• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Which positions are currently open?))

((We're looking for a Commander of the Atlantic Theater; you'd need to own FTM so that you can read the saves.))

Do you need a vast amount of experience to be Commander of the Atlantic Theater?

Not really; you can ask for help from the Senate (something we're in the process of working up) if you need to. You'd be setting up plans, for the most part just assigning objectives to the Army Groups. You have manual control of the Marines, but all other assets, land, air, and naval, are handled by the AI. Heck, I've only finished three games of HOI3 myself, none with FTM, so you might have more experience than I do! :)

Do you own FTM?

Not really; you can ask for help from the Senate (something we're in the process of working up) if you need to. You'd be setting up plans, for the most part just assigning objectives to the Army Groups. You have manual control of the Marines, but all other assets, land, air, and naval, are handled by the AI. Heck, I've only finished three games of HOI3 myself, none with FTM, so you might have more experience than I do! :)

Do you own FTM?

Yes and I'm also very interested in WWII and the military history on a whole. As for only controlling the Marines, does that mean that the AI can randomly land troops in enemy provinces if it sees fit?

Yes and I'm also very interested in WWII and the military history on a whole. As for only controlling the Marines, does that mean that the AI can randomly land troops in enemy provinces if it sees fit?

No; initial landings are handled by you. Forgive me for not making that clear. I'll send you a template that Tom (TankofMidgets) used to use and proved quite effective.

So, with ZebraMinge assuming the role of ATLCOM, this AAR is back on track, once he sends along his plans! However, we could still set up a Senate Armed Services Committee. This Committee would offer comments on plans or other military matters; their advice would be non-binding (unless I choose to make it so). I will put this particular item to a vote: just vote Yes or No to the establishment of the Senate Armed Services Committee. I've set Sakura_F as Democratic Party Leader as well.

Thanks again, ZebraMinge!

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D) votes Yes to the establishment of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Further, I submit myself for consideration to be a member of this committee.

That's

Yes: 2
No: 0.

Those wishing to be included in said committee should submit their names to the party leaders. I envision a nine person committee, in case they wish to vote for a non-binding resolution without ties. For Democrats, Sakura_F is your leader. For Republicans, son of liberty. For Independents, Greek HOI3. Each party can nominate three people to serve; party leaders may not nominate themselves unless they do not have enough names.

M E M O R A N D U M

addressed to:
Senator Mary Phillipps - California (D)
Democratic Party Leader
a.k.a: Sakura_F

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)
a.k.a: robw963

regarding:
Senate Armed Services Committee

I respectfully submit myself for consideration to become a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. I would commit myself to representing the interests of the Democratic Party, protection of our noble Republic and towards a final and decisive victory over our enemies so help us God.

Sincerely,

petergerry.png

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)

Last edited:
Let's not get distracted by the fanciness of Senator Gerry's signature, there is still a vote going on!

I will close the polls Sunday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT). Party leaders, in anticipation of a successful vote, please pass along your three names to me by then.

Dear fellow senators,

I apologize for the lack of communication lately. I have unfortunately not been able to answer to the quorum before now, as I had no possibility of doing so during my holiday. However now I am fully operational again, and I assure you that I will stay that way for quite some time. I also have to congratulate Mary Phillips as our new party leader. I wish her good luck in her assignment.

As for the current proposal running I am in favor of creating the Senate Armed Services Committee. It will further centralize the war efforts, and will help our nation to ultimately achieve victory over the fascists.

Furthermore, with all due respect I would like to be taken into consideration as a candidate when/if we establish the Senate Armed Services Committee. I would commit myself to protect our glorious republic, the values of our nation, and of the Democratic party to see the defeat of our enemies, who have dared to attack us or our allies.

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

This Senator votes Yes.

-Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

I vote Aye.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Poll:

Yes: 5
Nay: 0.

So we can keep things moving, I'll go ahead and approve the committee under EVA. Party leaders still have until Sunday evening to send me the names.

I'm still waiting on names for the committee. SovietAmerika (R), PvtPrivate (D), robw963 (D), and Vrael_1492 (D) have all expressed interest. That would fill the Democratic part of the committee, but we've only got one Republican and no Independents.

I PMed ZebraMinge to find out when I can expect the plans. Hopefully I'll get them soon, so I can update.

I consider the Committee to be defunct until and unless I get more names.

Dear fellow Senators and the President,
I, Senator Eric Anderson (Social Liberal), was recently elected in the beautiful state of Minnesota as a Independent. I would also like to make a request to my lack-of-party leader to be assigned of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

My leaning on foreign policy lies toward intervention against totalitarian action against democracies. Considering my Norwegian heritage I'm very much in favor of the liberation of Norway. I will further endorse deployment of troops in Scandinavia.

On my budget for IC I consider naval power is very much important, especially the power projection of carriers. I also consider the Airforce to be the most important feature of any armed force and there for I want more IC to be diverted towards constructing CAS, Strategic bombers and Long range fighters.

When it comes to the budget for leadership i want more research into aircraft carriers and in particular their CAGs. I also wish for USA to be the first nation to research and deploy jet fighters on the European and Asian theater.

My stance on declaring war and signing peaces stands as such: I'm hesitant to start wars, but once started, I accept no other peace treaty than one where we are the victors and the enemy have been meticulously beaten.

I obviously believe that we should join the Allies, together with our fellow democracies. The existence of the communists are acceptable as long as they keep to themselves and don't try to force their ways upon others.

When it comes to assigning The Big Four I trust the executive branch to perform such duties.

We should continue our oversea deployment in both the Mediterranean and northern Europe. However we need to expand the operation in Norway to include the liberation of Denmark.

On matters of law and decision I think we should continue our current alignment toward education and industrial expansion. Although we can't let the military-industrial complex grow to big as it might threaten the democracy in our own nation. For this reason i'm against a full mobilization of the economy and a further expansion of the heavy industry emphasis.

Regarding nuclear power, I'm for developing civilian nuclear reactors, but very much against the extended development of nuclear weapons, only in a scenario where another nation we are at war with or who treatens world peace develop nuclear weapons should develop these weapons of mass destruction. But that is a last resort scenario. If we can we should stop these kind of nations from getting these weapons to begin with, preferably with diplomacy, but if necessary, with military action.

Dear Senators, and fellow members of the Democratic Party,

I am honoured to be now the head of the Party, the first woman in the recorded history of the Party, and even our nation. As the leader of the democrats, I will make sure the party remains true to it's heart.

Also, Mister President, I am putting forth the three democratic registered for the committee.

Signed,
Senator Mary Phillipps (D-CA)

Dear Senators, and fellow members of the Democratic Party,

I am honoured to be now the head of the Party, the first woman in the recorded history of the Party, and even our nation. As the leader of the democrats, I will make sure the party remains true to it's heart.

Also, Mister President, I am putting forth the three democratic registered for the committee.

Signed,
Senator Mary Phillipps (D-CA)

Thank you, Senator Phillips.

Senator Anderson, welcome, and congratulations on your election!

President Willkie