Imperialism must be broken at all cost.
Budgets for Ic: well we will see, a decent military for defense is always necessary, but interior matters go first.
Faction Question: I would say Comintern, however if the Soviet union turns out to be trying to get the Russian empire back, i say no!

All the other questions that come up, i will answer if necessary (if bills come up etc)

Welcome, Senator! I'll add you to this list.

((I'm just wondering if we could postpone the Bill deadline to thrusday so that i can submitt one on wednesday, before that i don't have the time :)))

((If arosenberger is right, I'll have to extend it regardless. I'll let everybody know once I find out how the Consumer Goods Orientation works.))

((It's one of the Industry laws on the government tab. Currently we're at mixed industry but consumer focus is actually better. There was a large discussion with MacArthur about this when I was planning the budget, and the switch was included in it and factored in to IC allotments. You actually can change it without any neutrality, I tested it when I was planning the budget. Without the switch things seem to have gone somewhat off budget IC wise :confused:))

((It's one of the Industry laws on the government tab. Currently we're at mixed industry but consumer focus is actually better. There was a large discussion with MacArthur about this when I was planning the budget, and the switch was included in it and factored in to IC allotments. You actually can change it without any neutrality, I tested it when I was planning the budget. Without the switch things seem to have gone somewhat off budget IC wise :confused:))

((I remembered it being brought up, but I'd said it was tied to neutrality and nobody corrected me at the time :rolleyes:))

So here's what he's talking about.

industriallaws.jpg

At first glance, it looks like we're in the better policy now; however, I assume the -20% to Daily Dissent makes up for the -4% difference in Consumer Goods? I am appointing Senator Rudolph to prepare a brief report on this new legislation. All budget discussion is suspended until this is settle; once Senator Rudolph has finished his report, we shall vote on this.

President Roosevelt

((It's alright, my glorious infantry divisions can wait until their serial build finishes - I'll just need to delay our invasion of Canada by a month or two. :laugh:))

IC With Mixed Industry:
2012-01-30_00001.jpg

IC With Consumer Product Orientation:
2012-01-30_00002.jpg

Gentlemen, I believe that the benefits of Consumer Product Orientation are quite apparent and substantial.

-Sen Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

Thank you, Senator Rudolf. I appreciate your using the 1937 figures.

So, it is time to vote:

Do we or do we not enact the Consumer Product Law of 1938?

President Roosevelt

((Note: If you aren't paying attention, it's a little tricky to get, but notice how much less we need in Consumer Goods with CPO. We actually have 160 base right now in 1938, so it'd be that much more significant.

Vote Aye or Nay. I expect this vote to go quickly; by tomorrow, Tuesday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT) I'll call it.))

(( OOC: To clarify the numbers, CPO reduces consumer goods demand by 24.49 and increases production requirements by 4.28, for a net saving of 20.21 IC available for anything we want to do with it. ))

I vote Aye for CPO. Consumer Goods can help save the economy, and our economy needs saving. Let every American have the opportunity to buy what he needs for his family, but within the free market.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire

I vote Aye for CPO. Consumer Goods can help save the economy, and our economy needs saving. Let every American have the opportunity to buy what he needs for his family, but within the free market.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire

Thank you, Senator.

((BTW, let's all please remember to bold votes :D))

I will as well vote Aye in favor of CPO.

Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA