• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Final Draft Budget Proposal 1938

Seeing as we did very well in 1937 I wish to use to bill to propose we keep going in the same direction. 1937 has been a calm year, but also a year that has shown us we need to be prepared for the future. There are too many incidents happening around the world for us to just sit and wait patiently. Once the time comes we need to be able to act decisively. So I hereby present my budget proposal for 1938:

The area's whereupon I didn't comment can be considered as fine as they are. We needn't change everything.

Leadership:
- Officers: 0
- Diplomacy: 0.25
- Espionage: 1.5
- Research: 31.25 (What's left)

Production Plan

Since we worked on designing new naval and land techniques last year, it is now time to put these designs into production. Last year's Rudolf-Sinclaire 1937 Budget included a heavy focus on the Air force. This was done under the agreement that this year, the army and the navy would get the emphasis. Hence I propose the following division of our industrial capacity:

- Upgrades: 0 IC
- Supplies: 0 IC
- Reinforcements: 0.5 IC
- Consumer Goods: 39.36 IC (whatever gives us 0 dissent)

This leaves us with an average of about 120 IC to spend on anything else (correct me if Im wrong) :
- Any buildings and constructions: 40 IC
- Navy: 35 IC
- Army: 35 IC
- Air Force: 10 IC (in order to finish up the queue)

I shall not do any suggestions on what every department should construct, for it is the appropriate minister who can decide on these matters most effectively.

Conclusion:

With this plan we can continue to advance America into a modern state with the equally modern capabilities to defend its interests around the globe. I also would like to thank my fellow senators for their confidence in my bill. Now it's up to the ministers to spend our money wisely.

- Senator John Linton, FL-D

The Army Air Corps has submitted its budget plan for the entirety of 1938. As a side note, the amount of IC given to the Army Air Corps is appalling and will cripple us in the long run...

-Chief of the Army Air Corps General Oscar Westover

((I hope it is all clear what I have written down with the techs now :) also, you can assign the 4 or 5 new COs to any empty squadrons as you see fit Avin ;) ))

Final Draft Budget Proposal 1938

Seeing as we did very well in 1937 I wish to use to bill to propose we keep going in the same direction. 1937 has been a calm year, but also a year that has shown us we need to be prepared for the future. There are too many incidents happening around the world for us to just sit and wait patiently. Once the time comes we need to be able to act decisively. So I hereby present my budget proposal for 1938:

The area's whereupon I didn't comment can be considered as fine as they are. We needn't change everything.

Leadership:
- Officers: 0
- Diplomacy: 0.25
- Espionage: 1.5
- Research: 31.25 (What's left)

Production Plan

Since we worked on designing new naval and land techniques last year, it is now time to put these designs into production. Last year's Rudolf-Sinclaire 1937 Budget included a heavy focus on the Air force. This was done under the agreement that this year, the army and the navy would get the emphasis. Hence I propose the following division of our industrial capacity:

- Upgrades: 0 IC
- Supplies: 0 IC
- Reinforcements: 0.5 IC
- Consumer Goods: 39.36 IC (whatever gives us 0 dissent)

This leaves us with an average of about 120 IC to spend on anything else (correct me if Im wrong) :
- Any buildings and constructions: 40 IC
- Navy: 35 IC
- Army: 35 IC
- Air Force: 10 IC (in order to finish up the queue)

I shall not do any suggestions on what every department should construct, for it is the appropriate minister who can decide on these matters most effectively.

Conclusion:

With this plan we can continue to advance America into a modern state with the equally modern capabilities to defend its interests around the globe. I also would like to thank my fellow senators for their confidence in my bill. Now it's up to the ministers to spend our money wisely.

- Senator John Linton, FL-D

The Army Air Corps has submitted its budget plan for the entirety of 1938. As a side note, the amount of IC given to the Army Air Corps is appalling and will cripple us in the long run...

-Chief of the Army Air Corps General Oscar Westover

((I hope it is all clear what I have written down with the techs now :) also, you can assign the 4 or 5 new COs to any empty squadrons as you see fit Avin ;) ))

Senator Linton, as General Westover has informed me via telegram, you have not included a tech distribution in your bill. Rather than keep them waiting, I have decided to allocate 8 slots to each service.

President Roosevelt

((Chiefs, I accidentally deleted some of the PMs that had deployment orders; when you send along your plans, could you please include any deployments for stuff that it is in the queue but unfinished? Chimina, let me know if you want to change your plans as you sent them with the lesser tech slots I've allocated.))

Pardon my mistake for forgetting the tech distribution. I'm however fine with equal splitting, research is important on every field after all.

- Sen. John Linton, D-FL

((HoI 3 rly has way too many options.. in comparison to HoI 2 that is))

((Am I the only one amazed it took us this long for a Senator from Texas?))

((I was actually going to be from North Dakota until I saw that we had no Texas Senators. Surprising, really, given the amount of resources available for anyone to use in plotting a coup defending our nation.))

Honored Senators,

Per the requirements of the Linton-Sinclair bill, the Army has submitted its budget and orders for 1938. I would like to thank Senator Linton for his generous support of the Army, which will enable us to meet our intended force strength of ten reserve corps and two active-duty corps by the end of 1938. Nonetheless, I humbly request that you maintain this level of funding throughout 1939: doing so would allow us to complete the upgrading of our armored forces, as well as to establish a Ranger Corps that specializes in warfare the rough terrain where we will most likely fight in the near future.

General Douglas MacArthur,
Chief of Staff of the Unted States Army

I have received production and tech orders from all three chiefs; I'm going to play tonight and update tonight or tomorrow.

Timeline of Events: January 1, 1938 to July 1, 1938​

January

January 1, 1938: Consumer Product Orientation goes into law. Following construction begins:
-- One LARM and one CAV brigade upgraded to ARM
-- 2 serial builds of 4 divisions of 3 INF x 1 ART
-- 1 build of 2 divisions of 1 ARM x 2 CAV
-- 1 INT squadron
-- 4 IC
-- 1 SHBB
-- 2 BB (parallel)
January 7, 1938: Fighter Ground Control 2 and Light Tank Reliability 3 finish. Begin research of Medium Bomb 1 and increase priority of Medium Tank Reliability 1.
January 9, 1938: Cruiser Crew Training 1 and Light Cruiser Main Armament 2 finish. Begin research of Fire Control System Training 2 and Light Cruiser Armor 4.
January 14, 1938: Education 2 finishes. Begin research of Combat Medicine 1.
January 17, 1938: Aircraft Carrier AA Armament 4 finishes. Begin research of Spotting 2.
January 20, 1938: Aircraft Carrier Engine 4 finishes; increase priority of Aircraft Carrier Armor 5.
January 21, 1938: Airborne Assault Tactics 2 and Light Cruiser AA Armament 4 finish; begin research of Large Fuel Tank 1 and Battleship Crew Training 2.
January 25, 1938: Capital Ship Main Armament 4, Aircraft Carrier Hanger 4, and Tactical Air Command 2 finish. Begin research of Aero Engine 1, Battleship Engine, and Commander Decision Making.
January 28, 1938: 4 IC finished. 2 deployed in LA, 1 in Seattle, 1 in Denver.

February

February 1, 1938: Medium Tank Reliability 1 finishes; research continues.
February 8, 1938: Completion of 4 ART brigades; deployed to 20th, 24th, 26th, and 27th Infantry Divisions.
February 15, 1938: 2nd Armored Division finished, deployed to Worcester, MA. Attached to 2nd Army Rapid Response Corps. One Cavalry Brigade upgraded to ARM.

March

March 10, 1938: Light Cruiser Armor 4 completed; research continues. Also, Germany goes all Anschluss on Austria. We miss the OTL anschluss by one day. Creepy, no?
March 13, 1938: Troop Carrier Wing completed and deployed to Washington, DC.

April

April 8, 1938: Medium Tank Engine 1 completed; research continues.
April 12, 1938: 7th CAG finished and deployed to carrier outside of Seattle, WA.
April 14, 1938: Construction begins on 1 submarine division.
April 29, 1938: Infantry Light Artillery 3 completed; begin research on Infantry Small Arms 3.
April 30, 1938: Infantry Anti-Tank Weapons 3 completed; begin research on Infantry Support Weapons 3.

May

May 13, 1938: Light Tank Engine 3 and Light Tank Armor 3 completed; increased priority on Medium Tank Gun 1 and Medium Tank Engine 1.
May 17, 1938: 82nd Airborne Deployed to Washington, DC. ((Sorry, Tom; missed your note until after I finished playing :rolleyes:))
May 23, 1938: Interception Tactics 3 finished; Heavy Bomber Ground Crew Training 3 begins.

June

June 5, 1938: Mountain Infantry finishes; begin research on Marine Infantry.
June 9, 1938: Completion of 1st Infantry Division, 9th US Army Corps. Division based in Raleigh, NC.
June 12, 1938: Artillery Barrel and Ammunition 1 and Artillery Carriage and Sights 1 finishes; research continues.
June 14, 1938: Medium Tank Gun 1 finishes; research continues.
June 17, 1938: Battleship Engine 4 finishes; research continues.
June 21, 1938: Medium Tank Reliability 2 finishes; research begins on Self-Propelled Artillery Brigade.
June 28, 1938: Fighter Wing completed and deployed to Raleigh, NC; two additional Fighter Wings are constructed in serial. ((This technically goes over the Air Force's budget; however, I'm not sure if Sethanon included the transport wing in his calculations, so I gave them to Chimina anyway.))

July

July 1, 1938: Steel Production 2, Coal Processing Technologies 2, and Rare Materials Refining 2 finish. Research begins on Mechanical Computing Machine 2, Industrial Production 6, and Industrial Efficiency 6.

State of the Union incoming.

State of the Union: July 1, 1938

My fellow Americans,

1938 has been very quiet these past six months. The war between Japan and China goes very slowly. I am told by our Ambassador to China that Japan has barely penetrated Shanxi. However, Germany has made a brilliant diplomatic maneuver.

38anschluss.jpg

The annexation of Austria by Germany is yet another violation of the Treaty of Versailles by Mr. Hitler, and yet the British and French remain silent. This is very curious, but it is not our fight. Secretary Hull insists that the Germans had no hand in this acquisition; I, for one, am unconvinced, but I must take Mr. Hull's word for it.

That is all for now. Thank you, and good night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There really isn't much to discuss, honestly. I would ask my chiefs to add a couple of extra techs to their wishlists, as we got some new ones via the Education bump. All four need to give me two apiece; not all eight will be researched right away, but I think Saithis, in particular, is short a tech or two.

I've decided not to include a save or queues from the first six months, since we won't vote on a new budget until after the next update. It makes them a little quicker to write, and let's be honest, we're all waiting to see what happens when the war starts.

I don't have anything specific for you folks to vote on, unless you want to respond to the Anschluss somehow. That would be a little hypocritical, since as far as we know it's totally legitimate and we've kept our mouths shut thus far. Then again, hypocrisy from politicians wouldn't be entirely out of place. :)

Still, in case somebody wants to introduce a bill for something I haven't thought of, I'm going to hold off on playing more until Thursday evening. If there is a bill to worry about, I'll set up appropriate deadlines.

(( Are we allowed to propose a bill naming the new SHBB and making it the pride of the navy, or is that a decision of the Naval Chief))

((Why are we building an SHBB? We should be concentrating on carriers))

(( Are we allowed to propose a bill naming the new SHBB and making it the pride of the navy, or is that a decision of the Naval Chief))

I'm almost positive you can't rename individual ships in HOI 3 without editing the save. I haven't given much thought to the Pride of the Fleet stuff, but that does sound like something Congress would bestow. So, yes, you can make a bill to have the ship Pride of the Fleet-ed, but probably not rename it.

That would be a question for the Chief of the Navy, Senator.

((Actually, if the chiefs have the time, why not share your grand visions with Congress? It's been a while since we've done that, and it might be a good idea for military panhandling from Congress if they know what you're about :)))

I'm almost positive you can't rename individual ships in HOI 3 without editing the save. I haven't given much thought to the Pride of the Fleet stuff, but that does sound like something Congress would bestow. So, yes, you can make a bill to have the ship Pride of the Fleet-ed, but probably not rename it.

(( You can and if you like I can show you how. As a note, this class was planned but never executed as the Montana-class Battleship, with the planned ship to be the USS Montana. ))

That would be a question for the Chief of the Navy, Senator.

((Actually, if the chiefs have the time, why not share your grand visions with Congress? It's been a while since we've done that, and it might be a good idea for military panhandling from Congress if they know what you're about :)))

(( I'll give it a shot when I can, sure. As for the Battleship thing, I'm waiting on some more carrier techs I'd like to finish before the new run begins, and I'm RPing this. The SHBB is for flavour, fun and just because we can. We'll have ample time to spam out a ludicrous number of carriers before the war begins. ))

(( You can and if you like I can show you how. As a note, this class was planned but never executed as the Montana-class Battleship, with the planned ship to be the USS Montana. ))

(( I'll give it a shot when I can, sure. As for the Battleship thing, I'm waiting on some more carrier techs I'd like to finish before the new run begins, and I'm RPing this. The SHBB is for flavour, fun and just because we can. We'll have ample time to spam out a ludicrous number of carriers before the war begins. ))

((Saithis, I'm all ears. If you want to send along a PM with the instruction, I'd be much obliged.))

((Saithis, I'm all ears. If you want to send along a PM with the instruction, I'd be much obliged.))

(( Sent you a PM. Also I posted a senator awhile back but you never approved it! ))

(( Sent you a PM. Also I posted a senator awhile back but you never approved it! ))

((I don't have to officially sign off on a Senator, but you're already in the roster so you're good to go :)))

So we can get to 1939 quicker (and perhaps war?), I'm going to go ahead and start playing in an hour or two. We'll save the Pride of the Fleet bill for when the SHBB is actually finished. Updates should be tonight.

I'd like a report from General MacArthur on the Second-Sino War.I really want to see japanese progress on the war as it places much of my strategy in place

Senator John Sarigis SC

I'd like a report from General MacArthur on the Second-Sino War.I really want to see japanese progress on the war as it places much of my strategy in place

Senator John Sarigis SC

I will make sure my staff gets a copy of the latest progress to you after my State of the Union, Senator.

President Roosevelt

((For in-game stuff, you're probably better off asking me than one of them. You could also check the save games, if you have HOI3.))

((For in-game stuff, you're probably better off asking me than one of them. You could also check the save games, if you have HOI3.))

((Would it work in Vanilla as well?? Isn't this FTM or something?))

((Would it work in Vanilla as well?? Isn't this FTM or something?))

(( It won't work in HOI3 without expansions, as this is the For the Motherland expansion. ))