• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Sorry for my slow-ness, I got sick and have been to the doctor and have spent a lot of time away from the computer and sleeping the passed few days... Anyway, I'm sending this from my phone now, when I get home in a few hours I'll toss up the naval budget. :)))

So, I just got a PM from bod305 -- he's not going to be able to give us his budget (I don't think) and he's resigning. Here's what we'll do. Novatheorem, you've been appointed acting CNO. You can use bod's plan, your own, whatever. I'd like to at least get some debate started again. Let's say that we'll have a workable budget for the Navy (and thereby Atlantic plans) by Sunday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).

In the meantime, if you've got a hankering to vote, why not vote here?

((That'll work. I'll get something to you by mid-day tomorrow [1/13/2013].))

EDIT: ((Does anyone know why the forums aren't sending me emails to notify me of posts anymore?))

Last edited:
((That'll work. I'll get something to you by mid-day tomorrow [1/13/2013].))

EDIT: ((Does anyone know why the forums aren't sending me emails to notify me of posts anymore?))

((You have to check the subscription settings.))

CNO's Naval Budget

((Minor adaptation of the previous CNO's naval budget, but I haven't had time to calculate the new IC total. It should be well under 200 running at any given time, however.))

United Stats Naval Budget

Total Available Resources

200 IC
17 LP

Memos and Planning
The German Threat has subsided, but war is not over. War with Japan is still a threat, though the main threat by far is the Soviet Union. As such, we must show the red bear that we have the superior navy, though at the same time we must avoid weakening ourselves for Japan. The Soviet threat will come from the Pacific, but the possibility of a strike from the Baltic is real.

Production
To defend the Baltic, additional ships will be added to existing units, with two new CTF groups will be made in the Pacific to face Japan and the Soviets. The Soviet Union, while having large amounts of coastline are not a major power, and airforce will be a major strength here, so Carriers will be a valuable asset.

Two new destroyers are to be produced, and added to the FRF "Daemon"
Two new destroyers are to be produced, and added to the SAG "Texas"

For the Pacific Theatre, two new Carrier Task Forces, two new Surface Action Groups and the ships for them, are to be made. All of the units are requested to be deployed under the command of PACCOM.

First, the SAG "Baltimore" and "Arizona", consisting of:

One Battleship (BB 2 parallel)
Two Heavy Cruisers (CA 2 parallel x 2)
Six Destroyers (DD 3 parallel x 4)

Further, three new CTFs, "Death Valley", "Nantucket" and "Powhattan"; consisting of:

Two Carriers (CVN 2 Parallel x 3)
Four Light Cruisers (CL 2 Parallel x 6)
Four Destroyers (DD 4 Parallel x 3)

In addition, for reinforcement along the fronts -

Two Battleships, (In Queue - BB 1 parallel x 1)
Three Heavy Cruisers (In Queue - CA 1 parallel x 3)
Ten Destroyers (In Queue - DD 1 parallel x 10)

Leadership Points
The Navy's technology request is to work for RADAR Training in the Fleet Auxiliary Carrier Doctrine, with the rest of the points requested to be deferred to the United Stats Air Force, as the Navy believes the Air Force will be the key to winning this war.

Signed,
Admiral William Halsey, Jr, CNO.

The budget has been added to the front page. shierholzer, whenever you're ready, post your ideas for the Atlantic Theater.

That queue looks nice and powerful, Admiral.

((Let's get this thing rolling again.))

That reminds me; you've got extra tech slots now; use them as you will. :)

So, as our good General reminds us, AARlander 6 is already out. Check it out! :)

((And now another belated New Year's present for you all!))

US Armed Forces Leadership Budget
January 1st 1944 - March 1st 1944
As composed by the USAAF Office

Available: 37 LP

The recruitment and training of officers is top priority as of now. We don’t even have enough commanders to cover our existing forces, let alone covering our army, in two months, with a proper ratio ((140%)). After the recruitment of officers has been completed, research will be properly divided between branches. I’ve also scrapped four research teams that were assigned to tasks that require prior knowledge ((1945 techs)), and two submarine-related researches.

Phase One:
- Increase Officer Ratio to 140% (35 LP).
- Research tech: Strategic Rocket Development (1LP).
- Research tech: Civil Nuclear Research (1LP)
- When Officer Ratio hits 140%, proceed to Phase 2.

Phase Two:
- Assign 2 LP to Officer Recruitment.
- Research techs (35 LP):

Airtechs_zps8f111c2c.jpg

Techs2.png

((Might I suggest a quorum? It would be good to know the state of affairs as we move forward.))

((Might I suggest a quorum? It would be good to know the state of affairs as we move forward.))

Consider this a formal call for a quorum. Simply vote "present" or something so we know who's active and who isn't.

Present

Present,
Senator Mary Phillips (D-CA)

My aide is still active in the Senate in my stead. I am still in West Virginia, and will be returning to Washington shortly

Sam G. Écossais - R-WV